POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I am guilty of taking for granted at times so much of what our fathers and grandfathers earned for us the hard way.
    Not sure when the wake up call is coming for the rest of them, but many of us have already gotten the message.
    I guess I thought we had won that fight for the homefront and the home fires.

We are under a more constant and steady attack from domestic sources than ever before.
    We all see this.

"I can't be the only one!"
    :wallbash:

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am guilty of taking for granted at times so much of what our fathers and grandfathers earned for us the hard way.
    Not sure when the wake up call is coming for the rest of them, but many of us have already gotten the message.
    I guess I thought we had won that fight for the homefront and the home fires.

We are under a more constant and steady attack from domestic sources than ever before.
    We all see this.

"I can't be the only one!"
    :wallbash:
    "Freedom is a fragile thing and it's never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by way of inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people"

--- Governor Ronald Reagan, Inaugural speech January 5, 1967

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Because this is a Family site.

Some folk still don't cuss in front of ladies and children.

I realize that is archaic and most embrace the polt modern leftism.
    100% agree.
    I do however know that the world we live in is not Family Friendly.
    While I have always tried to set the example I was taught by my heritage to my own kids, I have not told them any fairy tales since Santa Claus.

Getting them to understand that the concept of Santa is more effective and powerful as a spirit to adopt, than any one legedary person could ever be is a seperate journey with its own set of stories.

But that was a all a part, (along with many horrors yet to face) of them growing into the complicated world burning all around us.
    They know things, but they are drinking age now.

I do apologize for not considering the gentle youth among us more fully.

If I need to remove that song posted, I think I still can without moderator help.
    I feel enough of the target audience has had a chance to use it.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Nevermind, I removed the link and dropped a brief explanation for the change and how to find it if you want.
    Also added a mild admonition to view it personally before sharing the song.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nevermind, I removed the link and dropped a brief explanation for the change and how to find it if you want.
    Also added a mild admonition to view it personally before sharing the song.

I think a simple NSFW warning would have been fine.
    That's what I do

Edit:

OOps. I wasn't paying attention. Thought we were talking about a video or something.

Do NOT put 'bad words' on INGO.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    100% agree.
    I do however know that the world we live in is not Family Friendly.
    While I have always tried to set the example I was taught by my heritage to my own kids, I have not told them any fairy tales since Santa Claus.

Getting them to understand that the concept of Santa is more effective and powerful as a spirit to adopt, than any one legedary person could ever be is a seperate journey with its own set of stories.

But that was a all a part, (along with many horrors yet to face) of them growing into the complicated world burning all around us.
    They know things, but they are drinking age now.

I do apologize for not considering the gentle youth among us more fully.

If I need to remove that song posted, I think I still can without moderator help.
    I feel enough of the target audience has had a chance to use it.
    You can post stuff with language. Just *** out the naughty bits. Were snart enough to figure it out. (scratch it out using ms paint if its in a pic)
    I think a simple NSFW warning would have been fine.
    That's what I do
    As long as you have to click through to see it, fine. (maybe use the spoiler button?)

Just saying "NSFW" first doesnt make clear text of offending words all better.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I have worked an Arron Lewis solo show. All I will say is if you are a liberal Democrat, he will do a lot more than anger you at his show. I couldn't believe how political he got with calling out the liberals in between his songs. Kinda like something everyone knows but terrified to say in public. And he says it.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    You can post stuff with language. Just *** out the naughty bits. Were snart enough to figure it out. (scratch it out using ms paint if its in a pic)

As long as you have to click through to see it, fine. (maybe use the spoiler button?)

Just saying "NSFW" first doesnt make clear text of offending words all better.
    Thanks guys. I will edit more preemptively, forward.

My way to polish up my mistake at the time seemed easily navagable to me.

Again, apologies to (those in charge of) our delicate youth.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have worked an Arron Lewis solo show. All I will say is if you are a liberal Democrat, he will do a lot more than anger you at his show. I couldn't believe how political he got with calling out the liberals in between his songs. Kinda like something everyone knows but terrified to say in public. And he says it.
    You say "worked" and I am curious as to your work.
    Were you a part of the venue event staff or Security for the location or maybe the sound company?

No reason, just as an old sound tech, I always wonder when someone says they worked a show. I know a little about some shows. Fun subject to me.

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    You say "worked" and I am curious as to your work.
    Were you a part of the event venue staff or Security for the location or maybe the sound company?

No reason, just as an old sound tech, I always wonder when someone says they worked a show. I know a little about some shows.
    For him I was house audio staff. And I am probable going to wear the "old sound tech" title very soon, if not already. lol Kinda got into the game a little late in life, but been doing it for 20 years now. What about you?

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    What about me? I grew up in music.
    I'm 68 and no longer active in music, except as a passing fancy.

I began building my sound reinforcement system while I was still in high school. My dad (farm raised, educated himself, mostly) made me get a business license at 16, when I started making money. That was 1971. A very modest beginning.

I traveled, one van at first, then more, two semis toward the end. Worked with some familiar names from the '80s.

I kept it going and growing until '92. I had slowed down a bit, gotten married by then and really missed a familiar pillow to sleep on.

EDIT, added for clarity: Let alone missing my favorite co-pilot.

I had to start working my way off the road.
    Sold what I could, kept some toys, "finished" moving to Indiana.
    My interest is based on nostalgia, you could say.

Still love live music, most any kind, but I don't have a way to participate anymore.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks guys. I will edit more preemptively, forward.

My way to polish up my mistake at the time seemed easily navagable to me.

Again, apologies to (those in charge of) our delicate youth.
    This, and others in this series of posts. seem awfully passive-aggressive for sincere apologies

Top Bottom