• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Just out of curiosity how long did it take for you to get it? I applied for mine lifetime the day after Veteran's Day and still no word. I have been tempted to call, but I am not sure if it has been long enough. On my form it just says a "reasonable" length of time.

thanks

Fee free to call them after a reasonable time. Last year I applied for a copy just have around (wasn't smart enough to copy it when I received my lifetime ccw).

After 3 months I emailed the proper State Police Dept. (on website). A very nice lady helped me. She called and said it had been approved and mailed the day before I called (yeah right) and it would be along shortly. I received it a day or two later. She was very nice and followed up with emails to confirm I received it. Very helpful.
    Anyway, moral of the story, things happen and the squeaky wheel gets the oil (but be reasonable, don't call the next day after sending it in).

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I made 56 copies of mine on pink paper. Cant tell any from the original. I "laminated" some of them with heavy duty packing tape. I keep the original untouched in my safe, a digital copy on 3 different computers, and another digital copy on a thumbdrive. Y'know, just in case. :twocents:

+1 on the poor man's packing tape lamination! That's what I did as well. I works fine. Plus I haven't had occasion to take it out of my wallet since I put it in there.

choppers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Once i put mine in the plastic & cooked it, it was good and sturdy. Just dont forget to sign it first before you laminate.

Gunpowder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Marshall County
    Am I missing something? I don't recall anything that says you can't copy it.

As a matter of fact, I thought ISP, at one time, recommended making copies.
    My recollection is that the letter said to make a copy. Regardless, You can get the exact same pink paper @ Staples. As if the state gets some sort of top secret pink colored paper anyway....

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I bought a whole reem of the pink paper and have a bunch left over. If anybody wants any I live on the north side of Indy.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I made a copy and then laminated the one I carry, has anyone had to get a new one? I moved did the hole notify the state but did not flip for the new one with my new address, if you have applied for a new one how long does that take? Any problems?

jlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I checked a bunch of places in NW Indy when I got mine (Kinko's, Staples, Office Depot, Officemax, etc) and nobody would copy mine because it's a state ID or some such. I ended up not making a copy and just getting it laminated.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just to give everyone a heads up, I got my Lifetime today! It felt like Christmas all over again! I initiated the process on 11/11/10 and received my license on 01/12/11, almost exactly 8 weeks. No complaints here!!!

Muncieguy83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I'm a newbie here as well, I applied for my lifetime license on 01/07/11 and got my 02/12/11. I didn't think the wait time was that long at all. I live in muncie and went to Staples, the lady there had no problem matching the color up, making me copies, and laminating them for me. I think my copies might be just a shade lighter, but not enough to even tell!

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Kinkos will not copy them. They said it is against the law and the chief of police in Indianapolis wrote a letter to them stating not to do it. Whatever. I went to Staples and they didn't even question it. Found a shade very close and made 3 copies, laminated, and out the door. The original is in the safe with my old driver's license. So if I lose my wallet I can still drive and carry. I won't use kinkos now or reccomend them.

Top Bottom