Possible active shooter incident Indy 8/16 ***Helmets, armor and rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just the fact that eyewitnesses used the words 'military helmets' and 'ballistic vests' has my BS alarm going off pretty damn loud

*Generally* such reports have turned out to be tac vests or carriers without plates. Generally isn't always. I don't know which way this one will flop but armor is becoming increasingly a thing amongst targeted violence incidents. I would not be willing to put money on either outcome, personally.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did they establish if Jefferson Shreve has an alibi?
    on a related note, I found a Bored Rich Guy(tm) flyer tucked into my storm door last night. Sadly, they didnt ring the bell. OOOOH how I wish they had. Would have LOVED to chat with them about him.

And dont start with the "dont take it out on the volunteers". You lay with dogs, you get fleas you know.

/rant

(and now back to the thread)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    So individuals in this thread that tend to be 'in the know' have suggested that something did occur and the facts on the citizen app are at least +/- accurate-ish. Yet no reporting that I can find. Now I wonder, keeping it under wraps because the authorities believe doing so will help solve/catch/whatever. Or it's election season and the Simpsons character running for reelection would prefer something of this sort not be broadcast. But then I would think the democrat running on the R ticket would use this info to make hay. Perhaps he can't use this to make hay because his idea of addressing this and other crime is the same as the Simpsons character. I can see the confusion re: tac vest/carrier/armor, but "military helmet" is pretty darn specific and unlikely to be confused with a dorag or ball cap. A shootout, forty shell casing, mil gear and not any reporting. Weird.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I think maybe a group of weekend wanna-be's drove downtown in full play-time gear, made a bunch of noise, threw a couple handfuls of spent brass into the street, then jumped in their car and headed back to their mothers basement...

:shady:
    Me and the boys are just really frustrated with TSA matches always getting cancelled.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So if one wears a carrier with plates, is that an offensive posture or defensive posture?
    Highly subjective. I knew a fellow that wore a vest after a man known to police carried a gun outside his employment and threatened to shoot someone. So when this fellow wore a vest in from the parking lot, Security called the VP, the VP called the manager and had him ask the person with the vest if they were armed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So individuals in this thread that tend to be 'in the know' have suggested that something did occur and the facts on the citizen app are at least +/- accurate-ish. Yet no reporting that I can find. Now I wonder, keeping it under wraps because the authorities believe doing so will help solve/catch/whatever. Or it's election season and the Simpsons character running for reelection would prefer something of this sort not be broadcast. But then I would think the democrat running on the R ticket would use this info to make hay. Perhaps he can't use this to make hay because his idea of addressing this and other crime is the same as the Simpsons character. I can see the confusion re: tac vest/carrier/armor, but "military helmet" is pretty darn specific and unlikely to be confused with a dorag or ball cap. A shootout, forty shell casing, mil gear and not any reporting. Weird.
    Given the fact that it took how many years for a reporter to ask a hard question about the riots and his whereabouts, this is plausible. The local media is 100% in bed with him. Ever notice nobody complains that they he wont do interviews or press conferences? He only comes out of his office for PR events. You'd think with all of the crime and violence and other issues the city is facing, they'd be wanting to ask how we get out of this mess.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Dozens of shots fired runs in Indy...DAILY...and few actually make the news. It's not a conspiracy it's normalcy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dozens of shots fired runs in Indy...DAILY...and few actually make the news. It's not a conspiracy it's normalcy.
    True. But how many involve the reported details of kevlar? You'd think the media would be all over that.

EDIT: And I can verify Denny's comment. I work near 30th and Arlington, and every couple weeks a shots fired report pops up around us on the app, but never a mention in the news. (as it should be because shots in and of themselves are not newsworthy)

Top Bottom