printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Whatever you are, own it...

Thinly veiled slur, is thinly veiled. Not that I expect pushback on stuff like that.

If you say so. I'm not buying it. I'm fairly confident there was purposeful intent in the example used.

DUDE come on.

Seriously, this is the EXACT line of reasoning and behavior that churchmouse warned about to STOP when you were on vacation.

I would caution you to stop it before that vacation becomes permanent. I wrote you a letter in the shooter thread, please go back and reread it.

Sincerely,

Your friend
    printcraft
    xoxoxoxoxo

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Clearly there is something I'm missing, so rather than see quoted content lets take our resident contrarian off ignore.

Brazil nuts? What an odd reference to bring up, in a conversation talking about people.... oh wait, NOW I get why that reference was used.... doh. Though I'm sure most of the rest of the membership, and mods, are blissfully ignorant.
    What are you talking about now? What reference?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Brazil nuts? What an odd reference to bring up, in a conversation talking about people.... oh wait, NOW I get why that reference was used.... doh. Though I'm sure most of the rest of the membership, and mods, are blissfully ignorant.

Hmmm. Since you're the only one smart enough to see the insult, everyone else being blissfully ignorant, perhaps you could explain it for all of us?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Maybe you fellas aren't old enough to remember what Brazil nuts are called by some. "racial slur" toes.

Maybe you are feigning a lack of understanding what Kut is saying (OakRiver, excluded...no one would expect a recent citizen to have heard this term).

Sectarian violence does not just come from the direct attacks on the other side. It also results because the "other side" has hardened its position to the point it is unwilling to seek common ground.

Good day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

DUDE come on.

Seriously, this is the EXACT line of reasoning and behavior that churchmouse warned about to STOP when you were on vacation.

I would caution you to stop it before that vacation becomes permanent. I wrote you a letter in the shooter thread, please go back and reread it.

Sincerely,

Your friend
    printcraft
    xoxoxoxoxo

Hey, I have my beliefs on people's intent, you have yours. Lord knows, people have vocalized what the thought my intent was, with many a post in the past. So I don't believe that you grasp what is verboten, and what is not.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Maybe you fellas aren't old enough to remember what Brazil nuts are called by some. "racial slur" toes.

Maybe you are feigning a lack of understanding what Kut is saying (OakRiver, excluded...no one would expect a recent citizen to have heard this term).
    No feigning here, I have never before heard that there was some "racial slur" associated with Brazil nuts.

I can assure you that there was absolutely no malicious intent on my part, unless you consider making a "Dad joke" malicious.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Sectarian violence does not just come from the direct attacks on the other side. It also results because the "other side" has hardened its position to the point it is unwilling to seek common ground.

Good day.
    What in the hell? Are Brazil nuts seriously a racial slur now or are you guys joking? Being serious here. I swear I think I learn how to be a racists from people always claiming racism on ingo more than I ever have from an actual racist.
    I never knew I was a homophobic masoganistic antisemitic rapist racist fascist until I came to ingo. I am going to have to go apologize to all of my gay, women, black, Jewish friends now. Oh, see there I go. Even stating that I have black, gay, women, Jewish, friends makes me just using them to hide behind it all. Does it help if I have started self identifying as Hispanic gender neutral? ;)
    I'm going to go eat some Brazil nuts and drink a beer .... OH LORDY, I am a racist!!!???? #@$*#@*%&

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    No feigning here, I have never before heard that there was some "racial slur" associated with Brazil nuts.

I can assure you that there was absolutely no malicious intent on my part, unless you consider making a "Dad joke" malicious.

He and Alpo are totally correct. I recall hearing it in Detroit. It was fairly common. It's a stupid reference and concept (like most racially biased things). I think it was more an ignorant reference than intended as a slur, but totally out of bounds for , oh 30/40 years. I remember having to correct recent eastern European family members that despite the fact "" an American" taught them this, it wasn't cool.

After re-reading it I am sure that the statement in this thread was not related to the slur, but it's not like Kut made this up. That unfortunate name was used. And by people who would never see themselves as "racist" or even disliking the folks the slur was related to. So, being I heard it in the Midwest, I am surprised no one in IN has....(I am being vague as to not give away the term to those not familiar with it. It does NOT need repeating)

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Capture.jpg

Check your privilege, sexist. :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He and Alpo are totally correct. I recall hearing it in Detroit. It was fairly common. It's a stupid reference and concept (like most racially biased things). I think it was more an ignorant reference than intended as a slur, but totally out of bounds for , oh 30/40 years. I remember having to correct recent eastern European family members that despite the fact "" an American" taught them this, it wasn't cool.

I ma not sure that the statement in this thread was related, but it's not like Kut made this up.

The context of Oak's joke was exactly the context of every joke before it.

What do they call Brazil nuts in brazil? Nuts.

What do they call Irish carbombs in ireland? Carbombs.

What do they call Canadian bacon in Canada? Bacon.

There was zero ill-intent behind it, I still have no idea what the reference is, and I think people are getting a bit too sensitive in here and actually creating something out of nothing.

If we waste any more of our Sunday on this, we might have to move to the SJW thread.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

There was zero ill-intent behind it, I still have no idea what the reference is, and I think people are getting a bit too sensitive in here and actually creating something out of nothing.

THIS

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

If we waste any more of our Sunday on this, we might have to move to the SJW thread.

We are in agreement on much

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I knew what Kut was talking about but for the life of me I didn't see how he arrived at the conclusion that he did. I guess if you go looking for something and have preconceived notions about people you will generally find what you were looking for.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I knew what Kut was talking about but for the life of me I didn't see how he arrived at the conclusion that he did. I guess if you go looking for something and have preconceived notions about people you will generally find what you were looking for.

bingo.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom