• Which is your preferred carry option?

• Total voters

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I know this has been done to death, but I don't know if age has ever been part of it.

I'm curious to see how age RELATES TO ones preference in the age old question of Pistol vs. Revolver.

Without further ado, which do you PREFER to carry? I know you may have and like both, but if you had to pick one...

If you don't want to play, don't play.

(Yes, I know I could have done the age ranges a hundred different ways. I settled on sorting by young pups, oldtimers and the rest of us... :D FWIW, I'm almost in the oldtimer category myself.)

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    FWIW, even in my relatively short history with handguns I've found myself gravitating from light, plastic, striker fired guns to heavier, steel, hammer fired. My own changes in preference are one reason for this poll.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So far looks like a lot of 30 - 49 year old people voting. The under 30 crowd must not be in management positions where they can goof off on INGO at work.

Oh, I have taken to carrying a revolver most of the time. It is small, light and goes bang even after I sweat all over it. I own my share of pistols both plastic and metal.

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention that I am 36 and really like my S&W 642 for carry.

Last edited:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Under 30, and I'm a combat tupperware kind of guy. No rust, light weight, reliable; whats not to like?

Although I do enjoy shooting large steel frame hammer-fired pistols at the range, I just don't enjoy carrying them.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    ...(Yes, I know I could have done the age ranges a hundred different ways. I settled on sorting by young pups, oldtimers and the rest of us... :D FWIW, I'm almost in the oldtimer category myself.)
    I'm well past your threshold for oldtimers. I have been carrying for several years. I voted pistol, since revolvers never felt very good in my hand. But that is just an "oldtimers" observation. :):

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    23 and I chose pistol. I do have a revolver, but since the width of the cylender is a little bigger than the width of both my glock and P11, and the magazine capacity on both is greater than 5 (the capacity of the revolver). I usually chose to go with more rounds.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Don't know that age has anything to do with it. In my 20's I carried a revolver, 'cause it's what I had. Nowadays I carry both, depending on the time of year and what I'm wearing.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I'm 22 and carry a 1911 because it's my only gun. I do like revolvers though, and would gladly carry one if I found one I was comfortable with.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Don't know that age has anything to do with it. In my 20's I carried a revolver, 'cause it's what I had. Nowadays I carry both, depending on the time of year and what I'm wearing.
    Sign of the times I think, my grandpa was more comfortable with revolvers, but I am more comfortable with autoloaders. I think its a valid question.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I voted pistol. I do carry a revolver at times but if I could only have one it would be a auto. I started on autos and it's more natural for me. When it comes to ammo, more is better imo.

I'd feel comfortable with a revolver if it's all I had though.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Most efficient tool for the job at hand.

62, and G27 with 11 rounds 24/7 for carry. "Bullets and bubble gum,must have enough for everybody". :)

PS: If it were legal and I could figure out how to conceal the ammo my preference would be a belt fed G18. :ar15: :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom