• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    Went out this morning and right in the middle of the South bay were 20 spent shot shells. I looked at the sign in and no one has claimed to be shooting shot gun in the last 2 days. If anyone witnesses someone leaving their trash, report them.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Went out this morning and right in the middle of the South bay were 20 spent shot shells. I looked at the sign in and no one has claimed to be shooting shot gun in the last 2 days. If anyone witnesses someone leaving their trash, report them.

I agree, and I always pick up after myself, but the last several times I've been, there has been no trashcan by the bays where it used to be. People leaving shells and targets seems to have increased dramatically since there is no convenient place to dispose of them. I've started bringing a trash bag with me so I can haul our trash to the dumpster on the way out, but I'm sure many people don't do this.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's so stupid. You spend THAT much money to be a member, and you leave trash on the range. Stupid.

What's nice about MCFG is that it is nice and clean.

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I agree, and I always pick up after myself, but the last several times I've been, there has been no trashcan by the bays where it used to be. People leaving shells and targets seems to have increased dramatically since there is no convenient place to dispose of them. I've started bringing a trash bag with me so I can haul our trash to the dumpster on the way out, but I'm sure many people don't do this.
    How about take your trash home. I`am not your Mother

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI

He's properly disposing of his trash. A person being a paying member would expect on-site facilities to promote doing the right thing, rather than have to deal with it oneself. Perhaps I am missing your point?

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    He's properly disposing of his trash. A person being a paying member would expect on-site facilities to promote doing the right thing, rather than have to deal with it oneself. Perhaps I am missing your point?
    I don`t get payed to pick up trash. As a member you should try to leave it cleaner then you found it. our you can come to the next meeting and we can talk about .

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I don`t get payed to pick up trash. As a member you should try to leave it cleaner then you found it. our you can come to the next meeting and we can talk about .
    yoda-senses-internet-tough-guy-thumb.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

WTF are you talking about?

chezuki brings his own trash bags and picks up after himself. Maybe a reread is in order.
    OR are you saying that you don't want him to leave his trash in the trash can?

And he PAYS to go to this range?

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI

I don't see anyone asking you to. Regardless of a membership, one should always try to leave a place better than arrived, and nobody has stated otherwise. Seems you're wanting a reason to vent. If so, please do.

Paid.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Wtf Don?!? I DO clean up after myself, and I DO take my trash with me when I leave. And then there was a trash can by the bays I ALWAYS changed it if it needed it and hauled the bag to the trash cart. On the days when the trash cart was overflowing, I'd haul the bags I gathered to the dumpster on the way out. I know not everyone is likely to do this, but removing the trash can all together has made the problem worse not better.

Many times I've seen trash stacked up or scattered around where the trash can used to be. If there was a can there, at least the trash wouldn't be getting blown around.

When I see you in person you're always very cordial and call me by name. This "internet tough-guy" persona really doesn't suit you.

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    Easy everyone. My OP was regarding spent shot shells left. Yes it is trash, but I don't believe the presence of a trash can would change the offenders actions. It has become a problem with the spent shells being left. So bad a couple of 5 gallon buckets were recently filled picking them up. Signs have been posted and it is still happening. They are not leaving them in a pile where the trash can was. They are being left where they land because the shooter is lazy. (I won't say member because I am hoping a member would take better care of the property)
    Chezuki does make a very good point regarding the trash cans. I did pick them up but I did not have a bag or anything to put them in so I threw them into my brass tarp and took them home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Easy everyone. My OP was regarding spent shot shells left. Yes it is trash, but I don't believe the presence of a trash can would change the offenders actions. It has become a problem with the spent shells being left. So bad a couple of 5 gallon buckets were recently filled picking them up. Signs have been posted and it is still happening. They are not leaving them in a pile where the trash can was. They are being left where they land because the shooter is lazy. (I won't say member because I am hoping a member would take better care of the property)
    Chezuki does make a very good point regarding the trash cans. I did pick them up but I did not have a bag or anything to put them in so I threw them into my brass tarp and took them home.

I think I know who the guy is. Have had words with him in the past for no reason on my part. Just a bumpy individual. Take a chill my friend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wtf Don?!? I DO clean up after myself, and I DO take my trash with me when I leave. And then there was a trash can by the bays I ALWAYS changed it if it needed it and hauled the bag to the trash cart. On the days when the trash cart was overflowing, I'd haul the bags I gathered to the dumpster on the way out. I know not everyone is likely to do this, but removing the trash can all together has made the problem worse not better.

Many times I've seen trash stacked up or scattered around where the trash can used to be. If there was a can there, at least the trash wouldn't be getting blown around.

When I see you in person you're always very cordial and call me by name. This "internet tough-guy" persona really doesn't suit you.

Hmmmm....maybe I am not really sure who this is.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    With the size of the membership we are going to have a few that causes most of the problem. Don't let these few cause the rest of us to turn on each other. The club needs good members to do the right thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With the size of the membership we are going to have a few that causes most of the problem. Don't let these few cause the rest of us to turn on each other. The club needs good members to do the right thing.

I think that is what we are all trying to say here. And I agree with your post.
    But.......I do not "Need" another Mother or anyone assuming it.
    I have been to the range with Chezuki and we all policed up our area as we always do.

Top Bottom