• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR15 as primary weapon in this tragedy

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    So the reports on the seriously tragic and deplorable acts that occurred in Stony Point, CT changed numerous times, often minute by minute. However, for most of the day it was reported that even though there was a rifle on scene that it was left in a car. The reporters seemed extremely adamant hammering home that two of the most commonly available pistols, a glock and a sig sauer, were the weapons used by the assailant. Jay Carney gets on tv explaining this is not the time to politicize the tragedy. Not long after the President gets on tv, cries, and mentions that gun control is back on the table. Now we get news that indeed the rifle that was supposedly left the car is the primary weapon used to perpetrate this godless act of savagery. So...

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    It does not look like an ar to me, thumbhole stock on it looks like a saiga carbine ...link [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Last edited:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    It didn't look like an ar-15 to me, but it did look like an evil black gun. Any way this is spun it will be used to push for an AWB.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    From that video, the trunk gun looked like one of them UGLY Hi-Point Carbines to me.
    Remember - to the media, all rifles are AKs and ARs.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    2 things:

IF the gun belonged to the mother ( I think we will all agree on this one at this point?) and if she was indeed one of those people who had their head on right and was a little prepared, why wouldn't she have an emergency carbine in the trunk of her car?

So, my thought is that she had the carbine in the car (I agree it looks like a high point from what I can see), and that her idjit punk kid had no idea it was there when he took the car after killing her and thus it was never used.

I may have my theory changed in the coming days if/when more evidence comes to light, but that is my working hypothesis for now.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    He had the AR15 on his body. He had a Saiga shotgun in the trunk. Media see black rifle and get confused. But the coroner said ALL victims suffered rifle wounds. Apparently he only used the pistols for his final act.

EDIT: That video sure looks like a High Point to me. I wonder if the Saiga report was wrong too. Why can't police ever give accurate information on black rifles?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If anything, I think the media is largely responsible for the misinformation on the guns used. When I first heard of the incident, well before the investigators released detailed information, one of the news reporters was referring to both a Glock and a "Sig Sauzer high-powered assault gun" being used in the attacks. She then reiterated that these are "extremely powerful" weapons that are available cheaply and easily.

Can someone tell me who makes the "Sig Sauzer" gun, what an assault gun is, and where these can be purchased cheaply and easily?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I haven't seen any press stating it was an AR-15, everything I have seen says it was an Assault Rifle in .223 caliber...did I miss a report? We all know that the AR-15 is not the only rifle chambered for .223

This story gets more and more confusing every hour...it's like they (the media) hasn't hunkered in the bunker and decided what the message needs to be.

Turn off your TV and stop listening to the news. Only then will you know the truth.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    EDIT: That video sure looks like a High Point to me. I wonder if the Saiga report was wrong too. Why can't police ever give accurate information on black rifles?
    Because the scum that leak info before it should be typically are the ones that see from a distance or hear second hand.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    Some of you are just like the media. Expand the screen on your computer, not your smart phone. It's not a Hi Point either. You can see the officer drop a large magazine and eject the round that was in the chamber. It was a shotgun of some type. Which logically makes more sense then a mother owning an AR 15.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Some of you are just like the media. Expand the screen on your computer, not your smart phone. It's not a Hi Point either. You can see the officer drop a large magazine and eject the round that was in the chamber. It was a shotgun of some type. Which logically makes more sense then a mother owning an AR 15.
    :+1: Finally watched the video... Looked like a semi auto shotgun with a pistol grip/buttstock.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm curious about this. I'm wondering, if it was an AR, why that didn't come out very quickly. Typically, it would have been out almost immediately. What if it was a Mini 14 with a regular stock? I'm not sure the media would be able to digest and classify it right away.

Whatever it was, the result of this incredibly evil act is almost too sad to comprehend.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    The bodies of the children have barely cooled, and INGO is busy arguing about what kind of gun they were shot with and throwing around conspiracy theories.

Nice. :rolleyes:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The bodies of the children have barely cooled, and INGO is busy arguing about what kind of gun they were shot with and throwing around conspiracy theories.

Nice. :rolleyes:
    I may be cold, but does it matter? They're dead. Nothing we can say is going to change that. Now we need to move on and figure out a few things. A) how to stop things like this from happening again. B) How to keep the story straight. C) What is the movement coming from the government. D) What happens when we are around for something like this?

Top Bottom