Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Thank you.

The amoeba or protozoa are simple organisms, yes. Not only that, they do live on their own, so yes, they are alive and can be killed. This is not a discussion of the complexity of the organism being discussed. I raised the point of viability. A human cannot live as a zygote, which would be the single-celled parallel to your examples.

Again, my objection to abortion law is simply that government has yet again overstepped its bounds. We don't want them telling us how much water our toilets can flush or what kind of light bulbs we can purchase or what kind of guns we're *cough* allowed *cough* to own, but we're perfectly OK with them telling us something they have even less of a clue about. They don't know what the shoulder thing is that goes up, but they speak on guns. Most of them do not have uteruses, and many of the few who do no longer function as an effect of time, yet we allow them to tell us what we can or must have in our bodies. Oh wait, that's not true. We allow them to tell women what they may or may not and must or must not do with THEIR bodies.

I don't see any laws that tell a male that he MUST wear a condom.
    I don't see any laws that require him to abstain from sex.
    I don't see any laws requiring "chemical castration", other than for convicted rapists.
    I don't see any laws requiring him to step up, rather than force the woman with whom he had sex to take him to court to obligate him to paying support for his progeny.
    Leaving money out of it, I don't see any laws that force him to spend something far more valuable...TIME... with his children.
    Of course, given some of the examples of sperm donors out there, I think that latter may be for the better.

Blessings,
    Bill

My point was that it is alive, and being a human life, to end it is homicide. We do have laws against murder. (Most Liberty minded individuals will acknowledge the role of government in punishing murder, though I don't speak for all.) Those are typically state, not federal, laws. So if you want think of it in these terms, let's overturn Roe v. Wade with a decision that says this is a state issue, thus nullifying all federal abortion laws. Then we can decide as individual states whether this is murder or choice, trafficking in fetal tissue or research. The more local the decision, the more representative it is, anyway. I don't want any abortion, but I'll take less abortion if I can get it, and we can both get smaller government.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My point was that it is alive, and being a human life, to end it is homicide. We do have laws against murder. (Most Liberty minded individuals will acknowledge the role of government in punishing murder, though I don't speak for all.) Those are typically state, not federal, laws. So if you want think of it in these terms, let's overturn Roe v. Wade with a decision that says this is a state issue, thus nullifying all federal abortion laws. Then we can decide as individual states whether this is murder or choice, trafficking in fetal tissue or research. The more local the decision, the more representative it is, anyway. I don't want any abortion, but I'll take less abortion if I can get it, and we can both get smaller government.

Whether a person supports abortion or not, if he loves and supports the Constitution, he should support this. I deplore abortion and firmly believe life begins at conception and I would support this. I would then support a campaign in Indiana to outlaw as many forms of and procedures to do abortions as possible.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    What's particularly funny (were it not so craven and disgusting) is seeing all the PP allies excuse this and the earlier video.
    One clod on IndyStar even says the comment about the Lamborghini was made sarcastically.
    Yeah, as if making light and being ironic about selling baby body parts somehow makes it any less ghastly.

I'm not excusing their behavior, they should be punished, but this is not a reason to shut down PP or anything. I'm not going to let a a bad apple spoil the whole bunch. We, the pro-gun advocates, know this all too well.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    I'm not excusing their behavior, they should be punished, but this is not a reason to shut down PP or anything. I'm not going to let a a bad apple spoil the whole bunch. We, the pro-gun advocates, know this all too well.

Are you teling me there is only one bad apple there? Would you take a position at PP? You have to have some sort of evil in you to do the work that PP does.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Thank you.

[...]they have even less of a clue about. They don't know what the shoulder thing is that goes up, but they speak on guns. Most of them do not have uteruses, and many of the few who do no longer function as an effect of time, yet we allow them to tell us what we can or must have in our bodies. Oh wait, that's not true. We allow them to tell women what they may or may not and must or must not do with THEIR bodies.

I don't see any laws that tell a male that he MUST wear a condom.
    I don't see any laws that require him to abstain from sex.
    I don't see any laws requiring "chemical castration", other than for convicted rapists.
    I don't see any laws requiring him to step up, rather than force the woman with whom he had sex to take him to court to obligate him to paying support for his progeny.
    Leaving money out of it, I don't see any laws that force him to spend something far more valuable...TIME... with his children.
    Of course, given some of the examples of sperm donors out there, I think that latter may be for the better.

Blessings,
    Bill

I was unaware that the sex of the person in a debate dictated his standing for engaging in said debate.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

A bad apple?
    Actually, there are at least two bad apples...that we know of right now.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that said bad apples are not rank-and-file flunkies, but very senior executives.
    What would they say if the CFO and Director of Engineering at GM were caught on camera making jokes and flippantly talking about people getting killed in their cars?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Are you teling me there is only one bad apple there? Would you take a position at PP? You have to have some sort of evil in you to do the work that PP does.

Certainly would if they wanted to offer me a job that pays well and I'm qualified for. Why not? Think what you want, but I don't see the organization as evil. Don't see anything evil with a person making decisions of their body, which is their property.

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    A bad apple?
    Actually, there are at least two bad apples...that we know of right now.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that said bad apples are not rank-and-file flunkies, but very senior executives.
    What would they say if the CFO and Director of Engineering at GM were caught on camera making jokes and flippantly talking about people getting killed in their cars?

They can say what they want, let the board of directors kick them out.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Absolutely its absurd, , , , Abortion is a Legal Medical Procedure. Genocide is the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
    Really, that seems pretty simple. So then 54 million people deliberately killed since 1973, many of them ethnic minorities, all of one nation, would count as genocide I guess?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Well lets see what PP offers as services,

Planned Parenthood has 59 independent local affiliates that operate approximately 700 health centers throughout the United States, providing high-quality services to women, men, and teens.
    Planned Parenthood often is the only source of family planning for a large proportion of the women we serve.
    Our Clients
    Planned Parenthood provides sexual and reproductive health care, education, information, and outreach to more than five million women, men, and adolescents worldwide each year.
    2.7 million women and men in the United States annually visit Planned Parenthood affiliate health centers for trusted health care services and information.
    Eighty-four percent of Planned Parenthood health care clients in the U.S. are age 20 and older.
    One in five women in the U.S. has visited a Planned Parenthood health center at least once in her life.
    Our Work
    Planned Parenthood health centers focus on prevention: 80 percent of our clients receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy.
    Planned Parenthood services help prevent approximately 516,000 unintended pregnancies each year.
    Planned Parenthood provides nearly 400,000 Pap tests and nearly 500,000 breast exams each year, critical services in detecting cancer.
    Planned Parenthood provides nearly 4.5 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, including 700,00 HIV tests.
    Three percent of all Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services.
    Planned Parenthood affiliates provide educational programs and outreach to 1.5 million young people and adults each year.
    Planned Parenthood has eight million activists, supporters, and donors working for women's health and safety and our fundamental reproductive rights.

If I qualified for a job with them and I was in the market for a job, I most certainly would go to work for them.

Tell me, on the scale of services that PP offers couples and women, does the right to lifers have anything to compare it too ? :dunno:
    For the life of me I can't think of any large nationwide services that the right to lifers have.. Some small church groups...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Regarding pulling the funding for planned parenthood, public money is not allowed to be used to fund abortions. The federal funds that go to PP are supposed to fund other services.

I don't support public funding of PP in the first place. It's a misuse of the public's money. Also, a .org that has a PAC should not receive public funding. If you're taking public money, you just shouldn't get to have a PAC too. Make up your mind. Are you a reproductive service provider or are you a political action committee.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Well lets see what PP offers as services,

Planned Parenthood has 59 independent local affiliates that operate approximately 700 health centers throughout the United States, providing high-quality services to women, men, and teens.
    Planned Parenthood often is the only source of family planning for a large proportion of the women we serve.
    Our Clients
    Planned Parenthood provides sexual and reproductive health care, education, information, and outreach to more than five million women, men, and adolescents worldwide each year.
    2.7 million women and men in the United States annually visit Planned Parenthood affiliate health centers for trusted health care services and information.
    Eighty-four percent of Planned Parenthood health care clients in the U.S. are age 20 and older.
    One in five women in the U.S. has visited a Planned Parenthood health center at least once in her life.
    Our Work
    Planned Parenthood health centers focus on prevention: 80 percent of our clients receive services to prevent unintended pregnancy.
    Planned Parenthood services help prevent approximately 516,000 unintended pregnancies each year.
    Planned Parenthood provides nearly 400,000 Pap tests and nearly 500,000 breast exams each year, critical services in detecting cancer.
    Planned Parenthood provides nearly 4.5 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, including 700,00 HIV tests.
    Three percent of all Planned Parenthood health services are abortion services.
    Planned Parenthood affiliates provide educational programs and outreach to 1.5 million young people and adults each year.
    Planned Parenthood has eight million activists, supporters, and donors working for women's health and safety and our fundamental reproductive rights.

If I qualified for a job with them and I was in the market for a job, I most certainly would go to work for them.

Tell me, on the scale of services that PP offers couples and women, does the right to lifers have anything to compare it too ? :dunno:
    For the life of me I can't think of any large nationwide services that the right to lifers have.. Some small church groups...
    All righty than. It does look like they do a fine job .When I used to have to deliver to the one in Benton Harbor Mi, all I saw was 13 year old girls coming in by the droves with big bellies.They had no adoption program,and their education program had the gals thinking condoms were just big balloons. I had to pick up med.samples,and I GOT TO GO IN THE BACK OF THE CLINIC,and it was something that I would hope to forget,but can't.Maybe this was a isolated case like the two which started this thread.I would guess that from here on out,we won't hear anymore twisted stories. Thanks for setting me straight .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom