• ...and so much more!
  • ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    Do tell! I'd also like to know!

Not allowed to discuss per rules. but will tell you...and you can take it for what it's worth. if you believe in a higher power,whatever that may be. make sure your faith will get you through. we as Americans are getting ready to get a smack down from not doing what we should have been doing. everything is almost in place for a true "global meltdown" just waiting for everything to fall apart over here..which they are working hard to make it happen, and it is going at a rapid rate. we are already on that "bullet train" that you know who, has been rambling on about, everytime there is something brought up about the financial state of this country. it's just too bad that we are going so fast that we will not get stopped in time before we hit the proverbial brick wall. get ready folks,for a rough time ahead.:twocents:

Gunruner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NW Indiana
    In the previous posts, no one mentions that if there is a breakdown within China, what happens to the flow of "cheap" goods coming across the ocean?

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    The "Jasmine Revolution" looks to be a non-starter. Beijing doesn't tolerate dissent, as we have seen in the past.
    China tries to stamp out 'Jasmine Revolution' - The Mainichi Daily News

As one of the only INGO'ers (INGOans, INGOnians, what is the proper term?) living here in Beijing. I have to agree with mrjarrell here. There is very little on the news here about Africa. CCTV9 the English news channel covers it a bit. The Chinese language channels have scant little coverage. Most of my news comes from online. It will say it is bigger in Taiwan, maybe HK too, but here in Mainland, nil.

But I'm guess the Great Firewall is working overtime these days. "Egypt" was blocked for a while. "Jasmine" is now on the list of blocked terms. LinkedIn.com was blocked briefly.

The issue here is that there is exactly one thing that is the most important to "the people" and that is economic progress and stability. As long as there is that, the average person just doesn't worry about such things. That includes the "revolutionary college students". As a University teacher here in Beijing. Most of them are pretty lazy or playing "World of Warcraft" or trying to find a lady friend.

One concern that is growing is environment issues. Sometimes the air here really sucks and there is often droughts. So the gov't is paying attention to that particular issue.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    My wife has been talking to family and friends in the Shanghai area and they haven't mentioned anything bad going on. I can't see the average Chinese person protesting too much.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    If I recall, the customer is dealing with companies in the less industrialized areas of the country. He says people are growing angry at the restrictions on moving to higher paying jobs in the more industrial areas of the country.

I meet with him in the next month and will get more information on where he was last time.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    In the previous posts, no one mentions that if there is a breakdown within China, what happens to the flow of "cheap" goods coming across the ocean?
    I hope it stops completely. In fact I'm all for legislation closing our borders to all foreign trade thus allowing/forcing us to become self reliant once again. Look what happened to China after a prolonged period of having a closed border policy.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    China's problems are the same as the rest of the worlds. Now that the money is drying up across the globe people are getting testy and looking for freedom. When the economies are good fat paychecks will smooth over a lot of disgruntled people, these days we're all going to have to deal with each other.

My only regret is that I won't be able to have bought land and moved into the country before all this goes down. That's a mistake I've made in life that may family may pay for with our lives.

Top Bottom