• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    just needed someplace to store the loose round so he wouldn't lose it. The chamber was empty and available soooo......

No, no, no. He really didn't do anything wrong.

He was giving the class on gun safety, and the students/interns were paying such close attention..... that they didn't see what the instructor saw. He detected a 'clear and present danger' from the desk. He couldn't tell everyone to "hide under the desk", as IT was the threat.

So, he shot it.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    My Daughter and Son in law live in Bossier City adjoining Shreveport so I followed this. As a Lead Firearms Instructor for my agency it's not in policy but MY RULE for all line instructor is if they are teaching a class they have ZERO loaded firearms or even ammo in the room. Those of us armed have zero to do with any demonstrations!

Fourtunately in this case there was no injuries. (To a person anyway)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm betting he racked the round in the chamber into his hand or onto the floor before he removed the magazine.

This is the most common cause, followed by dropping the mag and forgetting to run the slide.

I worked one where Brother A was showing Sister-in-law how to break down her new Shield. He'd demonstrated it correctly several times but she was distracted (making lunch while learning gun safety...) and he picked it up again. Reversed the clearing steps while he was also distracted, shot his brother in the gut. Brother was lying on a couch in the next room holding his infant on his chest, a slight change in angle would have resulted in the infant catching the bullet. As it was, FMJ round through-and-through his guts, through the couch, and bounced off the dry wall.

A *lot* of these types of UDs occur when the person is engaged in conversation, watching tv, doing something else that requires some level of attention and "multi-tasking". As you're aware, humans can't multi-task, we task switch rapidly. Brain gives priority to the wrong thing, proper gun handling goes out the window, unwanted noise occurs.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My Daughter and Son in law live in Bossier City adjoining Shreveport so I followed this. As a Lead Firearms Instructor for my agency it's not in policy but MY RULE for all line instructor is if they are teaching a class they have ZERO loaded firearms or even ammo in the room. Those of us armed have zero to do with any demonstrations!

Fourtunately in this case there was no injuries. (To a person anyway)
    Daughter and SIL in Bossier City, anything B-52 related?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes, 10 years Military now a GS 12 AF Civilian

USAF Civvie huh. The hardest part of the transition for me was having to decide what to wear to work.

There are certain places such as Minot, ND and Enid, OK that you know there must be a USAF connection.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    USAF Civvie huh. The hardest part of the transition for me was having to decide what to wear to work.

There are certain places such as Minot, ND and Enid, OK that you know there must be a USAF connection.

I was at Blytheville)Eaker and when they closed in 91 Barksdale was one of the choices for reassignment. I decided on Malmstrom to change it up with Missiles. While I had fun Barksdale has it going on as a Base. Knew it would being a 8th AF headquarters but Darn it's NICE. If they are still there in a couple years when I retire I night relocate and use my retired Military Benefits!

Minot no way in heck I'd go there. Always some type of major DRAMA

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was at Blytheville)Eaker and when they closed in 91 Barksdale was one of the choices for reassignment. I decided on Malmstrom to change it up with Missiles. While I had fun Barksdale has it going on as a Base. Knew it would being a 8th AF headquarters but Darn it's NICE. If they are still there in a couple years when I retire I night relocate and use my retired Military Benefits!

Minot no way in heck I'd go there. Always some type of major DRAMA

Another made-member in the Blue-ID Mafia! There are a few of us here at INGO. I remember when they closed Eaker, seems like the paint wasn't dry on the water tower after the name-change when it closed. BUFFs to ICBMs, were you a 2M0? I remember those guys worked on the ALCMs/ACMs and ICBMs.

Roger that on Minot, been crazy since the unscheduled transport of nukes to Barksdale.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Another made-member in the Blue-ID Mafia! There are a few of us here at INGO. I remember when they closed Eaker, seems like the paint wasn't dry on the water tower after the name-change when it closed. BUFFs to ICBMs, were you a 2M0? I remember those guys worked on the ALCMs/ACMs and ICBMs.

Roger that on Minot, been crazy since the unscheduled transport of nukes to Barksdale.

Nope did my whole Active and ANG time in Security Forces. Retired at Hulman Field in 2007. They changed the name to Eaker in 1988. Got to watch the command change and flyovera from a water tower with a M 16 with optics. Then seems like short order they downloaded the bombers we went to Desert Storm, cane back in April never stood the Bombers back up and by November myself and the bombers left. By April of 92 all the tankers were gone.

They had a skeleton crew that closed it officially in December of 92 it wasn't a bad first base. But Barksdale has a ton more amenities. They actually have a firearms section in their BX.

As far as Minot they recently lost a grenade launcher, a can of HEDP 40 mm MK 19 live grenades and a M 249 MG with ammo. AFOSI recovered the 240 (a month later) in an AMN off base aprtment. So Nice it is still in the funny papers. The Security Forces Group Commander and Group CMSGT we're relieved off duty. The CC was reasigned to Florida.

The AMN probably drawn and quartered LOL

Top Bottom