• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    My understanding of Rangemasters for a good source was the owner while driving drunk in FL got pulled over and pulled/showed a gun to the officer and lost his FFL. Cant say its 100% but....

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    OMG more guns into NWI......I have my tin-foil hat...now to go under the bed with milk and cookies....I'll be safe as a fetus in the womb

According to the MSM this means we're all infinitely more likely to die by a gun! /sarcasm

Did you know that the reason Chicago is the murder capital of the country is because of their close proximity to Indiana and our "lax" gun laws?

...when I think about this it makes my head hurt. Let's say 1% of the total guns sold in Indiana each year walk across the Illinois border and find their way into Chicago (and 1% is probably WAY high). I wonder why the other 99% of the guns that stay behind here in Indiana don't cause us to have a substantially higher murder rate than Chicago, if the guns are the culprit as the MSM would have us believe.

Eh, anyway... I don't know how I got off onto this tangent.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    According to the MSM this means we're all infinitely more likely to die by a gun! /sarcasm

Did you know that the reason Chicago is the murder capital of the country is because of their close proximity to Indiana and our "lax" gun laws?

...when I think about this it makes my head hurt. Let's say 1% of the total guns sold in Indiana each year walk across the Illinois border and find their way into Chicago (and 1% is probably WAY high). I wonder why the other 99% of the guns that stay behind here in Indiana don't cause us to have a substantially higher murder rate than Chicago, if the guns are the culprit as the MSM would have us believe.

Eh, anyway... I don't know how I got off onto this tangent.

Preachin to the choir, Mr.
    :)

I always bring up this point to people when they say Chicago gun laws don't work because of Indiana.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Chiraq gun laws don't work because of Chiraqi's. Chicagoans suffer for it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Get a clue Chicago politicos. It's not the guns stupid.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    Range Pricing

• Range Fees: $3 Point Blank Liability Waiver Card (good for 12 months)
    • Hand Gun Lanes: $12 per half hour $18 hourly
    • Rifle Lanes**: $15 per half hour $22 hourly
    • Second Shooters: $5 for second shooter in same lane. Children (14 or younger) with Legal Guardian shoot for free
    • Gun Rental: Handgun: $10 Long gun: $15

This is good, Blythes charges full price per head in the same lane, rip off city.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    The PB in Carmel is a mess. Customers and disgruntled employees getting shot, zero discounts for serious buyers, and on and on and on. To quote a former manager and respected firearm person, "I would take my business else where," among other things.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    The PB in Carmel is a mess. Customers and disgruntled employees getting shot, zero discounts for serious buyers, and on and on and on. To quote a former manager and respected firearm person, "I would take my business else where," among other things.

I can appreciate your opinion, I have made the 2 hour drive to Indy to visit family and go to a decent range on several occasions (During cold months). Up here in the NW corner we have one decent indoor range, I think some competition would be a very good thing and I for one will give them the opportunity to earn my business.

Pat

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, we don't have a lot of choices here. I don't need another place to buy guns, but I sure could use another range option.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    This is good, Blythes charges full price per head in the same lane, rip off city.

I don't know why anyone would want to share a lane unless they are teaching, not shooting. Particularly when you are paying by the hour anyway. The $3 Point Blank Liability Waiver Card (good for 12 months) is the thing that irks me. Like Snap said, we need more options in the area and this is a step in the right direction.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Hmmm, i would be interested in a little bit more detailed information about your discourse. I work at the Carmel location. I've been there since we opened the doors. The place is not a mess, actually it's rather tidy and well lit. We have had zero employees get shot. There was a customer in our first couple of months that managed to shoot himself in the hand while removing a .25 caliber pistol from his range bag that he KNEW was unloaded. As far as our pricing goes, that is set by corporate. And our former managers, well one is currently the manager of the Greenwood location and that was the original intent for him all along. Our second manager, I'm not sure what he is doing these days. And we our currently on our third manager. We did have an assistant manager who is no longer with us and I completely understand his reasons why. He is a member on here and is a stand up guy. Don't mistake me for some corporate talking head, I'm just a part time guy. It's my hobby job. Anyone can have a bad experience anywhere I guess.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Hmmm, i would be interested in a little bit more detailed information about your discourse. I work at the Carmel location. I've been there since we opened the doors. The place is not a mess, actually it's rather tidy and well lit. We have had zero employees get shot. There was a customer in our first couple of months that managed to shoot himself in the hand while removing a .25 caliber pistol from his range bag that he KNEW was unloaded. As far as our pricing goes, that is set by corporate. And our former managers, well one is currently the manager of the Greenwood location and that was the original intent for him all along. Our second manager, I'm not sure what he is doing these days. And we our currently on our third manager. We did have an assistant manager who is no longer with us and I completely understand his reasons why. He is a member on here and is a stand up guy. Don't mistake me for some corporate talking head, I'm just a part time guy. It's my hobby job. Anyone can have a bad experience anywhere I guess.
    Using my Google-Fu I couldn't find anything about shootings or disgruntled employees... and since you've been there from day one I suspect you would know.

The only thing I turned up that was negative were reviews like this:

[FONT=&amp]If you want mediocre service and high prices then this is the place for you. Your typical franchise establishment, workers that don't care and provide no service. I would only recommend this place if you know what you want, don't mind paying more, and just want to be in and out. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The best is when they have these Glock "events". They hype it up, and everything is "hush hush" with prices when you call to inquire. You get there and nobody knows what's going on, you ask for a price on a specific glock, and they go and look at this sheet ... And give you a price that is HIGHER then locally owned shop/range prices! LOL. For example, a glock 42 at this event was around 450, lolololol. I can get a brand new 42 for less than 400 local in town![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If you want friendly service that is also very knowledgeable and the best prices in town on firearms then go to Tims shooting academy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    This was the worst I could find. I did find plenty of comments about high prices, but that's what you get a big-box stores. If you want a more casual environment with lower prices, shop at smaller family owned businesses that are hungry. I love my local Gander Mountain for their selection, but good grief their prices are beyond bad to the point they're laughable. But when I need something on short notice, I swing in and grab it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have shot and purchased at "Blys"
    I have always experienced excellent service.
    The personal are always friendly and helpful.
    the range is top quality.
    I also shoot and "Kodiak" range is South Bend.
    The same quality service.
    if you think their fees are high.
    Then you have a great market to open.
    Then you can charge as little as everyone wants.
    OH let see how long you can afford to stay open.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have shot and purchased at "Blys"
    I have always experienced excellent service.
    The personal are always friendly and helpful.
    the range is top quality.
    I also shoot and "Kodiak" range is South Bend.
    The same quality service.
    if you think their fees are high.
    Then you have a great market to open.
    Then you can charge as little as everyone wants.
    OH let see how long you can afford to stay open.

:yesway:

Top Bottom