"Pocket" 9mm Sig 938, Beretta Nano, Kahr CM9 ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stratum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Noble County
    I've carried my Kahr CM9 for almost a year IWB at 1 or 4 o'clock. Fit & finish is superb for a great price. With the Pearce grip extension on the factory mag, I can easily get a full-fingered grip on it. Out of the box, the slide hesitated some when manually cycling it with a full mag, but no more. I have no direct experience with the Beretta nor the Sig.

Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    I've been pocket carrying my Sig p938 since Feb. when it replaced my p238 as EDC. I love the accuracy and it's so easy to carry that I almost forget it's in my pocket sometimes. Ambidextrous safety would be great for a lefty too.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't consider any of the guns mentioned by the OP to be true "pocket guns," but maybe he's got bigger pockets than I do. :dunno:

Of the ones listed, I'd go with the CM9 in a heartbeat, especially since he already has a K9 (i.e. manual of arms is the same, K9 mags can be used in the CM9, and some other small parts are common).

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I have owned and shot the Kahr PM9, the Sig P238 and P938. All three guns have been reliable. The 2 Sigs seem to pocket carry very easily for me with a decent holster. The Kahr never felt comfortable. I owned the Kahr for over 5 years. At the time of purchase it was clearly the best small carry gun available. However, I am not a fan of DAO and I prefer an eternal safety. The Sigs ergonomics, to me, are much better than the Kahr. The Kahr seems to me to be like a brick compared to the Sigs. I own a Beretta 92FS house gun and highly respect the quality of Beretta guns but am not familiar with the Nano but it is a DAO without an external safety that looks like a brick thus I have not bothered to try it out. The Sigs have the three dot night sights that I prefer over the Kahr sighting system. And I like the Single Action Sig trigger over the DAO longer trigger pull of the Kahr. Also, to me, the Sig P938 has less felt recoil than the Kahr PM9. Thus after five years of ownership, I sold the Kahr. It was an easy decision for me.

Last edited:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    :laugh:

My Nano has been (almost) perfect. A couple of WWB FTE (go figure!) early on, flawless since.

I will just echo that comment. I've had my Nano since January and other than a couple of FTE on the first magazine fired through it, it's been flawless. I attribute that issue to my slack wrist and therefore poor form. A bit of practice and attention to doing it right resolved that issue.

I have probably fired 500 rounds through mine and it's a very comfortable gun to handle and fire.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have two Nano's. My wife took the first one because she liked the way it shot. You can buy 8 rd. mags now, so I bought a few for each gun. Never experienced any problems with either of them, so I guess I never heard the story about them having problems either. Great little DAO pistols.

Just wanted to update. I couldn't decide so I got both ! I got the Sig 938 extreme & the Kahr K9 elite. Both great so far with about 500 rounds in each.

I'll update mine as well...my oldest daughter just got her LTCH and wanted a Beretta Nano. After having practiced with my wife's, she likes the way it handles and the simplicity of its operation. She bought one with the 8 rd. mags

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i never liked the feel of the nano, and i just didnt like the idea of pocket carrying the sig...so i went with the pm9, i like it so far.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Sig 938 owner here and I think it's ok for pocket carry, just make sure you clean the lint off of it everyday! 500 flawless rounds through it. I do carry mine in a IWB Kydex holster and love that it doesn't get in the way of my job as a towing operator during the day.

I do recommend buying a 7 round mag, the extension offers great support during shooting.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just wanted to update. I couldn't decide so I got both ! I got the Sig 938 extreme & the Kahr K9 elite. Both great so far with about 500 rounds in each.
    Wow! Congrats on both! Since my last post I put Talon grips on my CM9 and ordered another CM9. I could not pass it up for the price. Still Jonesing for a P938, but it will have wait for some funds. Just spent about $3500 on 560 sqare feet of hardwood floor.

0620131046b_zpsb7379536.jpg

Love my grips!:D

dilligaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Just south of Heaven
    Wow! Congrats on both! Since my last post I put Talon grips on my CM9 and ordered another CM9. I could not pass it up for the price. Still Jonesing for a P938, but it will have wait for some funds. Just spent about $3500 on 560 sqare feet of hardwood floor.

0620131046b_zpsb7379536.jpg

Love my grips!:D
    I'm thinking of all the firearms $3500 would buy. :ar15:

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    Make mine a Keltec p-11, 11 shot.. nice and compact and has been so faith full with over 450 rounds and "NO" problems of any kind!! I have changed over to the steel guide rod and a wider trigger, With only one complaint.. Trigger pull is terrible with the cost of $240.

scattergunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just bought a CM9. I am only 1 box into the 200 rnd. break in period, with not a glitch. It handles and groups very well. I am very happy with it, but will need to get a bit more range time in to be sure.

dilligaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Just south of Heaven
    My collection is not too bad. But you know what they say, "Happy wife, happy life." Had to do the floor.;) Looks pretty good though. I posted pictures a few days ago.:D
    Hardwood floors $3500. Happy wife priceless !! There are some things money can't buy..... blah blah Visa
    Gotta give props for keeping the Mrs. happy !!!

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The wife has the Nano and loves it. She handles it well and is quite accurate with it. Just got her LTCH about 3 weeks ago. She is comfortable carrying and has become more aware of her surroundings.

vstrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Elkhart
    A co-worker came in today and offered up his P938 at a pretty decent price. I'm so tempted to put my M&P 9c up for sale!

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I own and have shot both the Kahr PM9 and the Sig P938 extensively. Both guns have been completely reliable. The Sig pocket carries very easily for me with a decent holster. I have owned the Kahr for over 5 years.The Kahr has never quite felt comfortable to me. The Kahr seems to be like a brick compared to the Sigs. At the time of purchase the Kahr was clearly the best small carry gun available. However, since then several sub-compact guns have become available. Further I am not a fan of DAO and I also prefer an eternal safety. Also, the Sigs ergonomics, to me, are much better than the Kahr. The Sigs have the three dot night sights that I prefer over the Kahr sighting system. And I also like the Single Action Sig trigger over the DAO much longer trigger pull of the Kahr. Finally, to me, the Sig P938 has less felt recoil than the Kahr PM9.

Top Bottom