• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Fixed. Since I already covered not being able to carry larger due to non permissive enviroments. Your next post reenforces the choice you make and improper use of the word cannot.

t-shirt and shorts do not alter my carry weapon. I still carry a fullsize 4" XD, be it concealed or occasionally openly, generally shorts means sandals and it looks absurd (IMO) to open carry in sandals ;). Buy a good belt and holster and you can easy CC a 4" handgun in shorts and tshirt.

Not possible because you work or are traveling in a NPE where discovery means termination/jail time or because you don't want it to be possible?

I agree, in general, but I tend to stay away from traditional one liners ;)

Why the need for a cover garment? OC is legal in Indiana :rolleyes:

In the end it comes down to doing what makes you FEEL good, because logic has no place in the discussion of what may save your life and is realistic to acheive and follow thru with.

I carried a full size 1911 and two magazines for years. Attended Thunder Ranch, 4 Lou Awerbuck and 2 Pat Rogers training courses. I was loaded for bear for decades.
    Guess what? That gunfight in the sky never happened. I don't go to bars, don't do drug deals and I'm pretty much in bed by 10pm every night. Pretty low risk so I adjust my carry for my risk. I understand I could stop at Speedway for a pack of smokes and get attacked by 4 thugs and my little 5 shot J frame ain't gonna cut it.

Just because you believe you have the ONE TRUE WAY, it ain't necessarily so for everyone else.:rolleyes:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I carried a full size 1911 and two magazines for years. Attended Thunder Ranch, 4 Lou Awerbuck and 2 Pat Rogers training courses. I was loaded for bear for decades.
    Guess what? That gunfight in the sky never happened. I don't go to bars, don't do drug deals and I'm pretty much in bed by 10pm every night. Pretty low risk so I adjust my carry for my risk. I understand I could stop at Speedway for a pack of smokes and get attacked by 4 thugs and my little 5 shot J frame ain't gonna cut it.

Just because you believe you have the ONE TRUE WAY, it ain't necessarily so for everyone else.

You've obviously missed the main point. LOGIC, or the lack thereof used to justify a persons FEELINGS about what they carry and the insane "can't"s used in place of "won't"s.

I go into more in the other thread I referenced. I'm not rehashing here.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i can outdraw a a pointed gun. i have the steel plates to prove it.

i also carry at least 10 mags for my primary, a BUG with 2 mags, 17 knives, 3 flashlights, a ham radio, an MRE, 2 gallons of water, a portable combat med kit, 2 cellphones, and an IPOD.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    You've obviously missed the main point. LOGIC, or the lack thereof used to justify a persons FEELINGS about what they carry and the insane "can't"s used in place of "won't"s.

I go into more in the other thread I referenced. I'm not rehashing here.

I got it. Logic, the fact that I carried a big service pistol and two reloads for two decades and never got in a gunfight.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I got it. Logic, the fact that I carried a big service pistol and two reloads for two decades and never got in a gunfight.

Same conclusion that I came to as well.

After 20+ years of lugging full sized duty pistols everywhere I figure I can manage to survive an afternoon or two of fishing or some other summer activity with only a little snubby in my shorts pocket.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Who can tell me, statistically, how many rounds are likely to be fired during an encounter with a single assailant?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

I don't understand how this is a valid argument. You can drive for 20 years, and not get into an accident. If that were the case, would you still wear a seatbelt? Why? Because you could still get into an accident? :n00b:

Some people choose to be as well-prepared as they can be. Others settle for less in the name of "comfort", among others. For the record, I don't care how YOU all carry...I'm only concerned with how I choose to carry. But please, let's be honest and call a spade a spade. If you're feeling complacent because nothing has happened to you, fine. If it's more comfortable to carry an LCP as opposed to a Glock, fine. Just call it what it is. :twocents:

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Holy cow, we are all of age here, as long as we are comfortable with the situation we create for ourselves, why the arguing? I am arming myself for defense of me and mine, so I am not wearing a gunbelt with speed loaders, flashlight, cuffs, radio and belt keepers to keep it in place. Ya'll probably have seen some nails not pounded in flush, but you don't carry a hammer all day either!

Top Bottom