• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't think the thread title is really accurate or fair. That particular police officer in NY won't protect you. I don't think you can paint the whole NYPD with that brush.
    This person didn't just get hired, they got promoted. Speaks to the kind of person who is succeeding in these organizations nowadays.

Yes the department is backtracking, but only because this spectacular failure got caught on video.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Those guys were not the least bit afraid of that “police officer” from the git-go. Each of them kicked that dude in the head and she wandered around in circles. Wow.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Those guys were not the least bit afraid of that “police officer” from the git-go. Each of them kicked that dude in the head and she wandered around in circles. Wow.
    Straight up dismissed her as a non-threat.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    One female cop vs. two males acting in concert with each other. What would you suggest she have done?
    Tazed one and shot the other? double fist it.

Only here to add humor. Police have no requirement to protect me and I'd be a moron to think that anyone showing up to my rural locale is going to be able to do anything but file the paperwork and call the coroner anyway.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One female cop vs. two males acting in concert with each other. What would you suggest she have done?
    Shoot them, I guess, but it sure doesn't look like she did much.

Anyhoo, a clarification and a counterpoint:

clarification: This was Yonkers, NY, not NYPD.

counterpoint:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You're right.... let me amend that.
    "Should have fired 3 mags at the guys striking two passersby and missing them both." Wait, she's no NYPD. Not sure how well Yonkers trains their PD on mag dumps.
    Shoot the guy on the ground, the dog across the street, and the cashier

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That was tough to watch. I'll defer to the LEOs here, but it would certainly seem that force would have been more than justified in this circumstance.

” Spano said in a statement. “We don’t condone aggressive behavior by our police officers, nor do we condone inaction. While this video is open to interpretation, it also is troubling to me."
    With guidance as clear as this, I'm not sure what expectations if any are set for these officers.

Top Bottom