• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't know about doing it on a personal transaction, I guess I would if I didn't trust the other party or the stakes were high or was worried that something would go wrong or feel threatened. On the other hand I would not put my self in that position if I don't feel comfortable making the meet.

Right :thumbsup:

If you think the deal is that hinky that you have to record it, why make the transaction at all?

And then not say that you're recording the conversation, bad taste IMHO.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I used a recorded phone conversation to my advantage before. I have no guilt whatsoever about doing so. It involved a vehicle accident between this person and my wife. Before the cops got there, he was polite and completely admitted fault. Afterwards, it was a different story. The conflicting stories about what happened threatened to turn it into a long drawn out affair. We had all the guy's info so I decided to give him a call and record it. His statements to me over the phone clearly indicated he knew he was at fault. (He wasn't too bright, and I have a BS in BS:D) If we had actually went to court over it, I may have had a hard time getting the recording submitted as evidence, but I made sure he knew I had it. Once he knew that, his story to the insurance company suddenly changed and the matter was resolved quickly.

If a person is using their own private phone line or cell phone (or any form of communication that they own or pay for the use of), I see no reason why they shouldn't be permitted to record anything that is transmitted on it for any reason they desire without informing anyone. Any law dictating otherwise would be unjust IMO. :twocents:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Recording without the consent of the other party may be legal, but it IS shady and in poor taste. I won't do business with anyone who chooses to record me without my knowledge and consent.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Recording without the consent of the other party may be legal, but it IS shady and in poor taste. I won't do business with anyone who chooses to record me without my knowledge and consent.

Except that... If they " record you without your knowledge and consent", how are you going to differentiate them from anyone else?

Top Bottom