• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Another vehicle was carjacked on my district tonight in the same area as the vehicle that was driven into Bradis. Have been waiting to hear it was crashed into another gun store but so far nothing yet.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Another vehicle was carjacked on my district tonight in the same area as the vehicle that was driven into Bradis. Have been waiting to hear it was crashed into another gun store but so far nothing yet.

Is it that hard to steal a parked car? I am naiive but doesn't "hot wiring" really work? Why go to the trouble and risk of an altercation to get a car that will be reported immediately and a description of you given?

i know, I'm trying to make criminals logical...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is it that hard to steal a parked car? I am naiive but doesn't "hot wiring" really work? Why go to the trouble and risk of an altercation to get a car that will be reported immediately and a description of you given?

There are a lot of things to get around in a modern car. Locking columns/anti theft systems etc and that takes effort.
    Snatching a car from an innocent is off to the races. Goes to the mind set of these idiots.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I've never seen a car actually "hotwired." Every stolen car I've ever seen either had the column cracked, the ignition pulled out, or the key was with it. And trying to figure out the mindset of some criminals is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There are a lot of things to get around in a modern car. Locking columns/anti theft systems etc and that takes effort.
    Snatching a car from an innocent is off to the races. Goes to the mind set of these idiots.
    People aren't leaving their cars unlocked and running at the convenience store like they used to (37 and Smith Valley Road comes to mind.) I've been locking my cars since the Reagan Administration.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Is the fender-bender gambit described in the article linked above a common carjacking tactic, or are there others, as well?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never seen a car actually "hotwired." Every stolen car I've ever seen either had the column cracked, the ignition pulled out, or the key was with it. And trying to figure out the mindset of some criminals is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Way back when I was buying and selling cars, we bought stolen/recovered cars and trucks all the time. Essentially, we were replacing windows, columns, and stereos. I went to many an insurance salvage auction and my experience matches yours 100%.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Copious steel/concrete bollards around the perimeter are about the only defense against it from a passenger car. ....

Even WITH bollards, sometimes chains are still used to rip parts of the building/doors away. ...

Exact sequence of events that happened in Houston over last year.

Top Bottom