• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Ran 2 miles yesterday in 15 minutes. I thought this was good compared to the previous one in 16.5 minutes.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Ran 2 miles yesterday in 15 minutes. I thought this was good compared to the previous one in 16.5 minutes.

That's a good time for most people. I know when I graduated O.S.U.T at FT Benning there were people who struggled for 16.5 minutes. Keep it up :thumbsup:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I walk about a mile every morning. I know it's not as advanced as most of you guys but it's baby steps!

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    out of shape

Back in September of 07 I quit smoking and ohhh man did that lead to some weight gain. I went from 205lbs in September to 255lbs in March. I know it being winter didnt help with the weight gain but damn it was too much. I the beginning of May I could not stand being out of shape. I started to walk (taking the dog with me) the first week it was just a mile to get used to doing it. As of right now I walk 2 miles (still with the dog) every morining at a 14min per mile pace. I have also started back to doing push ups and sit up before the morning walk. I have made some progress in the weight loss. I am down to 240 but cant seem to break into the 230's. I'm tryin to stay away from running as my knees arent as good as they used to be (damn Army abuse).

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Hey, brother, 14min/mile is a damned good pace. If you find a way to increase your training heart rate without injuring your knees, you should be able to break out of your plateau. Of course, you'll have to modify your food intake as well.

Good luck and keep us updated. :)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Thanks, brother. I made a change to my plan. I am running 2 miles for two weeks instead of one. Yesterday, I did it in 14:45. I am pleased as I can see an improvement with every run. My knees, however, are killing me today.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I attempted and succeeded at 7:16 minute mile with my heavy bag yesterday. Not a smart idea, as I am still hurting now :). But I slowed to normal cadence after that hell mile and did my usual. I think Im going to skip running tomarrow...ouch.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    If anyone is interested in following the basic training pt regiment for 9 weeks and seeing what it can do for them let me know. At the end of BCT and AIT I had lost a lot of weight. Unfortunately I was not strong enough in my training to stick with it. Good news though, I am starting back up with it and going to hit it twice as hard.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    If anyone is interested in following the basic training pt regiment for 9 weeks and seeing what it can do for them let me know. At the end of BCT and AIT I had lost a lot of weight. Unfortunately I was not strong enough in my training to stick with it. Good news though, I am starting back up with it and going to hit it twice as hard.

Any chance of throwing together a list of what / when / how, and sending it my direction?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Okay, I have taken Monday off from the office. I am going to begin my Long March (a slow run) 7 miles in Brown Country Park with my full pack. I will begin at 8 am, finish hopefully at 10 :D

I know I have to get back in shape! I have NO muscle left (just flab)

I went for a job interview (to drive a truck) and was told that I would have to lift an 80lb ramp to the trailor.
    I came home and tried to pick up my 68lb granddaughter, but was unable. OMG, I'm in REALLY BAD shape!
    I had to call them back today and "admit" my weakness. One job down the tubes. :ugh: :crying:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I am back from Brown County. I ran 8 miles up and down hills (looked like 7, until i got there and looked at the map). 4 miles away, turn, 4 miles back, full SHTF pack and weighted PVC tubing for my "rifle". Took me little over an hour (1 hour, 17 minutes) at a good half steam. I am tired as hell, thank god I took the day off from work. The plus side is the weather was absolutely amazing and dawn at the top of one of those massive hill lookouts is wonderful.

I highly suggest anyone go and run there at least once at dawn in their life.

Top Bottom