• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Ok I got my LTCH today and it says it is recommended to laminate it. Great idea because I dont think they would make the paper its printed on any thinner. I wanted to put a blank card stock or index card the same size as the permit behind since the back in blank any ways then laminate it...is this ok?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You won't need the extra thickness before lamination. I strongly recommend you check the FAQ about how to handle your LTCH before you laminate it.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I don't know the rules exactly, but i wouldn't think there would be a problem with that.

On the laminater i used i put the LTCH in a clear vinyl/plastic pouch thing. After it goes through, let it cool and trim the plastic about 1/8th inch around the edges.

It was plenty rigid after it's laminated, it's been holding up fine for a couple yrs now.

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    Once you laminate it there shouldn't be an issue with it not being durable enough. I wouldn't put any card stock with it just to avoid any unwanted attention. They look for a solid pink card and that's what they will want to see. And don't forget to sign it before laminating it.....

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I made 56 copies of mine on pink paper. Cant tell any from the original. I "laminated" some of them with heavy duty packing tape. I keep the original untouched in my safe, a digital copy on 3 different computers, and another digital copy on a thumbdrive. Y'know, just in case. :twocents:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ok I got my LTCH today and it says it is recommended to laminate it. Great idea because I dont think they would make the paper its printed on any thinner. I wanted to put a blank card stock or index card the same size as the permit behind since the back in blank any ways then laminate it...is this ok?

This will tighten some people up ... if you want to .
    Go to Fry's electronics ... if you are in the Indy area ... go to the stationary section .
    If they still have it look for the cheery / pink ream of paper ... they use to have the EXACT same color of paper that the permit is printed on .
    Buy it go to a copy store and use a good copier .
    Do not sign the original .
    Run off about a dozen copies .
    If you have a lifetime permit chances are you will need another one before you die .

Now you can have one in your wallet ... RV , motorcycle , where ever .
    and a couple for when you lose your wallet .

They charge for copies .
    Yeah your not suppose to do it ... you can't tell neither cant he LEO and your not defrauding the State .

I saw some guy that did one and you can't tell the difference .

Thanks
    Duncan

permit.jpg

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I scanned mine, front and back, and created a page that had a bunch of 'em on it. The digital versions are on the computer I'm on now, as well as on two backup drives. I printed the page out, front and back, cut out a couple, and had 'em laminated. The original is in my safe with the rest of the printed copies.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just out of curiosity how long did it take for you to get it? I applied for mine lifetime the day after Veteran's Day and still no word. I have been tempted to call, but I am not sure if it has been long enough. On my form it just says a "reasonable" length of time.

thanks

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Just out of curiosity how long did it take for you to get it? I applied for mine lifetime the day after Veteran's Day and still no word. I have been tempted to call, but I am not sure if it has been long enough. On my form it just says a "reasonable" length of time.

thanks

5 days.

Online, and used L1. But you saved $10.95... :D

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    You need a good copier. The Xerox copier I used was so good it picked up the pink paper and printed it as gray.

I had to fiddle with the advance setup and turn "Background Masking" to On.

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010

thanks

Actually it depends on how you filed, If you filed online and payed your fees then there's reports on recieving them within 10 days. Now if you did it the old fashion way then atleast expect 2 month wait they will tell you 12 to 18 weeks. When i did mine i was told this and i had to wait 7 weeks before i recieved mine. I would'nt call them because i was told by the ISP if it has not even been 12 weeks then its not in the system, But remember i was told 12 to 18 weeks on mine and recieved in 7 weeks exactly. Good luck and most of all patience pay's...:yesway:

jlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010

thanks

I got mine in about a week after I finished paperwork downtown, using L1.

You may be interested in this thread:
    Current LTCH Wait

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This will tighten some people up ... if you want to .
    Go to Fry's electronics ... if you are in the Indy area ... go to the stationary section .
    If they still have it look for the cheery / pink ream of paper ... they use to have the EXACT same color of paper that the permit is printed on .
    Buy it go to a copy store and use a good copier .
    Do not sign the original .
    Run off about a dozen copies .
    If you have a lifetime permit chances are you will need another one before you die .

Now you can have one in your wallet ... RV , motorcycle , where ever .
    and a couple for when you lose your wallet .

They charge for copies .
    Yeah your not suppose to do it ... you can't tell neither cant he LEO and your not defrauding the State .

I saw some guy that did one and you can't tell the difference .

Thanks
    Duncan

permit.jpg

I wish I wouldve thought about this before I laminated mine!

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I scanned mine, front and back, and created a page that had a bunch of 'em on it. The digital versions are on the computer I'm on now, as well as on two backup drives. I printed the page out, front and back, cut out a couple, and had 'em laminated. The original is in my safe with the rest of the printed copies.

I am pretty certain that the law is that you need to produce your license on demand from law enforcement. You might double check that fact though. I keep mine laminated in my wallet and with me any time that I am CC.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    If you have a glock, make a copy of your LTCH and stick a copy in the hole right behind the mag well. Of course, you would have to get a butt plate first but I found that it fits quite nicely in there and wherever my gun goes I will have a copy of my LTCH.

Top Bottom