• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I think Irsay hinted as to why they were parting. During the news conference he talked about rebuilding the team, which to me would be a hint that Manning would not be happy playing with a bunch of newbies who are learning from scratch.

Manning probably agreed that he would not be happy, because even if he played 100%, when you have an otherwise all new team, the loses pile up too quickly.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Good bye Peyton... Zzzzz........ To quote Chick McGee, "MAN I DON'T CARE"!!!!!

Watching Manning play football was about as interesting as watching paint dry. Yeah he has alot of records, made alot of money but hell his brother Ely has TWO Super Bowl rings doesn't he?:D

:twocents:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Colts suck...Manning sucks, that is all.

And by the way KC has already been talking to him. Which if he goes there, I will have to find a new team. I cant stand Manning that much, people think he walks on water.

Finally, someone with common sense. Not the being a KC fan, just anti-Manning. Glad we have a QB in STL.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    The Colts will go on and so will Peyton. just look at the Packers and Favre. Favre had his ups and downs after leaving before he finally retired and the Pack won a Superbowl without Favre. We will see in a few years if Indy will rebound but I do not expect a winning season this year.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    With Manning gone and Colt ticket sales (mighy go down).I wonder how long it will take the city to rase sales tax on dinning out by another 1 or 2 % to come up with the funds to run Lucas Oil Stadium! :xmad:

shotgun0311

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Camby
    This is an outrage you don't release yor franchise quarterback. Jim you need to rethink your business, and fix it before your team falls off the map again.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With Manning gone and Colt ticket sales (mighy go down).I wonder how long it will take the city to rase sales tax on dinning out by another 1 or 2 % to come up with the funds to run Lucas Oil Stadium! :xmad:

You mean we're going to get stuck with the mortgage on "the house that Peyton built"?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The Colts went from the most envied team to the most hated (or laughed at) team overnight. They will realize their mistake when Manning takes another team to undefeated seasons and the Super Bowl in the future while Indy grubs around in the basement and returns to the team they were before Peyton.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Colts went from the most envied team to the most hated (or laughed at) team overnight. They will realize their mistake when Manning takes another team to undefeated seasons and the Super Bowl in the future while Indy grubs around in the basement and returns to the team they were before Peyton.

Hey look on the bright side...we probably won't have to stay up late to watch very many games from now on. We'll likely not get too many Sunday/Monday night invites--they were a pita anyway for those if us that have to be at work early. And if attendance falls off enough, the Sunday afternoon home games will be blacked out--that'll mean more time available to spend outside in the great fall weather.;)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This is an outrage you don't release yor franchise quarterback. Jim you need to rethink your business, and fix it before your team falls off the map again.

You don't pay a player coming off 4 surgeries, didn't play a snap last year, hasn't been cleared by team doctors the kind of money he would be getting. Some people get far too emotional about a game. He got a 20 million dollar signing bonus and 6.4 million in salary and roster bonus. This year it would have been 35.4 million. Tell me how keeping him around would have made sense if he can't throw the football for a full training camp without problems...what happens if he ends up having problems after a huge hit coming in a preseason game because there are holes all over the O-line? If a team has to rebuild, it would make much more sense to have a player that can take the field, even if he won't be the hero to the fans that your franchise QB was...at least not instantly.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    You don't pay a player coming off 4 surgeries, didn't play a snap last year, hasn't been cleared by team doctors the kind of money he would be getting.

So then he WON'T be signed by anyone???

Top Bottom