• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Yes the rumors are true Michael is coming back part time to work in the store. His Dad has had to be in the retail store to much and it is taking a toll on him. Michael is taking the bull by the horns and following up on a few changes that his mother wants done in the store.

Regarding the store being sold. Yes at one time the store was offered to an employee right after Mike's firt life threating illness. Now if you ask and Mike is in the store he will say hell yes give her a Half a million , we take th einvenoty and move the ONline sotres to Florida

I have reviewed a number of the old strings regarding the store which by the way is the Family Indoor shooting Range. The big pricing issue is all arouind the time of the Obama scare and the reduced availablity or guns and ammo. Yes the store raised their gun prices to meet the supply and demand and has lowered accordingly. Unfortunately in todays economy the store will not return to a 10 -15% markup. That price level can not be maintained and still remain open. Costs have gone up dramitically with insurance , utilities and etc for all businesses an dthose who do not adapt will not be here in a couple of years. Simply look at the number of gun stores in town in the 90's to present, there was a dramatic reduction. The economy is a *****.

Store buying ammo from Walmart. Yes at timnes they have and added a couple doooras tp each box so their range customers wouild have ammo. This had to be done as you all know ammo just isn't readily available.

Regarding Nick and his $60.00 mag. Nick is simply upset that the store did not have a part time job for him. Yes the mags had raised in proce as they were none to be had from the distributoirs. the $19.95 posted price is the LEO price now htat they are readily available the range sells them for $22.95.
    CCW Badge Selling at FISR. YEs they do sell them online, however not to many in the store as they employees also can not keep a straight face. The badges sell very well on line, however the owners adn MIke also think they are a Joke.

I also noticed that the main complainers are the same 5 or 6 guys to complain about everything.

She also wishes to express her concerns to those who might believe the few negitive people on the forum. She would also like to suggest to those few find the balls to come into the store an dexpress their concerns in prerson rahter than hide behind a forum avatar.

Obviously you a few think they can do better so why not get off your couch AS WELL AS YOUR WALLET and invest a million dollars and open your own store and indoor range.

There are many great stores in town and she suggests you shop the one that suits your needs and personality.

The owner (Carolyn) of the Family Indoor Shooting Range has asked me to thank all their loyal customers who helped the Retail store/range and online stores show growth in 2009 even during a negitive economy.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Started off positive, and ended on a very defensive position... And some of us did have the "balls" to complain in person, but that didn't really make a difference did it? Not sure why you had to threaten though. What happens with those that do have the balls to complain? The normal business response would be much softer and involved. But what do I know...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I go by POPs quite frequently hoping to see something new (there never is) and have never seen someone actually buying a gun there. I have used the range a couple of times and the workers have always been friendly and helpful. I guess i'm still used the stores we have up in MI, the store I worked at we usually had between 3-5 thousand guns at peak times in the year.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    wow. :chillpill:

Try reassuring everyone that you have updated your business practices
    and address some of the complaints instead of dismissing them out of hand.

...... What happens with those that do have the balls to complain? The normal business response would be much softer and involved. But what do I know...

You'll find the answer here.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/69844-guy_rips_off_friend_s_testicles.html

:laugh:

edited for reality
    Started off positive, and ended with a :fawk:go someplace else.

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I will say this: their indoor range, albeit expensive and takes god and his coming glory to get someone to check you in/out, the padding on the walls and lighting is great. The padding really takes the oomph off the load (compared to concrete walls).

As far as pricing on ammo and guns, a bit high. Almost too high. I did see they (the last time I was there, recent weeks) were coming down in Glock mags. A good sign. Given their general area, the pricing on guns seems to maybe deter potential crims from gaining arms, but that of course will not stop them.

All in all, I like Pop's range (wish they had more targets in stock, they seem always out of one type or another), but their store and personnel seem to want to sell more guns than range time. I would figure at the pricing on guns, they would be more apt to sell range time, my personal opinion.

Some cleaning up needed, but the store seems to be improving. Oh God, I said that! Now INGO is going to hit me! Please, I am brittle! :D

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    Thanks for providing an update. Family Indoor Shooting Range is a nice place to shoot, and I hope they stay in business for a long time. :patriot:

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I am not impressed by that... I will still use their range in the winter time but happily laugh in their faces about gun prices. Wen I started looking into building my first AR, they wanted 400 bucks for a strpped RRA lower...I bought one 6 weeks ago for 130...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Regarding Nick and his $60.00 mag. Nick is simply upset that the store did not have a part time job for him. Yes the mags had raised in proce as they were none to be had from the distributoirs. the $19.95 posted price is the LEO price now htat they are readily available the range sells them for $22.95.

First i will start out by saying that the things i posted on here about the mag had NOTHING to do with not coming back to work for you guys after i came home from Iraq. Rather when i came home i came in to the store and tried to talk to you guys about the business i was starting Indy Gunworks LLC. I thought we could develop a working relationship since my business is located so close to yours, however i was pretty much laughed out of your store... i think i have the begginings of a VERY successful business now, and maybe if we work together we can remedy the hard feelings?

second, the mag issue, YES i was upset, and am still upset. It really rubs me the wrong way to have been an employee in your store, NEED a mag in an emergancy to shoot in a competition THAT NIGHT, and you still want to charge me over 250 percent its value. i dont expect to be treated any better than your average cutomer being a former employee, but i was NOT happy in the least with the way i was treated that day.

all this said, popguns has some very nice facilities, and an incredible selection of firearms to pick from... i have been your customer in the past, and i will continue to be your customer well into the future. but my words on ingo will continue to reflect my experiences in your store.

I need to renew my one year membership to your range by the way :draw::rockwoot:

we are supposed to cut down on the IBTL....
    IBTL

:)

i doubt that will be neccessary, we are all on the same side here

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Whoa, they mess with Indygunworks, they mess with us all! :) In all seriousness, that is messed up. Literally 250% of the mag's value.

My view is now skewed. I side with Indy, in that their facilities are great and their selection of accessories is actually decent, but the pricing during the panic hurt, big time!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Whoa, they mess with Indygunworks, they mess with us all! :) In all seriousness, that is messed up. Literally 250% of the mag's value.

My view is now skewed. I side with Indy, in that their facilities are great and their selection of accessories is actually decent, but the pricing during the panic hurt, big time!

Funny thing is when i worked there, they always said if i didnt like their prices to just go out and get my own FFL... well, I did :D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Funny thing is when i worked there, they always said if i didnt like their prices to just go out and get my own FFL... well, I did :D

Hey, when in Rome! :D I mean Naptown...

Let's here it for Naptown! :D

But to seriousness: Stores that neglect or think lowly of vendors, suppliers, servicers, and gunsmiths should honestly rethink their strategy. These are the folks that supply demanded local services and should be acknowledged for it. At least Plainfield shooting supplies gave me a small discount for sending folks to them (with the vow: Tell 'em Vern sent ya, good for a darn good experince, even if you don't buy something! :D ).

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Yes the rumors are true Michael is coming back part time to work in the store. His Dad has had to be in the retail store to much and it is taking a toll on him. Michael is taking the bull by the horns and following up on a few changes that his mother wants done in the store.

Regarding the store being sold. Yes at one time the store was offered to an employee right after Mike's firt life threating illness. Now if you ask and Mike is in the store he will say hell yes give her a Half a million , we take th einvenoty and move the ONline sotres to Florida

I have reviewed a number of the old strings regarding the store which by the way is the Family Indoor shooting Range. The big pricing issue is all arouind the time of the Obama scare and the reduced availablity or guns and ammo. Yes the store raised their gun prices to meet the supply and demand and has lowered accordingly. Unfortunately in todays economy the store will not return to a 10 -15% markup. That price level can not be maintained and still remain open. Costs have gone up dramitically with insurance , utilities and etc for all businesses an dthose who do not adapt will not be here in a couple of years. Simply look at the number of gun stores in town in the 90's to present, there was a dramatic reduction. The economy is a *****.

Store buying ammo from Walmart. Yes at timnes they have and added a couple doooras tp each box so their range customers wouild have ammo. This had to be done as you all know ammo just isn't readily available.

So just because they couldn't be had from the distributors, the price goes up that much??? I call B.S.
    CCW Badge Selling at FISR. YEs they do sell them online, however not to many in the store as they employees also can not keep a straight face. The badges sell very well on line, however the owners adn MIke also think they are a Joke.

I also noticed that the main complainers are the same 5 or 6 guys to complain about everything.
    Poor service, outrageous prices are nothing to complain about?? I would be willing to bet there are more than 5 or 6 guys that have had bad experiences there, but just haven't said anything.

She also wishes to express her concerns to those who might believe the few negitive people on the forum. She would also like to suggest to those few find the balls to come into the store an dexpress their concerns in prerson rahter than hide behind a forum avatar.
    What would going in there and expressing anything get accomplished? I have plenty of "balls" but I couldn't get those guys off of there asses to sell me a gun, what makes me think they would take away from their precious time to listen to me complain?

Obviously you a few think they can do better so why not get off your couch AS WELL AS YOUR WALLET and invest a million dollars and open your own store and indoor range.
    How about we get off our couches and wallets and patronize a store that acts like they want our business?
    There are many great stores in town and she suggests you shop the one that suits your needs and personality.
    I have a feeling that this is already taking place.....

The owner (Carolyn) of the Family Indoor Shooting Range has asked me to thank all their loyal customers who helped the Retail store/range and online stores show growth in 2009 even during a negitive economy.

Top Bottom