• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Have any of you's guys followed the years of "shoes" work of Ole Dammegard?
    He really is an entertaining fellow and fun in interviews. Plus, he has correctly called some mass shootings in advance which gives pause.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wonder if the Federal government could pass a background check in a buyback?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This seems like a bad time to be kicking out our only effective lobbying organization...

And that's why i haven't given up on them. I have joined the GOA as well as donated to the FPC but, YES, the NRA is the only organization that has any pull in DC.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We should be asking why people failing background checks aren't being arrested.

My brother fails a background check nearly every time he buys a gun. He's not a prohibited possessor but something in the system flags him. There's probably numbers out there on this but my cynical side is guessing the number of false failures is pretty high.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My brother fails a background check nearly every time he buys a gun. He's not a prohibited possessor but something in the system flags him. There's probably numbers out there on this but my cynical side is guessing the number of false failures is pretty high.

The number of false positives are very high.
    The others should be prosecuted.

Both should be pointed out.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We should be asking why people failing background checks aren't being arrested.

My question is why can no one answer why he was denied on a background check. The only thing coming up in his criminal history is a couple misdemeanors from 18 years ago, which would not of prohibited him. Surely by now they know the answer to that question, which brings me to why are they not revealing that answer?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My question is why can no one answer why he was denied on a background check. The only thing coming up in his criminal history is a couple misdemeanors from 18 years ago, which would not of prohibited him. Surely by now they know the answer to that question, which brings me to why are they not revealing that answer?

I keep wondering about that myself. Denied in the NICS process, it's either a false-positive or prohibited possessor. I read public intoxication in 2014, and the NICS denial was "mental health issue".

They keep screaming PRIVATE SALE!!! but my money is on since there wasn't a 4473 for the transfer to the dirtbag murderer that's an assumption. Stolen? The trail must have gone cold on the weapon and FFLs.

A law enforcement official says the gunman who killed seven people in Texas has failed a background check in 2014 because of a “mental health issue.”

The official tells The Associated Press on Tuesday that Seth Ator had attempted to purchase a firearm in 2014 but was denied after a federal background check.
    The official said Ator was able to obtain the rifle used in SaturdayÂ’s rampage in West Texas through a private gun sale, skirting the background check process.

https://valleycentral.com/news/local/ap-source-texas-shooter-got-gun-at-private-sale

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I keep wondering about that myself. Denied in the NICS process, it's either a false-positive or prohibited possessor. I read public intoxication in 2014, and the NICS denial was "mental health issue".

They keep screaming PRIVATE SALE!!! but my money is on since there wasn't a 4473 for the transfer to the dirtbag murderer that's an assumption. Stolen? The trail must have gone cold on the weapon and FFLs.

A law enforcement official says the gunman who killed seven people in Texas has failed a background check in 2014 because of a “mental health issue.”

The official tells The Associated Press on Tuesday that Seth Ator had attempted to purchase a firearm in 2014 but was denied after a federal background check.
    The official said Ator was able to obtain the rifle used in SaturdayÂ’s rampage in West Texas through a private gun sale, skirting the background check process.

https://valleycentral.com/news/local/ap-source-texas-shooter-got-gun-at-private-sale

Thats the first ive seen of this. Thanks for posting the link.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    My question is why can no one answer why he was denied on a background check...

"The gunman who killed seven people and wounded 23 others in a rampage across West Texas on Saturday obtained the assault-style rifle used through a private sale after he was banned from having a firearm because he was diagnosed with a mental illness, media reported."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...=Feed:+reuters/topNews+(News+/+US+/+Top+News)

And then there is this missed opportunity...https://nypost.com/2019/09/01/texas-mass-shooter-threatened-neighbor-shot-animals-from-roof-report/ ..."She said cops tried to confront Ator following her report to them last month, but his property didn’t show up on GPS and was difficult to find." Like "she" the neighbor couldn't point out where he lived??? Doesn't sound like they tried very hard.:rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The officials were quick to come out with the "fact" the the shooter was not upset from being fired. They wanted it clear that the man came into work very very troubled. Interesting that they are not saying why the man was fired.

This is smelling like we are not hearing anything but the anti-gun lib news media narratives?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Do you think maybe something had him troubled?
    Really?

News content is craft.
    Absorb all of it you want.

Top Bottom