• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do to you think President Trump stands?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's interesting that anyone thought a poll for this would be necessary?

A better poll would be for who we'd guess the names are for those who voted with the dems. A couple are obvious, others you have to pay closer attention. Sheep's clothing sort of thing...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think Trump is guilty of both charges, but I also think this whole endevour serves best to illustrate that we cannot trust the government to police itself...the result will necessarily devolve into partisan political theatre. I have said from the beginning that I think impeachment is a bad idea...with these charges everyone in that room is as guilty as the accused.

I think it is important to hold politicians accountable for their actions, and I think our political parties have sucessfully insulated themselves from any form of effective or practical oversight. I don't think impeachment is a realible instrument of accountability or oversight. Term limits and a few criminal prosecutions might help, though.

Instead, House Democrats are going to vote to impeach regardless of the fact they commit offences as agregious as those of which they accuse the President, and Senate Republicans are going to aqquit him of all charges regardless of any veracity of the claims. The 'remedy' afforded by the consitution is inherently flawed and ripe for abuse...and I think our current situation speaks to that fact.

I don't believe that things are getting better for American Citizens when viewed through the lense of personal liberty or responsible stewardship...our government is out of control and, though I have no issue identifying the bad guys, I'm having a harder and harder time locating anyone fully upholding their oath to the Constution and We The People.

I think Trump is a man of poor character overall, I think he has a badly-informed and counter-productive agenda, and I think he lacks the intellect and empathy necessary for effective leadership on the scale required for the job...so I won't be voting for him. I think that's the appropriate and pragmatic way to deal with the heart of the issue...that Trump isn't (provably) a criminal, but he is most certainly a schmuck.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think Trump is guilty of both charges, but I also think this whole endevour serves best to illustrate that we cannot trust the government to police itself...the result will necessarily devolve into partisan political theatre. I have said from the beginning that I think impeachment is a bad idea...with these charges everyone in that room is as guilty as the accused.

I think it is important to hold politicians accountable for their actions, and I think our political parties have sucessfully insulated themselves from any form of effective or practical oversight. I don't think impeachment is a realible instrument of accountability or oversight. Term limits and a few criminal prosecutions might help, though.

Instead, House Democrats are going to vote to impeach regardless of the fact they commit offences as agregious as those of which they accuse the President, and Senate Republicans are going to aqquit him of all charges regardless of any veracity of the claims. The 'remedy' afforded by the consitution is inherently flawed and ripe for abuse...and I think our current situation speaks to that fact.

I don't believe that things are getting better for American Citizens when viewed through the lense of personal liberty or responsible stewardship...our government is out of control and, though I have no issue identifying the bad guys, I'm having a harder and harder time locating anyone fully upholding their oath to the Constution and We The People.

I think Trump is a man of poor character overall, I think he has a badly-informed and counter-productive agenda, and I think he lacks the intellect and empathy necessary for effective leadership on the scale required for the job...so I won't be voting for him. I think that's the appropriate and pragmatic way to deal with the heart of the issue...that Trump isn't (provably) a criminal, but he is most certainly a schmuck.

Hey, Paul!

This post is somewhat like an Oreo: there's a bunch of creamy, delicious stuff in the middle where I agree with you - sandwiched by the crunchy bits I disagree with.

(I'm not really sure how far I intended that analogy to go; probably, I'm just hungry.)

I disagree that Trump is "guilty" of any criminal, much less impeachable, allegations. I also overall approve of his political agenda. I won't disagree with those who find him to be personally distasteful (poor character, a schmuck, etc.), as that is largely subjective, and even if it were true, he's the only one advancing a truly America-first agenda, and his personal shortcomings haven't impacted the advancement of that agenda. Everything else in-between, I pretty much agree with spot-on.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Won't disagree with the character flaw argument either. I'll be voting for Trump based on policy agenda outcome.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I can only hope that once the Dems are back in power, the Reps don't forget about how things have been handled since Trump was elected and do everything in their power to return the favor. I've never been more sick of hearing about this garbage, the petulance is embarrassing but if this is how it's gonna be I hope the Reps take the bull by the horns and master the task.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A better poll would be for who we'd guess the names are for those who voted with the dems. A couple are obvious, others you have to pay closer attention. Sheep's clothing sort of thing...

I think we just need to label them somehow

Maybe a little asterisk next to their username, so we know them when we see them

Eh, that's too hard to see.

Let's make the asterisk gold so it really stands out.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think we just need to label them somehow

Maybe a little asterisk next to their username, so we know them when we see them

Eh, that's too hard to see.

Let's make the asterisk gold so it really stands out.

What's your beef here? That the electorate might want to hold elected officials accountable for their actions/votes?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

It's about time.
    kTemzdj.gif

Did you know there's no Bacon vote in the poll?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No, I want to know when I'm interacting with INGO members if I'm talking to a filthy demoncrap.

(is that the right parlance?)

* Not necessary.

Like vegans, they wear it on their sleeve. (origin Shakespeare, not the Schutzstaffel, I don't want anyone to be confused)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think this poll should be impeached for not including bacon.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No, I want to know when I'm interacting with INGO members if I'm talking to a filthy demoncrap.

(is that the right parlance?)

I don't get it. (Seriously)

The post you originally replied to, if I understood it correctly, commented on observing which House Rs supported impeachment. It didn't, as far as I could tell, have anything to do with INGOers, how they voted in a poll, or otherwise.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't get it. (Seriously)

The post you originally replied to, if I understood it correctly, commented on observing which House Rs supported impeachment. It didn't, as far as I could tell, have anything to do with INGOers, how they voted in a poll, or otherwise.

Ah, well that's how I read it. This sounds like "guess the names" of the INGO members that voted for the non-pro-Trump poll options... BW has made this same sentiment before, about "obvious" democrats here on the forum.

A better poll would be for who we'd guess the names are for those who voted with the dems. A couple are obvious, others you have to pay closer attention.

Top Bottom