• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    One question what are the 7 exceptions to the misdemeanor rule? I know domestic violence is one but what are the others?

wrong and it was another officer on here.

Invasion of privacy, leaving the scene of an accident, interfering with the reporting of a crime, domestic battery. Those are the five that I deal with. Anything else is a case report forwarded.

davebone42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Its a fact. Your basing you opinion off what your buddy's have told you. I am speaking first hand. It is me that knows your "type" and it is very laughable. Your the one getting laughed at. I have a associates in computer science.

Your reasoning is illogical and despite having many "friend cops" you just proved you know zero about law enforcement. 100K 4 year degree? That would work out great? Ive seen this type come and go. Bottom line you cant learn LEO skills with a $50,000 education. I will take that 100k tho.

I HAVE SEEN IT FIRST HAND. I have been a bailbondsman since June 2001. In that time I have bailed out hundreds of people and MANY of them were first time offenders with FELONY charges. If you have never arrested someone on a FELONY charge that had no priors you aren't working. Or you don't know what you are talking about. And to say that you have not even heard of it in your 5 years... I assure you no one is laughing at me.

davebone42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Keyser Soze

This kid shot a random guy from an overpass on I-65 after an argument with someone else... No criminal history
    Blanton sentenced to 42 years | blanton, ross, sentence - News and Photos - TribTown.com

This man shot his ex gf. He was an active police officer. No criminal history
    Police: Officer shoots, kills woman before turning gun on himself | police, brown, bedford - TribTown.com

I could keep going. But I am sure no one else but you is disagreeing with me

Yea I didn't arrest either one of those guys. I could post 1,000 articles where the suspect had a criminal history but no one else is disagreeing with me?

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I HAVE SEEN IT FIRST HAND. I have been a bailbondsman since June 2001. In that time I have bailed out hundreds of people and MANY of them were first time offenders with FELONY charges. If you have never arrested someone on a FELONY charge that had no priors you aren't working. Or you don't know what you are talking about. And to say that you have not even heard of it in your 5 years... I assure you no one is laughing at me.

Yea hundreds of felons since 2001 with no previous chargers...break out the boots @#$ getting deep in here.

davebone42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Yea I didn't arrest either one of those guys. I could post 1,000 articles where the suspect had a criminal history but no one else is disagreeing with me?

There is no doubt that most offenders have a criminal history!

This is what you said:

I understand you do not understand. I know its probably not your fault. Let me tell from first hand eye witness experience...not something I seen on youtube..not something I read on the internet....not something I heard from billy bobs second cousin removed.

PEOPLE DO NOT WAKE UP ONE DAY AND DECIDE TO ROB, MURDER, RAPE. Ive NEVER arrested someone or seen someone charged with a A B or even C felony that did not have a criminal history.

On VERY rare occasion a sex offender will be under the radar before they are popped. So you want police to merly be damage control? Not me. You break the law...hook and book..

davebone42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    There is no doubt that most offenders have a criminal history!

This is what you said:

I understand you do not understand. I know its probably not your fault. Let me tell from first hand eye witness experience...not something I seen on youtube..not something I read on the internet....not something I heard from billy bobs second cousin removed.

PEOPLE DO NOT WAKE UP ONE DAY AND DECIDE TO ROB, MURDER, RAPE. Ive NEVER arrested someone or seen someone charged with a A B or even C felony that did not have a criminal history.

On VERY rare occasion a sex offender will be under the radar before they are popped. So you want police to merly be damage control? Not me. You break the law...hook and book..

I just disproved everything you said with the two links I provided. You need to know when to fold

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Originally Posted by Timjoebillybob
    wrong and it was another officer on here.
    Invasion of privacy, leaving the scene of an accident, interfering with the reporting of a crime, domestic battery. Those are the five that I deal with. Anything else is a case report forwarded.

Thank you much for the answer. The only misdemeanor that I knew of that someone could be arrested for without it being witnessed by an officer was domestic battery.

But one question, that line that I left that you quoted, I don't believe was in my post. If you put it there okay. But if you did could you explain how I was wrong? I said that I thought it was an officer on here. But I wasn't 100% positive, which is why I posted that I thought they were a member here.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I just disproved everything you said with the two links I provided. You need to know when to fold

Oh I forgot I have actually arrested a bunch of felons with no criminal history...Thanks for reminding me. On wait a second I am still right. I HAVE NEVER arrested someone for a A B or C that did not have some type of criminal record.

davebone42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Oh I forgot I have actually arrested a bunch of felons with no criminal history...Thanks for reminding me. On wait a second I am still right. I HAVE NEVER arrested someone for a A B or C that did not have some type of criminal record.

I apologize. I am taking this too personal. We both have had different experiences that have given us two different opinions. Sorry for jumping your butt about it.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Thank you much for the answer. The only misdemeanor that I knew of that someone could be arrested for without it being witnessed by an officer was domestic battery.

But one question, that line that I left that you quoted, I don't believe was in my post. If you put it there okay. But if you did could you explain how I was wrong? I said that I thought it was an officer on here. But I wasn't 100% positive, which is why I posted that I thought they were a member here.

Im not sure which officer here on the board that let the wanted guy turn himself in but it was not me. Ive pushed my share of cars. Even changed a alternator once.

To answer your question about failure to protect. This page will explain it all, and its from an un bias source. Civil Liability

Here is a case where a female domestic violence victim won 2.3mil in a failure to protect lawsuit. The Day - She lived to tell: Police failed domestic-violence victim, suit against Waterford alleges | News from southeastern Connecticut

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Carrying an handgun w/o a license is another. Battery with injury (not to be confused with domestic battery). Cannot think of the 7th.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    One question what are the 7 exceptions to the misdemeanor rule? I know domestic violence is one but what are the others?

IC 35-33-1-1
    Law enforcement officer; federal enforcement officer
    Sec. 1. (a) A law enforcement officer may arrest a person when the officer has:
    (1) a warrant commanding that the person be arrested;
    (2) probable cause to believe the person has committed or attempted to commit, or is committing or attempting to commit, a felony;
    (3) probable cause to believe the person has violated the provisions of IC 9-26-1-1(1), IC 9-26-1-1(2), IC 9-26-1-2(1), IC 9-26-1-2(2), IC 9-26-1-3, IC 9-26-1-4, or IC 9-30-5;
    (4) probable cause to believe the person is committing or attempting to commit a misdemeanor in the officer's presence;
    (5) probable cause to believe the person has committed a:
    (A) battery resulting in bodily injury under IC 35-42-2-1; or
    (B) domestic battery under IC 35-42-2-1.3.
    The officer may use an affidavit executed by an individual alleged to have direct knowledge of the incident alleging the elements of the offense of battery to establish probable cause;
    (6) probable cause to believe that the person violated IC 35-46-1-15.1 (invasion of privacy);
    (7) probable cause to believe that the person violated IC 35-47-2-1 (carrying a handgun without a license) or IC 35-47-2-22 (counterfeit handgun license);
    (8) probable cause to believe that the person is violating or has violated an order issued under IC 35-50-7;
    (9) probable cause to believe that the person is violating or has violated IC 35-47-6-1.1 (undisclosed transport of a dangerous device); or
    (10) probable cause to believe that the person is:
    (A) violating or has violated IC 35-45-2-5 (interference with the reporting of a crime); and
    (B) interfering with or preventing the reporting of a crime involving domestic or family violence (as defined in IC 34-6-2-34.5).
    (b) A person who:
    (1) is employed full time as a federal enforcement officer;
    (2) is empowered to effect an arrest with or without warrant for a violation of the United States Code; and
    (3) is authorized to carry firearms in the performance of the person's duties;
    may act as an officer for the arrest of offenders against the laws of this state where the person reasonably believes that a felony has been

or is about to be committed or attempted in the person's presence.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Apparently I've been a fool. I guess the point of this thread is to point that out in hopes that I will come to my senses.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    You got a warrant? :):

Why would they want people to be able to track them down? I've seen posters here threaten hispanics, blacks, democrats, RINOS, liberals, anarchists, communists, Christians, Atheists and yes...(gasp)...even the po-po (or anyone that disagrees with them) with violence and death.

You have people here that will go to events and insult you and curse you in front of your kids. You have people that will go to another man's business and get pissed and throw his merchandise down in the floor and then curse him. You have people here that preach hatred and violence. You have people here that screw over fellow INGOers in the classifieds. Why would you want people like this to know your personal details?

I don't really concern myself with people not liking what I have to say or think. If I'm not sleeping with them or they aren't paying my mortgage...their opinions of my opinions mean [strike]little[/strike] nothing to me.

I've met people from here for face to face transactions...even a couple people that have come to my home to do business and to shoot the bull. One or two have even been gracious enough to have me stop by their homes. The vast majority here are good, honest people.

But I'll also admit that there are a small handful that I see one day taking pot shots from atop a church tower. I'd rather some people not know personal details about me. I'm don't think fear has much to do with it....more like common sense. The real world and the internet is full of freaks. :twocents:

Well I guess I look at it different ... what was it Jefferson said oh yeah :
    " When a man assumes a public trust he should consider himself a public property. "

I have run for office 3 times .. big deal so have 1000's of others .
    But I use my real name and a photo of myself .. not some cartoon image .
    I would submit that if there are so many people that would be hostile to you or others who are LEO that one should reflect as to why ?
    Why would so many people not like the local cop ?
    Years ago it was not that way . The cop on the street was looked up to .
    Jimmy with his Red Ryder BB gun wanted to shoot bad guys and grow up to be a Police Man who he trusted .
    What has happened ? Could it be that more people now look at cops with fear and distrust as opposed to admiration and love as was done in the 50's .

If a man has to be concerned with the public at large , and yes there is always the lone nut that is unstable , I submit that things happen for a reason and past event create present attitudes .
    Yes the question I would ask myself if I were that concerned is .. Why ?

Thanks
    Duncan

PS to be fair I should also ask why the general membership hides behind cartoons and pseudonyms .

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The owner of the forum uses a screen name. I followed suit. It's the same screen name I use on every forum I've ever been on.

If someone wants to know my name I don't make it difficult to find.

Top Bottom