• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I can't believe how fortunate, and lucky, I am.
    I went digging and came up with a broken wooden stock for a J.C.Higgins shotgun.
    This was a bolt action shotgun that a friend had. It had a broken stock at the wrist.
    Broken clean through. Someone had glued it back together and did a horrible job. I found a used replacement stock for it and replaced the stock for the friend.
    When I took it back repaired he said " you fixed it so it's yours"!
    Well, I never threw away the bad stock and guess what.
    Yep, it had a metal trigger guard screwed into the stock.
    I removed it from the broken stock and held it in position on the broken Remington stock and it's more or less a perfect fit. The rear action screw will hold the rear of the trigger guard and I can use a wood screw in the front hole.
    I painted the guard to prevent rust and I need to get a screw that is 1/4" longer than what I have, but I have this problem figured out and all I'll need to buy is one screw!
    Awesome. Well, give it a try

Post some pics, I'd help to understand better your situation and others could advise You better !

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not perfect, but completely serviceable.
    Really doesn't look that bad.
    Used an oscillating saw with a thin flat blade to remove the stubs of the original trigger guard.
    Used a Dremel tool to inlet (a little too deep) the replacement trigger guard into the plastic stock.
    I needed a slightly longer action screw so I picked that up at Menards for around $.85
    Overall, I m satisfied. IMG_20230309_185153334.jpg

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Used an oscillating saw with a thin flat blade to remove the stubs of the original trigger guard.
    Used a Dremel tool to inlet (a little too deep) the replacement trigger guard into the plastic stock.
    I needed a slightly longer action screw so I picked that up at Menards for around $.85
    Overall, I m satisfied. View attachment 261296
    Looks great! Nice job.

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Overall, I m satisfied. View attachment 261296
    Good job !!

Top Bottom