• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    Yeah, reaverphobia is definitely on the list.

Who was the dipsh*t that canceled that show?

Hey, at least the movie turned out well. Honestly, I think the western element coupled with the fact that it was a little more cerebral than a lot of shows killed it. It's not the easiest show to casually watch like Stargate, etc.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    My phobia is a reason why I am FOR the ablility to carry in state parks. Don't want to be floss for a bear. Now I need to get a glock 17 for the underwater variety..............

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hey, at least the movie turned out well. Honestly, I think the western element coupled with the fact that it was a little more cerebral than a lot of shows killed it. It's not the easiest show to casually watch like Stargate, etc.

Ahh, yep lets dumb it down for America!

I didn't like the movie...Actually it was alright, but I think I didn't like it because I knew after it was over Firefly was over.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I could have done without seeing this one. This thing grows to 12 inches AND it eats birds... A spider that eats birds... Oh my goodness... The dang thing gives me chills just by looking at it's shedded skin...

SNN2018A-682_590730a.jpg

Monster spider is on the loose | The Sun |News

THIS giant spider skin has left workers at an oil refinery terrified.

The skin belonged to world’s largest spider – and now staff fear the deadly creature is on the loose in their workplace.
    The goliath bird-eating spider, which grows up to 12 INCHES long, shed the skin after becoming too big for it.
    It is now feared the rat-sized creature is prowling around the ConocoPhillips plant in Scunthorpe, Lincs.
    One worker said last night: “The skin has really creeped me out. I keep thinking the spider is scuttling about.”
    The South American spider, a type of tarantula, has fangs and poisonous leg hairs. Its bite could prove fatal to the sick or elderly.
    No one knows how it got into the refinery.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The goliath bird-eating spider, which grows up to 12 INCHES long, shed the skin after becoming too big for it.
    It is now feared the rat-sized creature is prowling around the ConocoPhillips plant in Scunthorpe, Lincs.
    One worker said last night: “The skin has really creeped me out. I keep thinking the spider is scuttling about.”
    The South American spider, a type of tarantula, has fangs and poisonous leg hairs. Its bite could prove fatal to the sick or elderly.
    Good lord. I prolly won't sleep now...
    *shudder*

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh yeah. Nighttime was probably not the best time for that.. hehehe Sorry. :) You'd think you would notice something that's a foot wide crawling around though.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I could have done without seeing this one. This thing grows to 12 inches AND it eats birds... A spider that eats birds... Oh my goodness... The dang thing gives me chills just by looking at it's shedded skin...

SNN2018A-682_590730a.jpg

Monster spider is on the loose | The Sun |News

THIS giant spider skin has left workers at an oil refinery terrified.

The skin belonged to world’s largest spider – and now staff fear the deadly creature is on the loose in their workplace.

I'd quit my job. That simple. :nailbite:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok... I was reading some of the stories people had when they encountered these camel spiders.... I had to quit reading. I'm probably going to have nightmares now. hehehe I did like the story though about the big guy screaming like a little girl. I'm glad it's not just me.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I've done the slingshot (reverse bungee jump)... I love roller coasters too.

So I went to Las Vegas and rode the rides on top of the Stratosphere... it's really strange seeing the airplanes flying below you.

The roller coater, no problem... the ejector seat thing... major butterflies, but very cool...

The next time I went to Vegas they had a new one... When I saw this thing [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9zpEbHx7E]YouTube - XScream[/ame] I nearly peed my pants just watching it... no thanks... not in this lifetime.

I feel better now, knowing what my limits are.

Now they have a new one... called Insanity... think tilt-a-whirl at 900 feet up.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Spiders, bugs, snakes, I can deal with those. Ok, little spiders not so much... But Being on ladders scare the pooh outta me. Or leaning over the edge of a few stories-tall building... But I wanna be a piolt some day... At least I'm not the only one.

And yea, government scares the pooh outta me too. Not just federal, but all. Just knowing they pretty much dictate how I can live my life...

Death doesn't so much scare me except how it will happen. I used to have an "ideal way to die", but I gave that one up once I had kids. Now I just pray I go in my sleep, painlessly. Not screaming in agony then passing out and passing on...

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Anything where I'm trapped. This includes elevators and the like, flying (can't just step out of a Cessna - and I was on my way to becoming a pilot), I won't be a passenger in a car as I have to control it, and I do not like crowds to the point that it probably borders on agoraphobia. I suppose being paralyzed would rank in there too. It's a pretty broad spectrum.

I like to have my back to the wall with an option of doing a "stage right" if the situation calls for it.

Josh <><

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    Just don't Google for Camel Spiders.

large-camel-spider.jpg

when i was over in kuwait all i ever found was a baby camel spider(still bigger than most). granted that's two pictured, they can get almost as big as a car rim. the issue with them "chasing" people is they run from shadow to shadow so when a person casts a shadow thet will try to get into it, thus scaring the s**t out of our troops. luckily we never found any full size ones, those things are creepy

personally i'm scared of drowning

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Now they have a new one... called Insanity... think tilt-a-whirl at 900 feet up.

I do not really fear heights (respect them though) but I went on Insanity and it was the strongest vertigo I've ever felt. Possibly because of the tiny little lap bar and centrifugal force being the only things to keep you 900 feet up. Scarier than sky diving.
    :rockwoot:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't mind planes too much, but I am not a fan of heights. I hate rollercoasters, being near the edge of a tall building, hell even tall ladders. For whatever reason airplanes don't bother me too much, probably because I a feel more secure being inside something, even if that something can fall out of the sky.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    I have a healthy respect for things like snakes rats spiders and such. No phobias so to speak. Certian elements physically have told me that what I was doing was dangerous, things that others fear or have phobias of. That said Extreem tight places such as the barrel of Missile launcherr or a casket in aa dug grave tend to make me uneasy.

Had a feinf once who was a pro nitro drag racer who was afraid of heights. He almost passed out in a glass elevator at Niagara Falls. Strpped toa nitro burning motor going 300 miles per hour = thrill, glass sight seeing elevator= negative physical feedback response. People.. go figure

Top Bottom