• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Glad to hear that. I had thought about getting one but didn't know if the new ones were any good.

Glad to help. I really like the TCP for its size and conceivability, but I just could not get it to run reliably. Some of the later ones ran well, but it remains a crap shoot based on user feedback at Taurusarmed.net.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Glad to help. I really like the TCP for its size and conceivability, but I just could not get it to run reliably. Some of the later ones ran well, but it remains a crap shoot based on user feedback at Taurusarmed.net.
    I was referring to the Colt Mustang. Glad to hear it had been 100%

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I had one of the early TCP 738s. I sent it back for service and it came back with the same problem. Had a local guy work on it, and it it was serviceable for a time. Finally had to send it back again. Taurus sent me a brand new one, which I immediately sold and used the money toward a Colt Mustang Pocketlite (the all metal version). The Colt is a bit larger, but it is 100% reliable and very easy to handle. Even though the Colt costs twice as much, I would still take the Colt over the Taurus.

1. I have had the Colt Mustang 380 in the box w/3 mags since the late 80s/early 90s and when I sold all my 22s and 38 handguns and rifles, I kept it b/c I loved it so!

The Mustang is a keeper, and a joy to shoot.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I had one of the early TCP 738s. I sent it back for service and it came back with the same problem. Had a local guy work on it, and it it was serviceable for a time. Finally had to send it back again. Taurus sent me a brand new one, which I immediately sold and used the money toward a Colt Mustang Pocketlite (the all metal version). The Colt is a bit larger, but it is 100% reliable and very easy to handle. Even though the Colt costs twice as much, I would still take the Colt over the Taurus.

I was referring to the Colt Mustang. Glad to hear it had been 100%

So was I.

Top Bottom