• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    A unit in a fight, is not the strength of the individual, but the strength of the unit.
    A strong unit is comprised of strong individuals trained to accomplish the same goals.
    I foresee acceptance problems initially but over time those should pass.
    I personally don't think I like the idea of this but it's not my military any more either.
    There are many things in this country I don't care for and I truly believe the country I love and know is being dismantled.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    It's your fault there's unease. Everyone else should conform to "odd" people to make them feel special. We shouldn't expect that the "odd" person would try to fit in with everyone else. Because, the military isn't about the mission. It's about inclusion.

The sad thing is... I can't tell if this is satire anymore or not.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I entered active duty in 1984 under Reagan's 600 ship buildup, left active in 1996 under Clinton's drawdown and retired from the Reserves last year. A short observation is that the current military has become a Political Correctness laboratory experiment for this administration. Biofuel from seaweed, full implementation of the LBGT agenda, taking out base golf courses for solar panel fields (right here in Indiana BTW), and more sensitivity training topics than those for military training. I'll miss the camaraderie of my fellow sailors, pride in serving and making a difference on important issues, but not the last eight years of PC inspired brain washing.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    A strong unit is comprised of strong individuals trained to accomplish the same goals.
    I foresee acceptance problems initially but over time those should pass.
    I personally don't think I like the idea of this but it's not my military any more either.
    There are many things in this country I don't care for and I truly believe the country I love and know is being dismantled.

AMEN, to THAT !!!!!

Semper Fi, JARHEAD !!!!!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Asked about LGBT troops, General Mattis says: "Frankly senator, I've never cared much about two consenting adults and who they go to bed with."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Say goodbye to the Covington news cycle.

US Supreme Court grants request for Pentagon to move forward with plan to limit transgender military service while lawsuits continue

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    :rockwoot:

We can't afford military healthcare or run a VA that works...or buy new weapons systems (though we're doing better this year) but this is supposed to be our priority. May this misguided concept die a swift and deserved death.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Say goodbye to the Covington news cycle.

US Supreme Court grants request for Pentagon to move forward with plan to limit transgender military service while lawsuits continue

"What are we outraged about again?"
    "A bunch of white privileged redneck hillbilly Catholic racists attacked a Native American Vietnam Vet!"
    "Wait, what? So you're saying it's... not true? Well crap."
    "Oooh look! LGBTQRSTUV stuff!"

Injess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Columbus
    “Transgender” recruits should already be disqualified from service based on the current recruiting criteria. If you’re on long term medication, like hormone replacement therapy, you’re denied entry. It’s a logistical nightmare to have to ship hormones to troops in let’s say kandahar. I know this doesn’t cover cross dressers but come on, I can’t take a commander seriously if he is dressed in women’s class A uniforms. Then it brings up issues like which PT test do they fall under?

I personally don’t have a problem with them wanting to serve but they have to identify as their birth gender and go by their name on their birth certificate while on duty, period. What they do on their time off is their business. The military doesn’t go by the us justice anyway, they have UCMJ.

I also don’t want tax money going to sex change surgery, just like I don’t want them paying for female recruits to get breast enlargements or male recruits to get penis enlargements.

Just for morale so our military isn’t the laughing stock around the world, there need to be limitations. Last time I checked our military is all volunteer, so if you don’t like the rules, don’t join. We all know they’re really complaining about discrimination because they want the medical and education benefits that come with serving.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Even having co-ed units deployed is a logistical and HR mess already. Now they want to do that with lady-men? I would not want to be the Captain in charge of that battalion.

Top Bottom