• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Call me perplexed, but going into a residence with what is a para-military force based on the word of one dirtbag? If the intel lines up with other informants, calls from neighbors, reports from other officers, then yes. If you have the word of one individual with a criminal background trying to get the charges kncked down from a felony? There's a problem here.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Call me perplexed, but going into a residence with what is a para-military force based on the word of one dirtbag? If the intel lines up with other informants, calls from neighbors, reports from other officers, then yes. If you have the word of one individual with a criminal background trying to get the charges kncked down from a felony? There's a problem here.

Let's not forget that local law enforcement agencies get money, equipment, etc from the feds for drug busts.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Until as significant number of these stormtroopers get toe tagged this nonsense will not stop. They face zero consequences for their misdeeds, (no matter what some may contend) and have no real skin in the game. Being sued costs them nothing, it just cost the taxpayers.

If a significant number of these stormtroopers get toe tagged they will just start using MRAP's, bulldozers and whatever else they feel necessary to go home safe at night.

Otherwise I agree completely.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Dang it sucks to be him. Really though if you was on a warrant service and a person in the target house presents a firearm what are you going to do? Bad situation for all involved.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, the article is from Police State USA, so must be taken with a huge, semi-truck size 'grain' of salt...

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I have respect for most police officers. Most are good people. Some are just thugs with a badge and a gun who think they can do what ever they want. Civil forfeiture laws need to be stricken from the books so they have less of an incentive to storm houses and un lawfully pull people over hoping there is drugs or large sums of money in peoples cars.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    This is the situation I am most afraid of. You can't let guys who say they are the police take you hostage, but you can't defend yourself against the police without getting slaughtered.

I wish these police departments would understand the bad position they put homeowners in when they serve these bull**** warrants.

They do understand. They just don't give a ****.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    "Civil forfeiture laws need to be stricken from the books so they have less of an incentive to storm houses"............So true,

Also, Why not just stop the guy when he's getting in his car in the daylight. The storm troopers need to re think that method!!

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I am NOT AN INTERNET RAMBO!!

Just wanted to get that out of the way.

I am a law abiding citizen, I do not hang around with criminals or do
    criminal things.

If my door is kicked in I have no choice but to assume I'm being home
    invaded by ruthless felons.

So I will shoot several times in there direction.

If it turns out to be cops, there at the wrong place and ill probably be killed.

Hope this never happens.

Jimmy

I think you just described a majority of INGO there. I'd be in the same place.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think you just described a majority of INGO there. I'd be in the same place.

Same place here as well. Especially if it's 2am and I can't see they're swat. If someone comes through my window in the middle of the night, they're either going to get shot at or get to me before I get the shot off. It's one of the two.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Hence the danger of a no-knock raid. Is the level of assumed crime important enough to plan out and execute an attack on a residence?

Holding hostage? Yes, go for it.
    Torturing and killing some kids in a basement? Yeah, sure. But be sure your source isn't some junky looking to mess with you.

Junky telling you that the family has a couple small bags of weed that might not even reach the level of a misdemeanor charge in most states? Probably not...

No-knock warrants were created so that police could attack a place and secure evidence before that evidence could be destroyed. A couple small bags could more than likely be dumped and flushed, etc. But is it really worth it?

Maybe some of the LEO's here can answer that. Is a no-knock warrant really worth the potential loss of life because of simple human reaction to danger? People barge in, my wife and I would be reaching for our guns, the dog would be attacking. If we weren't near our guns and someone comes in, you better believe we would still be taking up defensive positions. Bang-bang-bang. And then we are dead because some junky burglar, who already showed that their character references were probably not going to be any good, lied to you in order to try to make a better deal for themselves.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Whether consciously or sub-consciously the decision has been made that a certain level of innocent civilian casualties are acceptable. Otherwise, these situations would not keep happening. Since the poeple making these decisions are apparently beyond acountability, what can be done?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Birds hit the nail on the head. It's the lack of accountability. Nobody gets punished for these attrocities, so nothing changes.
    At most, the guy who issued the warrant will no longer be able to issue warrants. He won't be fired, prosecuted, or anything else. neither will the officers who execute the order.
    If there was accountability, you bet the person issuing these warrants would take a hell of a lot better look at it before rubber stamping it.

The only thing we can do is continue to call our legislators and use our votes accordingly.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Obviously those cops were'nt fast enough getting into the house if the man had enough time to wake up, then round up all his drugs, get them flushed down the toilet, then get his gun and confront them at the door.

These drug dealers are getting better and better at hiding their nefarious operations.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Simply permanently disbar judges who sign the bad warrants, problem solved. No possibility of appeal, these people are out of the law/leadership business forever.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Simply permanently disbar judges who sign the bad warrants, problem solved. No possibility of appeal, these people are out of the law/leadership business forever.

Yes, cause disbarring a judge and removing them from their seat is so easy.....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Very true, but that needs to be changed. Decision makers should bear the responsibility of their actions.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's the perfect trinity of plausible deniability. Judge, investigators as way team. Whenever they get it wrong , they each blame the other 2.

Top Bottom