• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Man that's messed up, I saw what looked like multiple attempts at vehicular homicide there.

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Wow, I have no idea what they were arguing about but that's simply uncalled for. I hope they through his ass in jail.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Crap like this goes on all the time, unfortunately sometimes the "cage" driver succeeds in hitting the bike. It gets me that they aren't charged with attempted murder.

Yes, video can and has been used to prosecute drivers, problem is they normally only get reckless driving out of it instead of attempted murder. The vehicle is being used as a weapon and video shows there is intent.

Until they crack down on these type of idiots no one is safe on the road whether its on two wheels or four.

Were the motorcyclists breaking the law, sure. Was the rider in this video doing anything to deserve someone trying to take his life, hell no.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't understand the restraint shown by the bikers, I'm guessing the first motorcyclist wasn't aware of how close he came to dying!!!
    Believe me, if that was me( and it wouldn't have been, I don't make passes like that) I would have jerked him out of his truck and stomped his ass!!!!!!!!
    P.s. I also ride quads and off road ( to gabriel)

Last edited:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Motorcyclists! this is what happens when you pass in a no-passing zone!

holy crap that was intense. I am surprised by one things though. the road is pretty twisty, and thats the easiest way to lose jackasses like this. trust me, I had someone tailgaiting like it was their job (also resulting from a pass - a legal one though) on US-22 in eastern OH, and was glad that it was windy, cuz even a firebird can lumber through turns faster than a truck. those sportbikes could have easily left him behind, imo.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Wonder if the biker got a citation as well?? :dunno: It is illegal for him to make a pass on a double yellow isn't it?? No excuse for the trucker doing what he did but the biker falls into that "stupid games have stupid consequences".... Im gonna hear it, I know.

BTW....the trucker is an idiot as well.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Typical quad rider.

Hey, easy now. I'm a quad (we call them four-wheeler's down here) and a bike rider and truthfully I don't act like either one of these guys did. And thanks to IN I can even ride my quad legally on the roads now if it is properly registered. I have to say that neither of these people were following the letter of the law. But in no way is that an excuse for the actions of the truck driver, it sure looked like he was trying to injure him to me and he should be charged with something more than reckless driving.:twocents:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The truck driver is not in charge of who drives on the road or how they drive.
    If his dumb ass has a problem with it, call the cops.
    Doing crap like that leads to spending money on dental work.

Just like some people that have posted ON INGO that they purposefully drive
    slow in the passing lane just to jam people up. It's not your job jackwagon.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Similar thread going on ARFCOM at the moment as well. I haven't had a chance to read all through it to see if there is an update.

Pickup truck driver tries to kill Motorcyclist. - AR15.COM

My quesiton is this...can the police arrest the individual based the second motorcylclists testimony and video?

Yes they could most defiantly be charged on the written statement from the motorcyclist's. The only problem with jailing them is under Indiana law we have the misdemeanor exception. What the truck driver did under Indiana law is all misdemeanors. The officer would have to actually see the driver doing what he did. Not sure but I don't think the video would count. But I would have called the on call prosecutor and they might say go ahead and outright him.
    At the minimum I would have charged him with reckless driving and criminal recklessness with a motor vehicle. Now if the driver was armed it might be a different story,even if the weapon was not involved in the confrontation. It could have been as simple as a shotgun in a window rack, That would be a D Felony making it an arrestable offense even if you didn't witness it.:twocents:

What an a--

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Whats the deal on the driver being armed making it a felony even if the weapon is not involved in the confrontation? I totally agree that the pick-up driver shold be held responsible for his actions and to a lesser extent the motorcyle rider's as all of them broke the law.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Whats the deal on the driver being armed making it a felony even if the weapon is not involved in the confrontation? I totally agree that the pick-up driver shold be held responsible for his actions and to a lesser extent the motorcyle rider's as all of them broke the law.

IC code 35-42-2-2.c-2; A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally performs
    b.1) an act that creates a substantial risk of bodily injury to another person

c.1) Is a class A Misdemeanor if the conduct includes the use of a motor vehicle
    c.2) a class D Felony if it is committed while armed with a deadly weapon

The key words are" while armed with a deadly weapon". It does not say while using. Would a prosecutors office charge on that? Yes I think they would but you never know. I don't recall ever reading any case law on the subject.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom