• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Me three. Funny how that works, racking the slide with a loaded magazine ejects the round from the chamber, and loads another round in the chamber. It's like the gun was designed to do this. If only there was a way, a way to make sure the chamber is empty and there is no magazine in the weapon. Perhaps locking the slide to the rear and visually observing the chamber and mag well. As Yogi Berra said, you can see a lot just by observing.

The real question is, why begin any kind of safety demo with a holstered and loaded gun in the first place?

The firearm should have been unloaded, safety checked and transported into the room while cased with slide locked and chamber flag in the barrel well before the students even entered the classroom.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm betting he racked the round in the chamber into his hand or onto the floor before he removed the magazine.

Agreed... though the reporting of course repeats several times that the "Gun went off" and of course:

During the conversation, Hines unholstered his gun, removed the magazine and then removed a round from the chamber. He was telling the interns how one should always point the gun in a safe direction when it fired, said Chief Administrative Assistant Ben Raymond in a statement.

Indicating that clearly the officer didn't do anything incorrectly... except of course, he did, and as we know, he also pulled the trigger.

It's amazing how people who write these articles just don't understand how these things happen.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Some of them are.

giphy.gif

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'm betting he racked the round in the chamber into his hand or onto the floor before he removed the magazine.

Me 4. Always blows my mind. Have a hard time comprehending how someone who understands how guns work would do this as it makes zero sense. Ergo my suspicion that people who do this really don't get it, and are just performing a series of learned steps (without understanding why). So I'm guessing, not a "gun person."

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Some people struggle being in front of a group of people, even children. For some it comes naturally but for others it creates a significant amount of anxiety which can easily lead to mistakes. It wasn't particularly easy for me when I first started instructing but I never took a loaded firearm into a classroom.

Not making excuses, anyone who has even a basic understanding of firearms should have known better than to plan on clearing a gun in that room during a presentation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Some people struggle being in front of a group of people, even children. For some it comes naturally but for others it creates a significant amount of anxiety which can easily lead to mistakes. It wasn't particularly easy for me when I first started instructing but I never took a loaded firearm into a classroom.

Not making excuses, anyone who has even a basic understanding of firearms should have known better than to plan on clearing a gun in that room during a presentation.

You mean like some place that has a big pile a dirt where one could point a gun instead of waving the gun all over Creation?

A place with a big pile of dirt? Like a gun range maybe?

Hmmm, your ideas intrigue mean and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You mean like some place that has a big pile a dirt where one could point a gun instead of waving the gun all over Creation?

A place with a big pile of dirt? Like a gun range maybe?

Hmmm, your ideas intrigue mean and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Can we call it a POD so it sounds cooler/technical/tactical?

Top Bottom