• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It is turning out to be interesting, at least on an initial basis. My wife never plays video games, but seems interested in this game. She's on Level 12 in a week.

I've seen families out playing in the evening. Together. I've seen some pretty hefty characters who could model for couch potatoes out walking around in the park.

It seems to be beneficial to me.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I read elsewhere an idea someone had once this technology becomes more open and improves. They had the idea of a Walking Dead game like this. Instead of a world filled with Pokemon you are supposed to find, it's filled with zombies you need to defeat or stay away from. Throw in teams & partners that you have to find and the occasional horde. Weapon cashes and resupply points you need to get to. Etc.

I'm sure it would make traffic in towns a complete pooch screw, but the game would probably be fun. Darwinism would be in full force.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Anyone catch a pikachu yet? I've had it show up t wice on sightings but haven't gotten it yet.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone catch a pikachu yet? I've had it show up t wice on sightings but haven't gotten it yet.

If you skipped picking your starters three times, your fourth time would give you a Pikachu as an option (a la the anime).

I've seen silhouettes, but not caught one yet.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I got a pikachu in the parking lot of Sam's Club on East Washington. That was several weeks ago (sometime in July).

A friend of mine found two by wandering around after a thunderstorm. He claimed that the game tracks lightning and makes electric pokemon appear afterward. I have no idea if that's accurate or if he's just lucky.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I met with my friend last week to have a chat. I was a little surprised when he said he wanted to meet at Lakeside Park.

Turns out he and his wife have been going to all the parks and walking around multiple times to catch all the little critters and take over gyms.

He is down 40 pounds! His wife is down 50!!!

I am thinking of starting this thing if it is that motivational to exercise and lose weight.

Doug

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I tried to install it on a spare phone. Can't get it to go past the white screen. It falls back to the desktop right after. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it being an inactive phone or not. I've got the wi-fi and location on, it meets all the other requirements, android 4.4, etc.

I was really hoping to give it a quick try before I put it on my real phone. They demand an awful lot of permissions, stuff they have no business with.

If it won't work on the spare then it probably won't work on the real phone, both are the same thing. LG Fuels

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Maybe off topic and if so I apologize, but... I've got a few original Pokémon cards from the mid/late 90s. Most of these being rare cards or holographic cards. I saw somewhere that with Pokémon Go taking off like it did some of these ordinal game cards are selling for pretty good money. Anyone know local collectors or local places to have these appraised?

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Maybe off topic and if so I apologize, but... I've got a few original Pokémon cards from the mid/late 90s. Most of these being rare cards or holographic cards. I saw somewhere that with Pokémon Go taking off like it did some of these ordinal game cards are selling for pretty good money. Anyone know local collectors or local places to have these appraised?

Did you try ebay? Searching there might give you an idea of value.

ndredsox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Avon
    My son and I travelled to Windsor last weekend(Detroit/RedSox game was the real reason) and I was kind of excited that he said he wanted to go on a hike. We got out of the car and he immediately grabbed his phone and turned that damn game on. He tricked me for sure!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    e49.gif

Top Bottom