• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do to you think President Trump stands?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Again, I think the questions should have said 'guilty or not guilty' rather than guilty or innocent. I have no idea if he's innocent of abuse of power. I can't honestly answer the question because the correct choice isn't available.

Guilty or not guilty is for a jury, and what someone "thinks" shouldn't really matter. That's a matter of whether the prosecution demonstrated guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

For where we are in the process, that's a terribly uninteresting question. The prosecution hasn't even begun, so "not guilty" should be everyone's default response.

This poll is asking if the members of INGO think that President Trump did the things named in the two articles of impeachment.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ah, well that's how I read it. This sounds like "guess the names" of the INGO members that voted for the non-pro-Trump poll options... BW has made this same sentiment before, about "obvious" democrats here on the forum.

I can see how it could be read that way. Might even be the correct reading.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think we're in agreement here?

Perhaps doing so is abuse of power. Even if it is (for the sake of argument), it isn't inherently an impeachable abuse of power. If it were, we would never see the end of impeachments of politicians for the very same abuse of power. Further, there are myriad actions that an elected official can take in carrying out legitimate, constitutionally or statutorily enumerated authority/responsibilities that also tangentially and/or coincidentally confer some personal benefit/gain to that official. That tangential/coincidental benefit/gain does not force said official to recuse himself from performing the duties of the office to which he was elected.

The counter argument here seems to be that the easiest way to act with impunity and avoid investigation for ostensibly unlawful actions is to announce one's candidacy for president while the office is presently occupied by a member of the opposing party. It's a brilliant plan, really. Any democrat can avoid otherwise legitimate investigation by the executive branch merely by announcing a run for president, because any otherwise legitimate investigation initiated by the executive branch would become an impeachable offense, due to the mere possibility that the current president could benefit politically from the investigation.

Side note: should Obama have been impeached for directing Lois Lerner (IRS) in her actions against Obama's political opponents?

I think if Trump used his power to pressure another country to dig up dirt for him, that's an abuse of power. I don't think it rises to the level of an impeachable offense though. I think for an an impeachable offense to have the wide support of the people, it should be something that rises above what other presidents have done and not been impeached. I think presidents have done far worse.

On the Obama point, no, not impeachable, but obviously we're presuming, for the sake of argument, that Obama directed Lois Lerner to do all that and there's evidence of it. We'll never know. Because hard drives in Democratic administrations have serendipitous calamities befall them when subpoenaed, and their email servers astonishingly don't keep copies of emails.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's interesting that anyone thought a poll for this would be necessary?

A better poll would be for who we'd guess the names are for those who voted with the dems. A couple are obvious, others you have to pay closer attention. Sheep's clothing sort of thing...

Sigh. :rolleyes:

C'mon man. This is getting to be some uber level identity politics going on here. So we need a poll to identify the INGO traitors? What. So you can shame them? :dunno:

It's a legitimate thing to poll. If you don't like it, you don't have to participate. It's optional. I declined to participate in the poll because it didn't provide any options for me to give a truthful answer. If I said Trump is innocent of both I'd be lying, because I don't know if he's innocent the obstruction charge. Also, I think I'd rather have something that answered whether we think it's an impeachable offense. Even if he's guilty, is it impeachable?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Poll on WIND this AM.

Is voting for impeachment worth losing your seat in the house?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Poll on WIND this AM.

Is voting for impeachment worth losing your seat in the house?

It depends. It's a question of when to override the will of constituents. If there's actually a high crime/misdemeanor committed, I think the representative should vote for impeachment. On the other side of it, if constituents want impeachment, and the allegations are not supported, then the representative should probably vote against.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    The whole process that Schiff ran brings shame. Since when is an accused in the US not allowed to know their accuser? And what kind of hearing refuses to allow opposing viewpoint witnesses to tell what they know? If we allowed jury trials to run the way this whole impeachment thing was held innocents would be in prison and the criminals would be in the streets.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hope trump obstructs these democrat traitors of the Republic as much as possible.

The anniversary of the Boston tea party was on the 16th. History will repeat itself because we have allowed tyrants into the hen house. And these public SERVANTS have forgotten their roles and place at the table.
    Hearing democrat traitors KNOWINGLY talk/lie about defending the constitution and the republic makes me vomit. Liars, thieves, murderers, oath breakers

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The whole process that Schiff ran brings shame. Since when is an accused in the US not allowed to know their accuser? And what kind of hearing refuses to allow opposing viewpoint witnesses to tell what they know? If we allowed jury trials to run the way this whole impeachment thing was held innocents would be in prison and the criminals would be in the streets.

Accused not knowing their accuser. Well, it's a whistleblower, so there's that. I'd like to have more confidence that the whistleblower is legit. But assuming he is (which doesn't assume that what he alleges is true) I don't mind protecting whistleblower generally. It seems they're traitors when they're against your guy; they're hero's when they're against their guy. Apparently.

You have a point about the process so far. Democrats have done all they can to keep Republicans from defending this. If it were an honest inquiry, every effort would be made to show both sides honestly.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Accused not knowing their accuser. Well, it's a whistleblower, so there's that. I'd like to have more confidence that the whistleblower is legit. But assuming he is (which doesn't assume that what he alleges is true) I don't mind protecting whistleblower generally. It seems they're traitors when they're against your guy; they're hero's when they're against their guy. Apparently.

You have a point about the process so far. Democrats have done all they can to keep Republicans from defending this. If it were an honest inquiry, every effort would be made to show both sides honestly.
    Well might has always made right in the history of the world. Even how David defeated goliath.
    The democrats ARE the traitors in this play. Theres no if ands or buts about it. They want to destroy the foundation of this nation. Why would anyone except a wimp want to negotiate or parlay with that side?
    FOR ONCE republicans need not backdown or dig in. They need to fix bayonets and charge!
    I know exactly how this ends and I'm at peace with it. Support the right or get out of the damn way

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So 3 people think he’s guilty. Wonder who that could be :rolleyes:

I don’t understand how people take this seriously. How can anyone believe this is a legitimate impeachment when they’ve been pursuing this since the election results came in? And the worst part, people actually buy into it and support it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    TDS-1.jpg

Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    I can only hope that once the Dems are back in power, the Reps don't forget about how things have been handled since Trump was elected and do everything in their power to return the favor. I've never been more sick of hearing about this garbage, the petulance is embarrassing but if this is how it's gonna be I hope the Reps take the bull by the horns and master the task.
    Maybe we should have a poll to see who in there right mind would ever vote for another crooked democrat!

Top Bottom