• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Okay…..Time to get back on track. How about defense scenarios games or training exercises that have multiple targets in CQC style that require 2 hits per target before transition. While this increases the round count for the games it defeats CQC where you simply take longer to neutralize the total of targets. Or in other words, increase your transition time. Perhaps if that is all these shooters believe about defensive gun play then they might want to get the t-shirt…”I shoot dead people”

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Okay…..Time to get back on track. How about defense scenarios games or training exercises that have multiple targets in CQC style that require 2 hits per target before transition. While this increases the round count for the games it defeats CQC where you simply take longer to neutralize the total of targets. Or in other words, increase your transition time. Perhaps if that is all these shooters believe about defensive gun play then they might want to get the t-shirt…”I shoot dead people”

If I'm reading your post right you are assuming a one shot stop and the shooter making a perfect shot every time.:dunno:
    You also said games and for games what difference does it make as far as rounds required?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    If I'm reading your post right you are assuming a one shot stop and the shooter making a perfect shot every time.:dunno:
    You also said games and for games what difference does it make as far as rounds required?

Key words are CLose Quarter Combat and defense. Many Times in the games a stage will require 1 hit only and I see habit shooters (me included) tapping their way to procedurals. In a showdown with 3 perps at 5 yds It would seem one pill each would be faster with the opportunity to perform ballistic surgery in the clean up. Doesn't shot number three come quicker than shot number 5?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The phrase “unfired but with some carry wear”. I’m amazed every time I heat that uttered. They might as well have said “this gun is a talisman and nothing else”

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The phrase “unfired but with some carry wear”. I’m amazed every time I heat that uttered. They might as well have said “this gun is a talisman and nothing else”

I had the same expression on my face when you mentioned this very thing at the range. Not you but someone you would think better of.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Key words are CLose Quarter Combat and defense. Many Times in the games a stage will require 1 hit only and I see habit shooters (me included) tapping their way to procedurals. In a showdown with 3 perps at 5 yds It would seem one pill each would be faster with the opportunity to perform ballistic surgery in the clean up. Doesn't shot number three come quicker than shot number 5?

It's a game, and in a game you can win based solely on what you do. That's not real world. If you're facing 3 armed people at 5y, split times aren't what's going to save the day in the real world. What will save the day is largely out of your hands. Their will to stay in the fight and pull the trigger. 3 guys ready and willing? You're going to catch a bullet. Luckily, random thugs tend to break and run once the shooting starts.

Using choke points, cover, and movement are what's in your control.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    In one word, "Polychokes"

I have a beautiful Rem 11 with a solid rib that someone cut for a polychoke.
    I had a first year production Win 12 16ga cut for a polychoke.
    A local gun shop has a gorgeous Rem 870 Wingmaster 20ga with a factory skeet barrel cut for polychoke.

nuff said

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Ok how is this one...can anyone explain why Winchester Small pistol primers are in slightly larger packaging than large pistol primers?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    How about this: I have seen a commercially produced single barrel shotgun that the trigger WAS THE BARREL RELEASE! First pull fires, second pull opens... what could possibly go wrong?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Old guys that will walk up and start taking my spent brass, when I am down range changing targets. :xmad:

I prefer shooting in crappy weather when no one else is at the range. :ar15:

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Instead of posting some dislikes, I have a couple of things I really like. Average barrels from the cheapest rifles you'd consider buying, are more accurate than match barrels 40 years ago. That and parts are interchangeable now and fit in most decent manufacturers firearms. We live in good times.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Stupid effn questions, like, really stupid questions! and comments.. Really stupid questions and comments. Yeah those get under my skin.

Top Bottom