• ...and so much more!
  • PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    From their blog... Link at the bottom.

[FONT=&quot]CINCINNATI, OH • January 2017 – Point Blank Range & GunShop has started construction on another location in Merrillville, Indiana at 8600 Louisiana St. This will be the 3[/FONT][SUP]rd[/SUP][FONT=&quot] location for Point Blank in the Chicagoland area, after opening stores in Mokena, IL and Hodgkins, IL this past October and November respectively. The Merrillville store will be Point Blank’s 11[/FONT][SUP]th[/SUP][FONT=&quot] location overall and is slated to open in the Spring/Summer of 2017.

[/FONT]
    http://shootpointblank.com/point-blank-range-gunshop-opening-in-merrillville-in/

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    For anybody who lives in the area and is interested, they just sent out an email saying they're taking applications for the store. Good fringe benefits working in the company if nothing else.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    From their blog... Link at the bottom.

[FONT=&amp]CINCINNATI, OH • January 2017 – Point Blank Range & GunShop has started construction on another location in Merrillville, Indiana at 8600 Louisiana St. This will be the 3[/FONT][SUP]rd[/SUP][FONT=&amp] location for Point Blank in the Chicagoland area, after opening stores in Mokena, IL and Hodgkins, IL this past October and November respectively. The Merrillville store will be Point Blank’s 11[/FONT][SUP]th[/SUP][FONT=&amp] location overall and is slated to open in the Spring/Summer of 2017.

[/FONT]
    http://shootpointblank.com/point-blank-range-gunshop-opening-in-merrillville-in/
    Maybe late spring /early summer. :ar15:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So is this going to be a rifle range as well, because as fun as Jasper Pulaski is...I really don't want to drive that far just for practice anymore

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am pretty sure it will just be pistol and probably PC rifles. I drove by a while back and the entite building is only 250 -300 feet long.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I went by PB Merrillville today. There is very little progress. The curbs are in, the building looks just like the posted pictures.

They said Spring or Summer so that gives them 3 - 6 momths.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    So is this going to be a rifle range as well, because as fun as Jasper Pulaski is...I really don't want to drive that far just for practice anymore

If it's anything like the current ranges, it should be good for shotgun slugs and most rifle rounds, all lead core obviously. The only ones that I know of that aren't permitted are .300 Win, .338 LM, .50 BMG & Beowulf, and .458 Socom (lol if you're shooting any of these on a 25-yard range). There's also a hard rule of no 5.45x39 since apparently there have been issues with people using steel-core surplus in the past. I've seen people shooting Mosins in there before.

Top Bottom