INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is the suspect still alive?
    Was he charged with anything?

I'm still bugged by that "attempted terrorist attack" thing.
    Maybe it's something the NYC mayor said to minimize the effect of the attack and made it sound like the police arrested the guy before he could act.
    I just hope they don't consider a lesser charge because of that term being used.
    To me if you make a bomb go off and injure people it's a successful attack even if the suspect planned to hurt or kill more people.
    Just like if you rob a bank and only get away with $10 instead of $10 million that's still a bank robbery, not attempted robbery.

Am I missing something?
    Is it only a terrorist attack if you kill someone, like murder vs attempted murder? :dunno:

No, again it's an attempt at dismissing the behavior. Trying to minimize reality.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No, again it's an attempt at dismissing the behavior. Trying to minimize reality.

I think I heard the NYC mayor say something like "we had no terrorist attack in NYC since 9/11" the other day.
    After the attack with the rented pickup truck.

Of course if they consider all attacks as "attempted attacks" it's easy not to have attacks in your city.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A portion of islam (statistically a pretty large number....and not a bunch of crazies) is at war with the infidels (everyone else).

The only controversial part of that is the "large number" thing. Statistically, it is not a large number that is at war. Of the Muslims at war, a statistically significant number are fighting against the islamofacists.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The only controversial part of that is the "large number" thing. Statistically, it is not a large number that is at war. Of the Muslims at war, a statistically significant number are fighting against the islamofacists.

Believe it or not, there are Muslims who Jihad against islamofascists and have even sacrificed themselves in that pursuit. Maybe they are part of the 30%....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Believe it or not, there are Muslims who Jihad against islamofascists and have even sacrificed themselves in that pursuit. Maybe they are part of the 30%....
    No. Way.

But that... that would mean that... there are Muslims who are like... like us....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Come on now. Let us please stick to the topic. Yes, I know jihad is a general term for struggle.

The topic being the 30% that are the ones agreeing that SUICIDE BOMBINGS/TERRORIST ACTIVITIES/DRIVING TRUCKS INTO CROWDS/MACHINE GUNNING CARTOONISTS/FLYING PLANES INTO BUILDINGS, etc. specifically targeting CIVILIANS are ok. You know the ones, like the guys that have been blowing the **** out of France for the last couple of years. Crazy?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Come on now. Let us please stick to the topic. Yes, I know jihad is a general term for struggle.

The topic being the 30% that are the ones agreeing that SUICIDE BOMBINGS/TERRORIST ACTIVITIES/DRIVING TRUCKS INTO CROWDS/MACHINE GUNNING CARTOONISTS/FLYING PLANES INTO BUILDINGS, etc. specifically targeting CIVILIANS are ok. You know the ones, like the guys that have been blowing the **** out of France for the last couple of years. Crazy?

That's not what the question in the survey said. I also don't know where the "30%" is coming from.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I was in Times Square 10 days ago. If he really wanted to do damage, I have never been in a more crowded spot than Times Square during the holidays at 7pm on a Saturday (maybe Rockefeller Center at 8pm on a Friday during the holidays). Are we sure he triggered it on purpose where he was and wasn't headed to a more crowded spot when he had a little accident? I know, I know- the picture....but geez, steps from tens of thousands if not a hundred thousand.

This is a major transit and transfer station. Subways, trains, buses all run out of this station. Perhaps the thinking was that a blast would cause a large disruption through a ripple effect of shutting down the movement of people rather than strictly the loss of life.

Times Square would be very easy to close off in the event of a bombing. Closing this particular Port Authority Terminal would arguably affect many more people and could have a big economic impact.

Although based on the half-assed result of the explosion I don't have much faith the bomber was thinking that deeply.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I guess they banned drinking on Okinawa and things went bad.

It turned into Lord of the Flies real quick,” one source said. “The hardest part was getting an isolated fire started in the barracks without burning the whole place down.”
    Defense officials said that factions formed quickly, much like the rats during mental health experiments.

“We ate the Coast Guard folks first,” one faction leader told the Duffel Blog, on condition of anonymity. Officials said there were less than a dozen Coast Guard personnel found on the island; many cowered along with Navy sailors, who sort of just rocked back in forth in the corners of the closets while Marines and Army Soldiers flourished amidst the chaos. No Air Force personnel were found.

Top Bottom