• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I talked to the owner of Lost River and he was a super nice guy. He said his farm is as close to hunting birds in their natural environment as I will find around anywhere. Did anyone experience this who went to Lost River?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yes. Ask for purgatory. A lot of "survivors" end up there. So while they are not wild birds, they have some savy and decent cover in that parcel. Makes for some extra fun.

It's diverse enough that it's also fun to hunt. Rolling terrain, mix of cover crops, brush and woods. I can tell you from memory how my dog and I would work that land.

Took lots of friends and family from Virginia hunting on Purgatory. Everyone loved it. Hunted it warm, cold, rain, snow, muddy, dry. If you fart around, you wont get a date reserved on holidays or weekends. They book up.

If you want easy, they have that too.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't know of any good places to hunt them, but as far as put and takes go the place KJ mentioned "Royal Flush" isn't too bad of a place to go, especially for a beginner.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I had an opportunity to visit the Cane Creek last weekend. Located in Otwell, IN. I saw the hatchery for quail and the various processes for raising the birds. I wasn't hunting but stayed overnight in their cabin. Our church group held a men's outing there. Fishing , skeet shooting and cap popping fun. (I have no affiliation to them)

Top Bottom