• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Still waiting on a statement from this guy's supposed employer confirming his employment or training.

Shooter's social media history is full of Occupy/leftist crap, I'd be surprised if he actually passed a background check for an executive protection job.

Let's see if the station actually did contract with Pinkerton. This guy looks too iffy to make it through a screening.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    k63JOyy.jpg

FTkOcy7.png

Certainly looking like a politically motivated shooting.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Still waiting on a statement from this guy's supposed employer confirming his employment or training.

Shooter's social media history is full of Occupy/leftist crap, I'd be surprised if he actually passed a background check for an executive protection job.

The Heavy article has a direct quote stating such from 9News.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, right, sure...

or he watched any number of videos of "best handgun grip" and practiced that. (I should know, that's how I learned that grip.)

[video=youtube_share;ylh4DyMADRU]https://youtu.be/ylh4DyMADRU[/video]

That works for me. Your typical gun owner, in my experience, rarely is interested enough to learn how to handle a weapon the right way.

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    1 - the reporting on this incident at the Denver protest is pretty shoddy so far

2 - so far, I've heard conflicting statements as to the WHY of this

3 - during one of the Denver police pressers on this, they stated the incident happened within view of a city owned camera.

4 - it will be up to the police and prosecutors to decide how this is handled legally (NOT US)

5 - SPECULATION ought to be reduced until actual evidence is produced. So far, the video and pictures do not show why the victim left the Black Gun Matters douche-bag that was yelling and went towards the reporter and "bodyguard."

The WHY this happened will be the key to any prosecution...

So useful information on the law in Colorado

https://www.colorado-violent-assaul...-from-an-attack-before-acting-in-self-defense

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That works for me. You’re typical gun owner, in my experience, rarely is interested enough to learn how to handle a weapon the right way.

I wasn't trying to sound :poop: it's just the amount of conjecture on the internet about all this (and most incidents) is starting to get to me.

With that said, a typical gun owner (in my experience) doesn't setup a holo-sight on their handgun. As well as, if this guy was actually security, one would assume he's not a typical gun owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Here is news article on Dolloff not having required license to operate in Denver while armed...

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/10...-guard/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Denver Department of Excise and Licenses tells CBS4’s Andrea Flores Dolloff was not licensed to be a security guard in the city.

“If he was operating as a security guard, he was in violation of the law,” said Eric Escudero, a department spokesman, stated. “Security guards are prohibited from carrying or using a firearm without getting an armed firearm endorsement for their license. All security guards in Denver are required to get a federal background check before they receive their license.”

Escudero also shared Denver is one of three cities in Colorado where security guards are required to have a license to operate, and there is requirement to have a license in the state.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here is news article on Dolloff not having required license to operate in Denver while armed...

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/10...-guard/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The funny thing about this, and I’m not saying this is the case in this instance, is that such situations like that aren’t uncommon. You bring a non-local to something/anything, and then find out that the person isn’t allowed to be doing the work their business tasked them to do, because of local prohibitions.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

That, plus his obvious bias make this a lot more interesting. So, how did he contract through a reputable private security firm without proper credentials? Would the additional training covered deescalation techniques, which may have resulted in this encounter having a different outcome?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The next question is, with his anti-Trump social media postings, how is the media going to say this is Trump's fault?

Or do they even need a reason?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The next question is, with his anti-Trump social media postings, how is the media going to say this is Trump's fault?

Or do they even need a reason?
    We keep hearing the lie about "Fine people on both sides" after Charlottesville. We don't hear anything about Michael Reinoehl, and the killing of Patriot Prayer member Jay Danielson, or any other examples of violence against Trump supporters.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Actually, now that I think about it, could this be the next cover to legitimize violence against Trump supporters, and/or LEOs? Both Michael Reinoehl and Matthew Dolloff claim to have been acting as security. Are they using this in a similar manner to how Antifa claimed that some of their members were "press" to escape police action or intimidate those not sympathetic to their cause?

An alternate theory I have seen floated around, is that Dolloff may have been Antifa/BLM member of sympathizer, who was hired by the press to get access to either group. It has the benefit for the media of getting close to the group, and gives the group a chance to observe and potentially influence the coverage.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We keep hearing the lie about "Fine people on both sides" after Charlottesville. We don't hear anything about Michael Reinoehl, and the killing of Patriot Prayer member Jay Danielson, or any other examples of violence against Trump supporters.

Surely you’re not calling this situation “violence against Trump supporters”? You’ve seen the pics, right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That, plus his obvious bias make this a lot more interesting. So, how did he contract through a reputable private security firm without proper credentials? Would the additional training covered deescalation techniques, which may have resulted in this encounter having a different outcome?

I think you’re overthinking it. The guy did work for Pinkerton. Pinkerton says they had the contract. The short was from Colorado but outside of Denver. Denver has additional requirements for people to work as security guards. More than likely the guy either lied or was unaware of the additional requirements; or the Pinkertons messed up, and sent the guy, not knowing he didn’t meet the Denver requirements. I’m sure it happens more than a fair bit, and only becomes an issue in those rare occurances when a guard is forced to use deadly force.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Surely you’re not calling this situation “violence against Trump supporters”? You’ve seen the pics, right?

It certainly seems to be that way, as the individual who lost his life supported Trump.

I don't feel like digging through my history to find it again, but there was a reddit post from one of his family members questioning how to continue living in this kind of political turmoil.

And I managed to find it again, conveniently it seems that the reddit moderators purged it.

Top Bottom