• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    LW J frame with +P's and 2 speedloaders. Definition of an optimist: A guy that carrys a J frame and 2 speedloaders.:laugh:

Yes, I know in a gunfight with 3 guys I probably don't have enough gun or ammo. However, anyone here think they are good enough to get 3 guys before one of them gets you?
    I've been carrying a gun religiously for 30 years. Never been close to a gunfight. Hell, I used to carry a GM 1911 with 2 extra mags and had my strong hand hovering over the grip ready to draw at a moments notice.
    I never needed it. I never even came close to needing it. After a couple decades, I decided my life style (no rough bars, no drug dealing, in bed every night by 10) didn't warrant being ready to have a 10 minute running gun battle.
    If one studies thug vs citizen gunfights, one will find one is going to run out of TIME before one runs out of ammo.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Less than a year ago I switched from a Glock 22 to a Kahr PM45. I carry what I shoot the best and prefer a larger caliber vice a smaller one. I do however stick a PM9 in my pocket sometimes if Im just stepping out for a minute.

The only problem I see with a smaller sized weapon is the smaller magazine capacity. If your not comfortable with fewer rounds in the mag you have to carry a spare mag.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    P3AT in Uncle Mike's in front pocket since it warmed up.
    Always unless disallowed. More adequate than the pocket
    knives I carried for the previous 50 years.

Mark

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I carry a PT-745 in a pocket holster every day, all day. I'm very confident in the weapon itself, and my own abilities. I wear loose fitting/baggy shorts in the summer, and baggy camo/khaki pants in winter. I've had guys that know I carry ask me why I wasn't carrying, because they couldn't see the print of the gun in my pocket. It does take a little more practice when it comes to drawing and getting on target, but it's just that, a matter of practice. I may give up a little magazine capacity to some of the smaller caliber weapons, but not much.

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    First rule of a gunfight......have one. My P32 is a constant companion. 9 rounds of 60g Corbon, easily concealed, beats the heck out of the full sized (insert large framed handgun here) left at home in the safe.

crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    I agree that having a firearm is better than not. However, I think that, even with practice, pulling a firearm out of your pocket will never be as fast as pulling a holstered weapon when the SHTF and time is of the essence.
    This, of course, may be situation dictated as when I worked as a security guard a few years ago and "wasn't allowed" to carry a handgun. I did carry a small .380 in my pocket at that time. Sometime it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask permission.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I agree that having a firearm is better than not. However, I think that, even with practice, pulling a firearm out of your pocket will never be as fast as pulling a holstered weapon when the SHTF and time is of the essence.

Maybe it's slower coming out of your pocket. Mine comes out just as fast as I see most folks draw at IDPA matches.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I have thousands of dollars worth of handguns that I bought as carry weapons that remain in my gun safe`when I leave the house with my trusty little LCP in my back pocket. Hard to break a habit that is so invisible, comfortable and just so easy to take with you. :)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    LW J frame with +P's and 2 speedloaders. Definition of an optimist: A guy that carrys a J frame and 2 speedloaders.:laugh:

Yes, I know in a gunfight with 3 guys I probably don't have enough gun or ammo. However, anyone here think they are good enough to get 3 guys before one of them gets you?
    I've been carrying a gun religiously for 30 years. Never been close to a gunfight. Hell, I used to carry a GM 1911 with 2 extra mags and had my strong hand hovering over the grip ready to draw at a moments notice.
    I never needed it. I never even came close to needing it. After a couple decades, I decided my life style (no rough bars, no drug dealing, in bed every night by 10) didn't warrant being ready to have a 10 minute running gun battle.
    If one studies thug vs citizen gunfights, one will find one is going to run out of TIME before one runs out of ammo.

:+1: There is a lot of wisdom in what BillD has written. I generally stay in "safe" places. I do not use alcohol, let alone any drugs. I do not do the bars, or drive through the rough parts of town. So, I do not expect to be in the middle of major gunfights. I expect my need for self defense will be if/when I am in a situation by chance—a gas station robbery, or a bank, etc. At those points, I am prepared with a G26 or a Taurus 709 Slim.

I could carry my 12ga. or buy an SKS and carry that. :ar15: Might raise a few eyebrows, though. :scratch: I could hide grenades in my coat pocket, but that might create other problems. :biggun: I do not need a lot of :drama: I like to keep things cool, peaceful, and friendly. For those in LE, or those who play the drinking or cruising game, load up. But us :oldwise: boys just want to discourage the bad guy who happens to mess up our peaceful contemplation while sitting on the porch looking out on our back yard. I don't care if it is only 9mm. If I can put two on COM, and a couple more on the body for good measure, I think I will walk away and live to fight with the DA over a justifiable shooting.:twocents:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have 3 guns, that I normally carry, 2 are full-sized, 1 a 4" 9mm, 1 a 5"
    .45, the other is a 3" Taurus .38 spl, with +p's, I feel safe with any...
    I would rather have one, and not need it, than need one and NOT have IT !!!!!

Top Bottom