• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Well, just a few short weeks after deciding i wanted a gun (and pretty much set on which one) I finally got one! :rockwoot:

Ruger SP101 in 357 magnum. Within an hour of picking it up, i had already put 15-20 rounds of 38 special +P, and about 4 rounds of 357 (thats all that came with it) MAN, you can really tell a difference. haha.

I have to give a thanks to my buddy BOB for going with me to make sure there were no problems with it and letting me shoot out at his house.

on to the pics!

:woot: shot about 15-20 rounds of 38 special +P, and 4 rounds of 357 magnum about an hour after i picked her up! Gotta give a thanks to mr BOB for going with me and letting me shoot at his house.

photo_1_7_.JPG

photo_2_8_.JPG

photo_3_2_.JPG

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    carry... maybe.

why now? because i have an 8 month old son. ive been thinking about it for awhile, and i was thinking... his future is 100% determined by my actions. if i choose not to have home protection/carry, and something happens, am i going to let $400 determine our future. we dont really live in a "BAD" part of town (sw side) but its not so much of the BAD people you have to worry about. its the opportunist. oh look, door is unlocked. start stealing stuff... you pop around the corner, scare the crap out of them, they pull and shoot because thats all they can think to do. not good. my wife is also home alone alot during the day.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    SP101 is a very good choice and a responsible one at that. They are very rugged and reliable guns. If this is the only handgun you ever own (and I hope it isn't) then it is one that will serve you well.

1) Invest in some good .38 +P defense ammo. I would recommend the Speer 135 grain short barrel loads if you can find them.

2) Both you and your wife should take a training class together. There are several opportunities for classes in Indiana.

3) Practice regularly and if your wife is going to use the gun take her along.

4) Buy a small gun vault or other means to lock the gun up. But remember it still needs to be accessible.

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    You have great taste! You need to be warned that firearms have a tendancy to multiply......:)

haha. its all good. all my hobbys accidentally multiply. at one time, i had 8 cars... i currently have 6 minibikes (ct70, z50's, honda chaly).... 5 saltwater tanks.... lol. i have problems. haha

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    all currently have for ammo is 38+P 125 grain jacketed hollow point. i need to go ammo shopping soon. i wanna stock up on some target practice ammo. i plan to have me and the wife put a decent amount of rounds in it this spring

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Great job on going to the .357. A friend just bought a Ruger LCP for his wife and I couldn't help thinking, "why didn't you get her a .357? She can always shoot .38, 38+P and then .357 when she gets more confident." The 101 is a great little piece. The extra weight of the stainless steel helps with the recoil.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hey OP: Where in IN are you?

If you post that, you'll probably get several recommendations on where to do your ammo shopping!

And kudos to you, sir, for taking a strong stance for the protection of yourself and your family.

-J-

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Sw side of Indy. Bradis is about 3 minutes away from my house. Havnt been over to the ammo side to check prices there.

And thanks guys!

Top Bottom