• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    might as well update the thread since its been brought back up. I ended up paying right at 9k all said and done for a 24x32. It has a 10ft high overhead 16 foot wide garage door. a 9 light walk in door, both on the front. a sliding glass door on the rear. I have a full 4 foot concrete approach on the front, and an 8 foot x 8 foot concrete patio on the back, concrete floors inside. it has 4 skylight roof panels. The building permit cost me 250 bucks and 10 dollars worth of IB profin.

We begin construction on the house this Friday, and once that's done I am going to build a detached (but eventually attach) 32x40 garage half of that will be for cars, the other half for my workshop. the existing barn will keep a lot of the stuff out of the garage that would otherwise clutter the workshop part

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A sliding glass door on outbuilding? How's come?

i spoke with graber and they want $34k for a 30x48 with two garage doors, metal covering insulation for interior, and a few rooms framed. Does not include plumbing or electrical.

was the $9k just parts or install/concrete too?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    the barn was 5600, the sliding glass door was free from my father as well as the 9 light door. the overhead was about 1200 installed by 1rst choice doors (our ingo member here). the concrete was 1800, and the gravel to put under it was around 400. I didn't lift a hammer during the installation. It was amish built and took about 5 weeks but would have been done in one week if the weather and my schedule had cooperated. the same guys built a 30x40 w/ two sliding doors (and no conctrete) for a friend nearby and I think he was charged around 9k for the shell of that one.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    the sliding glass door was because I need a door off the back of the barn because I didn't want to limit access to the barn, although I put it on the wrong side of the rear now that I think hard about it. and it was free and lets in lots of natural light and since I don't have power in that barn, nor do I know when I might run it, natural light is a good thing to have. It will be the only structure on the property with enough overhead clearance to fit the tractor.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Security? Anybody w/ a 1/4 inch socket and a wratchet can just remove a few of the exterior screws and walk in. isn't much REAL security for a metal pole barn.

Kemps construction
    out of Greensburg Indiana
    812-593-4365

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Well you just shattered my illusion of some security in it. Thanks for the needed dose of reality.

Spend a week with a fireman and you will have NO illusions of security. there isn't much we cant get into w/ basic hand tools increadibly fast and easy. REAL security costs more money than I will ever be able to afford for any sort of large structure. A vault "room" will be the closest I can get, but even then.....

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Security? Anybody w/ a 1/4 inch socket and a wratchet can just remove a few of the exterior screws and walk in. isn't much REAL security for a metal pole barn.

Kemps construction
    out of Greensburg Indiana
    812-593-4365

Or a cordless drill. Much faster and they are pretty quiet. Especially if it's windy or raining.

Top Bottom