• Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    LIONS.jpg

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    What's sad is, that the intelligent species, the species that is supposed to be able to reason, is most often the cause of pics like that.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    What's sad is, that the intelligent species, the species that is supposed to be able to reason, is most often the cause of pics like that.

True, but in this case the member of the "intelligent species" that caused the problem is the moron that mistreated and released all these animals. The people that shot them were just cleaning up his mess and left with little choice.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    True, but in this case the member of the "intelligent species" that caused the problem is the moron that mistreated and released all these animals. The people that shot them were just cleaning up his mess and left with little choice.

Lions Tigers and Bears oh my!! It is truly sad, and I agree with Supr !

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN

I wouldn't dispute that for a split second.....

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Give 'Africa Addio' a watch from roughly the 40 minute mark and feel better about the goings on in Ohio.

Sad about the tigers though, as there sure aren't enough of them.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Exactly. Those first responders were left with no choice but to put them down or possibly risk some little kid get eaten in his own back yard.

This was a terribly tragic situation and seeing that picture makes me sick to my stomach. All of those beautiful animals had to be slaughtered because of the decision of one piece of ****.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    It's too bad these animals had to die, but if I was the one walking through the woods looking for these tigers and bears, I would much rather have a gun than a tranquilizer. Those take a minute to take effect. Human life always trumps animal life.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    People shouldn't be allowed to have these types of animals it isn't right for the animals and it can turn dangerous for the rest of us,these species need to roam free they are not like dogs and house cats.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    People shouldn't be allowed to have these types of animals it isn't right for the animals and it can turn dangerous for the rest of us,these species need to roam free they are not like dogs and house cats.

I'll grant you that this man apparently didn't treat his animals well at all, but there are some who give them enclosures appropriate to their size and space needs. Don't take the rights just because one fool abused and went beyond the boundaries of his, IMHO.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I can't help but wonder how many of the cops had their picture taken with the one they shot...

From the stories I read, none of them were all too happy about having to kill the animals that were shot. Even Jack Hanna thought it was the proper thing to do.

Don't forget the moron also spent time in Federal lock up for weapons violations.

If you are serious about properly caring for these animals and have the ability to do it, why can't people own them? These animals are smart and can be trained (can't train the wild out of them but you can get fairly use to their reactions). I don't think that any moron with money should be allowed to own these animals but there are rescues and sanctuaries that provide better care than many zoos do.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    LSU has a live tiger on campus. Treated better than most people. It (Mike) has about a 2 million dollar beautiful habitat. Mike also came from refuge in Indiana. They place him in front of the visito's locker room at home game and he roars on command.

Top Bottom