• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've listened to some History on Fire this week. If you can get over his heavy Italian accent, it's a good listen. It ain't Dan Carlin, but not bad. He actually does an interview with Dan Carlin. Good listen also.

I finished the "Accused" series this week too. It's a cold case from 1978. Not too bad.

I'll be starting Crimetown today. Organized crime in Rhode Island. It's done by the people who did HBO's The Jinx.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Revolutions is Mike Duncan's current project. His first one, the History of Rome, set the bar for history podcasts.

Tanis is some of the best storytelling I've ever heard.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I love podcasts. If you have listened to Bob and Tom on Q95 for any amount of time you may find "The Chick McGee show" very interesting. Chick started his own podcast back in like 2014 or so. I would listen from the beginning, it's incredible and you learn that Chick is more than just a funny guy on a radio show, he a really cool guy who has had to work through some tough times. They like to discuss some deep topics, but of course he is hilarious also. He's now my favorite person on Bob & Tom in the morning. Also related to Bob and Tom is another podcast, "The Jeff Vibbert Podcast" Jeff is a former B&T staff member and when he worked for the show he was really breathing new life into it. However he saw a more prosperous opportunity with another media outlet, Barstool Sports. He is also extremely funny, and underrated.

Then Lance Armstrong has 2 podcasts, "The Forward" and "Stages". The forward is Lnce talking to people he admires and typically from Austin Texas. Stages is a cycling podcast that covers some various cycling events.

jeffvibbert.com

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'll have to look into him. How does he compare to Dan Carlin?

More straightforward history/story with less commentary than what Carlin does. Very dry humor. Also, each episode is 30 - 45 minutes instead of Carlin's multi-hour epics.

I like them both, but I'll admit it took me a couple tries to really like Carlin.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just finished a 7 part one called S-Town. I really enjoyed it. True story that made me laugh yet sad also.

I've also been listening to True Crime Garage. Not bad at all.

Crimetown was pretty dang good also. It's about the mob in Providence Rhode Island in the 70's and 80's.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That was a good one.

Serial was also good. It was about Bowe Bergdahl.

That was season 2. Season 1 was about the Adnan Syed. That was turned into the documentary "making a murder."

As to S-Town, John B reminded me of John Reep, the "Hey, has that thing got a Hemi?" guy. I would also laugh every time the uncle with the bullet in his brain would talk in the background. "GOLD DIGGERS!!! :rofl:

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Crimetown was pretty dang good also. It's about the mob in Providence Rhode Island in the 70's and 80's.

Crimetown was super good. Lots of interviews, audio clips, well edited and didn't meander... Who knew Providence was so corrupt?

I'm really looking forward to season two.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Crimetown was super good. Lots of interviews, audio clips, well edited and didn't meander... Who knew Providence was so corrupt?

I'm really looking forward to season two.

Mayor was elected twice in the early 80's. Had to leave office because he kicked the guys butt who was sleeping with his wife and picked up a Felony. Ran again in the 90's and won!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Gun Guy
    JRE
    Ben Shapiro (when his voice doesn't grate)
    Jordan Peterson
    Adam Corola (that dude is hilarious)

The Jordan Peterson podcast is a pretty deep listen. You really have to be doing something that doesn't take your attention away too much. I thought his Biblical series would be religious drivel, but actually there's a lot of practical wisdom in it. He mentioned in the JRE podcast with Bret Weinstein that some people started calling themselves Christian atheist after hearing it. Religious conservative Christians might like the wisdom he unpacks from the stories but probably might find the evolutionary basis a bit offensive.

Top Bottom