• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It certainly seems to be that way, as the individual who lost his life supported Trump.

I don't feel like digging through my history to find it again, but there was a reddit post from one of his family members questioning how to continue living in this kind of political turmoil.

And I managed to find it again, conveniently it seems that the reddit moderators purged it.

The guy was there to support police. He had nothing evident that he was pro-Trump. Just because he was pro-Trump based on after the fact information, doesn’t mean his demise was due to it. And looking at the pictures, though I’m not certain, it looks like the deceased was the one who started the violence, and Darwin caught up with him.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I think you’re overthinking it. The guy did work for Pinkerton. Pinkerton says they had the contract. The short was from Colorado but outside of Denver. Denver has additional requirements for people to work as security guards. More than likely the guy either lied or was unaware of the additional requirements; or the Pinkertons messed up, and sent the guy, not knowing he didn’t meet the Denver requirements. I’m sure it happens more than a fair bit, and only becomes an issue in those rare occurances when a guard is forced to use deadly force.

Do you have a link to the Pinkerton statement? I haven't seen any announcement by the company at all.

Hard to believe they wouldn't know and check on Denver licensing requirements before contracting this guy out...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Do not forget that this is at large an op to politically destabilize our country.
    This picking the fly specks out of the pepper quickly becomes nonsensical with people on both sides trying to make arguments to protect their emotional comfort zones. All that does is set you up for the next action and the next and the next. In other words, you're neutered.
    When are people just going to do a Ralph Kramden and say ENOUGH!?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It certainly seems to be that way, as the individual who lost his life supported Trump.

I don't feel like digging through my history to find it again, but there was a reddit post from one of his family members questioning how to continue living in this kind of political turmoil.

And I managed to find it again, conveniently it seems that the reddit moderators purged it.
    The Trump supporter did participate in the altercation at least a little. I’m not saying the shooting was justified. Far from it. But it does not appear that a Trump supporter was targeted for killing just for being a Trump supporter. It looks more like both sides escalated things, to the point where one party used deadly force. The trump supporter appears to have participated in the altercation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The guy was there to support police. He had nothing evident that he was pro-Trump. Just because he was pro-Trump based on after the fact information, doesn’t mean his demise was due to it. And looking at the pictures, though I’m not certain, it looks like the deceased was the one who started the violence, and Darwin caught up with him.
    I see no such thing. Either side has to infer facts not in evidence to see who started it. The video, and the photos, seem to show the state of things after things started to escalate. All that shows is that both were participating in the escalation of things.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's interesting to see how people's biases shape their perceptions. I have to wonder what the opinions would be at this point if their political viewpoints had been reversed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's interesting to see how people's biases shape their perceptions. I have to wonder what the opinions would be at this point if their political viewpoints had been reversed.

I’d like to see what the opinions would be if it were impossible to know who was on what side? Would anyone know who started it then?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, this looks a little too much like what liberals did to Rittenhouse. I don't give a flip what the politics were of the shooter or the deceased. We don't have the level of video information that we had in the Rittenhouse case and it's unclear whether this was a justified shooting or not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just don't accept what the media corporation said as being a basis for belief. As far as any liability goes, I don't see that what they have said creates the condition of them having any liability for anything. As a class they can and do say anything.
    No. That’s not true. You accept all kinds of untestable bull**** from sites that tell the narrative you want to believe. It’s more accurate to say you selectively accept what the media corporations say as a basis for belief. The information that you’re skeptical of accepting is testable. We can learn more about whether the guy was employed as the traditional media has been reporting. That fact will emerge.

The bull**** conspiracy sites spew nonsense that’s not testable. Facts that emerge which tend to disprove the conspiracies are just reported as further untestable conspiracies. It’s conspiracy all the way down. But that doesn’t seem to matter. Some people just eat that **** ip like Thanksgiving Turkey.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Really sad, it's why I tell both my sons it's best just to keep away from these things and I figure it will get worse before it gets better.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I think you’re overthinking it. The guy did work for Pinkerton. Pinkerton says they had the contract. The short was from Colorado but outside of Denver. Denver has additional requirements for people to work as security guards. More than likely the guy either lied or was unaware of the additional requirements; or the Pinkertons messed up, and sent the guy, not knowing he didn’t meet the Denver requirements. I’m sure it happens more than a fair bit, and only becomes an issue in those rare occurances when a guard is forced to use deadly force.

I've not seen any actual statement from Pinkerton.

BUT

Surely Pinkerton Security Services would have been well aware of the operating environment in Denver versus the rest of Colorado.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Really sad, it's why I tell both my sons it's best just to keep away from these things and I figure it will get worse before it gets better.

I cannot figure out for the life of me why people go to these things. Nobody cares about your views. You look like an idiot, you're not influencing anybody, and if you get killed, you will have a hundred million people schadenfreuding over it (some probably on this site, likely even on this thread).

It's like the Portland crap. Let them have the city. Let the authorities own the responsibility for it. But no; the "proud boys" have to show up to make their point, and now the media pay attention to nothing _but_ them. If even a single counter-protester shows up, the media will portray it as an "even" distribution of responsibility, and once it's been through the mill a few times, something which is totally the fault of Antifa now gets spun as a Branch Davidian meeting.

Stop. Going. Yes, you with the Gadsden flag and the INGO hat. Just, stop. Nobody cares. Vote Trump and leave the rest in the hands of the authorities. Your life is not worth wasting. Your presence makes it worse. You are just adding film clips to the future promotion of the Mark Kelly / Joe Biden Assault Weapon Ban v2.0.

Let the liberals totally own this strife. Your presence muddies the waters in the minds of the average voter.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    This is would be a disturbing possible future, where deep blue cities are both set on fire and have no supplies for the law-abiding...

"May you live in interesting times..."

https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2020/10/hes-baaaaack.html

This one is closest to the truth that we've heard here and elsewhere:

• There was a post yesterday about the supposed crazy conversations on the 5th Floor and 35th Street and 12hr days and days off cancelled until basically Christmas yada yada yada met with skepticism. Well Boys and Girls I’m on the inside looking out of this crap and it’s even worse. A very nervous and angry Greater Mich Ave Merchants Assoc have been told by the Usual Suspects of BLM, Antifa etc to prepare for chaos until Biden is seated no exceptions. They have instructed their stores merchandise buyers to basically not have any stock in their Mich Ave stores. Our panicked department has through back channels, reached out to The Feds and get 0 response from the Federal Gov’t who have bluntly informed all Mayors that were foolish enough to turn on the President they are on their own.(Case In point Groot whining about no Fed$$$) Expect Red State cities and Reagan Democratic cities to have any violence immediately and swiftly put down. We could conceivably be in a Civil War on our streets from Nov4th until the day, hopefully President Trumps raises his right hand sometime in early 2021. Expect last summer on steroids in NY, Chicago,Portland, Seattle,SF and poor Austin Texas, expect talk of, get this, some crazed states threatening to secede from the union.start preparing now kids no help is coming and our own neighborhoods could be targeted.

Troubles in other cities as well... https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2020/10/getting-ready-to-rumble.html

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is would be a disturbing possible future, where deep blue cities are both set on fire and have no supplies for the law-abiding...

"May you live in interesting times..."

https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2020/10/hes-baaaaack.html

Troubles in other cities as well... https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2020/10/getting-ready-to-rumble.html
    If that isn't the definition of domestic terrorism then I don't know what is. Wonder if the media will call on Biden to come out and disavow?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I see no such thing. Either side has to infer facts not in evidence to see who started it. The video, and the photos, seem to show the state of things after things started to escalate. All that shows is that both were participating in the escalation of things.

What “I” saw, was a slap, then spray, then a guy getting shot. In that order. You are free to see differently.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Top Bottom