• Status
    Not open for further replies.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Yeah, but that does not make you my boss (supervisor).

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I hadn't realized that I'm not personally your supervisor.

You guys really get hung up on the technicality. I'm talking more on a philosophical level. When you start your shift, your attitude should be that you're heading out to help people. The people who are ultimately your employers. Instead, many of you have the attitude that you're heading out to control us. This is the attitude that needs to be corrected.

Maybe then everyone wouldn't hate you so much.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Why is that? Because he's trying to be honest with the OP by stating that there is a chance the complaint won't be heard because it involves a UTT as is protocol in his department? Or is it because he doesn't believe that your suggestion of going to the media will make a bit of difference? The fact that he doesn't agree doesn't make him "against" the OP. And the fact that he thinks the OP is just whining is a feeling shared by many people who have responded so far. As I stated earlier, if the officer really was so terrible and evil to him then it doesn't sound like he was very professional. The more I read though it sounds like the OP is just mad. I wasn't there and I don't know the OP or the officer involved, that's just how it's starting to appear.

no, its because i follow his other post and already know where he stands as an LEO.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    no, its because i follow his other post and already know where he stands as an LEO.

If you were ever to be stopped for speeding or such by me, I am willing to bet you would drive away concluding that you had me figured all wrong. Not tooting my own horn just saying. I write very few citations. I try to treat people with respect. But the violator sets the tone for the stop. I will not be someones whipping boy and I will never allow someone to take over the stop. Most people in this state are decent and reasonable people but every now and then you will run across a real winner.:nuts::scratch:

Culpepper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indiana
    Probably has a small penis.

Sounds like someone is attempting to compensate for his own down falls.

That I understand; I was a police cadet in college for the DuPage County Sheriff's Office.

The same guys that walk around with flashlights, no gun and in uniform and tell on everyone for having parties?

Due to your extensive training you must be highly versed in the daily operation of law enforcement.

their cars are well equipped, nice Ford Explorers with Leather seats. Sat in one of them...those seats are heated! Who pays for those? WE DO. Wireless access to the internet...is that really necessary?

Were you in the back seat or front seat and were your hands free?

I bet the vehicles were bought on state bid, which means $1600 over the cost of a crown vic.

I bet the wireless internet is used for communication between dispatch terminals and the officers and used for access to the BMV and criminal records. Not for crying on the internet about tickets they rightfully received.

And to everyone claiming they pay the officer's salary, in a town of 1500 people with two officers the residents pay around $50 a year per resident for their officers and far less in larger areas. So I would bet most get their $50 worth of service a year. If you don't like it, don't pay taxes as a way of denying them pay.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    so because you were speeding, and you never denied it in your post, got busted for speeding, and now upset and want the officer to get in big trouble? sounds about right, its the cops fault you were speeding. yes, lets make his life hard at work because you were speeding.
    man up and move on.

No It's about a "Public " servant having "Attitude" with the public he is serving. I have had 3 speeding tickets life time and don't speed with out cause now. If I get a ticket I will state my cause and if it is in the officers view Not valid and I get my ticket I will go to court. I will be please and not blame the officer for his opinion. I don't expect to be yelled at for it.
    Case in point I was speeding a few years ago taking my Wife to a possibly life and death Emergency room visit. I got pulled over. I explained the situation and still got the ticket. The officer and I both spoke with out raising our voices and Nothing else happened. Had I gotten Attitude I would have been upset. I got a ticket , I was speeding with intent.

The Public servant aspect of the job is lost on a small portion of law enforcement.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Case in point I was speeding a few years ago taking my Wife to a possibly life and death Emergency room visit.

Would it not have been more prudent to call 911 and have emergency services arrive at your location and provide immedidate care and then be transported to the hospital while providing said care in an ambulance?

Not trying to bust your balls, just asking.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    What's a deferral? I got a ticket last year in Illinois and when I moved here State Farm told me I had to pay more because of the ticket. First ticket since 1987 and yes, I was going 81 on I-57 downstate in the middle of nowhere. My laser detector went off, but it was too late. Watch out for them on the overpasses.

By signing the Deferral Agreement you are agreeing that you will not receive any more Infraction charges during the Deferral Agreement period. If your driving record remains clear after the Agreement period, your ticket will then be dismissed. If you receive another infraction during this Agreement period, your ticket will be re-activated and you will then be liable for the original infraction fee to the Court, and will receive points on your license. The Agreement period will last twelve months.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Crying about a $250 deferral but is ok with a $400 radar detector, so you can continue to speed? Give me a break.

Isn't 49 a 2 lane rural road? Going 71 on the toll road or 65 is much different than going 71 on a 2 lane road where farm equipment and school buses are. Use your head man.

And here, I think, is the issue with most of the posters in this thread. You have NO IDEA what 49 is like, where Dispatch is located in relation to it, and the speed at which these officers routinely drive in that area.

If you're going to spew unsolicited condescending "advice", it'd be in your best interest to at least make sure you know what you are talking about. :n00b:

EPIC FAIL.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Would it not have been more prudent to call 911 and have emergency services arrive at your location and provide immedidate care and then be transported to the hospital while providing said care in an ambulance?

Not trying to bust your balls, just asking.

IMHO, it depends on the situation.

For me and with the distance from the hospital, it made more sense to get her loaded up in the car and head towards the hospital. Then I called 911, explained the situation, and requested EMS meet me at XX, which was half way between my home and the hospital.

Instead of the wagon going 60ish to get to me, it was the wagon doing 60ish and me doing the same* headed to a common point, for a combined speed of 120+.

I was told that while they couldn't condone what I did, it most likey contributed to her survival.

*I was actually going much faster, but that Porter County ticket thread isn't going so well, so.....:whistle:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. I hadn't realized that I'm not personally your supervisor.

You guys really get hung up on the technicality. I'm talking more on a philosophical level. When you start your shift, your attitude should be that you're heading out to help people. The people who are ultimately your employers. Instead, many of you have the attitude that you're heading out to control us. This is the attitude that needs to be corrected.

Maybe then everyone wouldn't hate you so much.
    Technicality...I tire of hearing "I pay your salary." ...UGH. We know we are paid from taxes, we are not as stupid as some think. Rookies start their shift with the "We are going to help." and "We will make a difference." Vets are less optimistic. I and my fellow officers work in the busiest/most violent district in Indianapolis. We have the largest concentration of section 8 apartment complexes in the state. We have neighborhoods that are complete crap holes. I start my shift knowing that I'm less likely to help someone than I am to play referee and babysitter. I am called to referee adults who act like 2yr olds and for whom I do not have the ability to solve their silly disputes. I get to play parent to the kids that won't "respect" their parent so they call 911. I get to take the runaway report for the kid that runs away every other day for the last year. I get to arrest the baby daddy for domestic battery for the 3rd time because the "victim" refuses to show up for court the previous 2 times and keeps inviting him back. Or I get to take a domestic battery report from the baby mama when the baby daddy had left before I arrived. When I ask for the guy's name...she responds "I don't know him like that." REALLY???? I have to remember to NOT lean against the walls of many of the houses/apartments so the roaches don't crawl onto my uniform. I am a pretty laid back guy so I'm usually pretty up beat when talking to the public, but even I have my bad days. Some officers are less cordial than I or have more bad days than I do. Thinking that we will start all our shifts with big smiles knowing that we are going to make a difference is naive. Small department lean more towards this simply because they have nothing else to do. They can unlock cars, help little old ladies across the street, say hello to the businesses in their beats, help change a tire, give a person a ride across town...etc. I have just enough time to take my reports, take my runs (99% are BS that should have never involved law enforcement) and MAYBE actually do something helpful for someone who deserves it. I don't want to control you....YOU CALL US TO CONTROL YOU. Stop calling us to come over and tell your neighbor to stop parking so close to your parking spot. Stop calling us to come over and tell your neighbor to stop walking too loud in the apartment above you. Stop calling us to come over and tell your kids to do the dishes and clean their room. Stop calling us to come over and tell your girlfriend to give the keys back to their car. Stop calling us to come over and tell the boyfriend to stop spending their rent money on drugs. Stop calling us to come over to tell your kids to go to school. We are a reflection of our environment. After a while it becomes second nature. People "hating" us is of little concern. Haters will hate regardless of what I do so they can kiss it. I do my job to the best of my abilities and I am FAR from alone in this. If you get butthurt because I took too long to respond to take your report for a lost cellular phone because I was too busy dealing with a homicide scene and am less than nice when I do show up because you kept calling to complain about the time delay knowing that I was on a homicide but your BS report should be my TOP PRIORITY...well I'm sorry. The world we work in has little room for Sheriff Andy Taylors.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    (long rant)

You'll notice that nobody here is talking about anything that you just described.

It sounds like your job sucks. I'm sorry for that. Maybe it wasn't the best career choice, but it's nice of you to stick it out and try to help the ones you can.

Nevertheless, this thread isn't about cops coming to our section 8 housing to arrest our baby daddy. It's about normal hard-working citizens trying to drive to work and getting harassed by some holier-than-thou idiot over a completely victimless and absurd crime.

Frankly, it doesn't sound like you're that type at all. So no need to take offense.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Thanks for your service....

Technicality...I tire of hearing "I pay your salary." ...UGH. We know we are paid from taxes, we are not as stupid as some think. Rookies start their shift with the "We are going to help." and "We will make a difference." Vets are less optimistic. I and my fellow officers work in the busiest/most violent district in Indianapolis. We have the largest concentration of section 8 apartment complexes in the state. We have neighborhoods that are complete crap holes. I start my shift knowing that I'm less likely to help someone than I am to play referee and babysitter. I am called to referee adults who act like 2yr olds and for whom I do not have the ability to solve their silly disputes. I get to play parent to the kids that won't "respect" their parent so they call 911. I get to take the runaway report for the kid that runs away every other day for the last year. I get to arrest the baby daddy for domestic battery for the 3rd time because the "victim" refuses to show up for court the previous 2 times and keeps inviting him back. Or I get to take a domestic battery report from the baby mama when the baby daddy had left before I arrived. When I ask for the guy's name...she responds "I don't know him like that." REALLY???? I have to remember to NOT lean against the walls of many of the houses/apartments so the roaches don't crawl onto my uniform. I am a pretty laid back guy so I'm usually pretty up beat when talking to the public, but even I have my bad days. Some officers are less cordial than I or have more bad days than I do. Thinking that we will start all our shifts with big smiles knowing that we are going to make a difference is naive. Small department lean more towards this simply because they have nothing else to do. They can unlock cars, help little old ladies across the street, say hello to the businesses in their beats, help change a tire, give a person a ride across town...etc. I have just enough time to take my reports, take my runs (99% are BS that should have never involved law enforcement) and MAYBE actually do something helpful for someone who deserves it. I don't want to control you....YOU CALL US TO CONTROL YOU. Stop calling us to come over and tell your neighbor to stop parking so close to your parking spot. Stop calling us to come over and tell your neighbor to stop walking too loud in the apartment above you. Stop calling us to come over and tell your kids to do the dishes and clean their room. Stop calling us to come over and tell your girlfriend to give the keys back to their car. Stop calling us to come over and tell the boyfriend to stop spending their rent money on drugs. Stop calling us to come over to tell your kids to go to school. We are a reflection of our environment. After a while it becomes second nature. People "hating" us is of little concern. Haters will hate regardless of what I do so they can kiss it. I do my job to the best of my abilities and I am FAR from alone in this. If you get butthurt because I took too long to respond to take your report for a lost cellular phone because I was too busy dealing with a homicide scene and am less than nice when I do show up because you kept calling to complain about the time delay knowing that I was on a homicide but your BS report should be my TOP PRIORITY...well I'm sorry. The world we work in has little room for Sheriff Andy Taylors.

GREAT POST....:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:.....rep coming

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    You'll notice that nobody here is talking about anything that you just described.

It sounds like your job sucks. I'm sorry for that. Maybe it wasn't the best career choice, but it's nice of you to stick it out and try to help the ones you can.

Nevertheless, this thread isn't about cops coming to our section 8 housing to arrest our baby daddy. It's about normal hard-working citizens trying to drive to work and getting harassed by some holier-than-thou idiot over a completely victimless and absurd crime.

Frankly, it doesn't sound like you're that type at all. So no need to take offense.

I guess you havent read much in this thread.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Preach it, Denny! +1

If you encounter me as an LEO, I will be polite and calm 98% of the time. I will ALWAYS strive to be a professional. If you put yourself in that 2% of the time, it is just that, you have done something to be treated in a non-polite mode, usually involving handcuffs and booking photos. But we do see the nasty side of life daily and there will be days I am not at my best, just like any other human.

OP - if you were treated rudely by the policeman, you may have given him some attitude you were not aware of, he may have had an off day or he may be a total jag-ov. Maybe there is footage from a dash cam. Go ahead and complain to his department, but once you do this, GET OVER IT, PRINCESS!

Seriously, men treat each other rudely from time to time. How much time have you spent vexing over this perceived slight? Most men just respond and move on. After reading your posts I have seen you paint LEOs with a broad brush and it is pretty obvious you are mad about the ticket and just looking for excuses. If your post had been, "Yeah, I was speeding and got a ticket, but the cop was unprofessional" and that was the gist through your posts, I would give you more credence. But you seem to hate all cops, know exactly how we should do the job, question our intellect and motivations as a whole and call names like a little kid. What are you, 5 years old? 'I was speeding,, but so were they, Sherrif Lain!'. "The Deputy did not talk nice to me!!" Your subsequent posts paint a pretty clear picture of where you are coming from.

Here is what I know:
    YOU WERE SPEEDING
    YOU EARNED A TICKET
    THE COP MAY OR MAY NOT have been professional in his demeanor.
    THE KOTEX IS IN AISLE # 3

Now pay the ticket, have a stiff one and go build something in the garage. It's just.....more manly.

Last edited:

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    THE KOTEX IS IN AISLE # 3

Now pay the ticket, have a stiff one and go build something in the garage. It's just.....more manly.
    The LEO that gave the OP a ticket may have a small penis, but I'm thinking the OP has got to have a vagina. He-She sounds amazingly like my second girl friend that I damned near, but thankfully didn't marry.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom