• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Regardless of the reason, there is no excuse for poor service, ok the prices are high and there may be several reasons for that, on the other hand if they are hurting for money that bad, employing poeple with zero people skills is not the way to make money. Like I have said before, I have spent thousands of dollars there in the past and will not spend a dime there anymore, mainly because the crappy service that has become the norm at Pop's.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    the employee at walmart who sold me my ammo said pops have been buying their ammo and reselling it at a higher cost. Unreal

Not this again... That employee has not been the best on info before.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not this again... That employee has not been the best on info before.

sounds like this has been mentioned before???? I just hope it is not true. I Have noticed that walmart has been putting stickers on all ammo that is bought reading "Not for Resale". ill just spend my money at pops on that range not ammo.:ingo:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    sounds like this has been mentioned before???? I just hope it is not true. I Have noticed that walmart has been putting stickers on all ammo that is bought reading "Not for Resale". ill just spend my money at pops on that range not ammo.:ingo:

No, it is an accusation made against other stores. The walmart employee seems to like to spread rumors and say bad things about other stores. I put no faith in the comments at all.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    the employee at walmart who sold me my ammo said pops have been buying their ammo and reselling it at a higher cost. Unreal

Just thought id repost that, and I do find it believable. Why would a store who's removing their sporting goods department try and compete against pops?

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have gone to Pop's for two things. Training and the range.
    I cannot complain about either one.
    I thought Terry and Mike were very good at the Basic Pistol intro class.
    Their Fobus holsters of which I bought one, was priced as cheaply as anywhere else. I also LOVED the ability to rent various guns to try at the range. Tell me where anyone has that ability anywhere else if one does not have friends to borrow off of?
    I have not bought a gun there, but that is just a portion of their business. I almost bought a knife there once. They have seemed nice enough to me. Not gregarious in any way, but not bad, either. And at least I do not have to second hand smoke half a pack while browsing. (My last CT scan showed a SPOT...and I am a non smoker.)

And I also feel bad for Mike, whom I heard was having some serious medical problem. Cancer? That can be tough on anyone.

So, I think Pops has its place. I would rather see MORE gun shops and ranges make a go at it than fewer and fewer each year. I just wish I had more ability to frequent all the different places to keep them ALL in business.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I use POP GUNS for the range as well. The rentals are resonalbly cheap and you can trade in for anything on the wall with one rental fee.
    When shopping for my latest 9mm, I rented a Glock, XD and M&P back-to-back there.

I then bought an XD at Plainfield SS!

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Come on Nick. You know that at the time the Obama scare was in full force - and magazines were hard to find. Glock Magazines cost more than $19.95 wholesale unless an LEO purchase. You sure you are just not upset that they didn't give the part time job to you that you wanted.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I only started shooting last March. I was curious about what to do, and what kind of guns to look for, and one of the guys that does the training at Pop's was kind enough to meet me on a Monday morning and open the shop early for a training session to fit my limited schedule at the time. Haven't had much of a chance to get back since, but I have only good things to say about them.

Top Bottom