Possible active shooter incident Indy 8/16 ***Helmets, armor and rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Dozens of shots fired runs in Indy...DAILY...and few actually make the news. It's not a conspiracy it's normalcy.
    Are you seriously saying that multiple men in tactical gear firing shots in a coordinated attack on whatever it is they were shooting at is normal? We're all used to common street thugs popping off their gats, but don't you think that this particular occurence seems just a tad bit out of the ordinary? If not, please let me know. I need all the ammo I can find in convincing my wife to move out of this **** hole city.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    True. But how many involve the reported details of kevlar? You'd think the media would be all over that.

EDIT: And I can verify Denny's comment. I work near 30th and Arlington, and every couple weeks a shots fired report pops up around us on the app, but never a mention in the news. (as it should be because shots in and of themselves are not newsworthy)
    The media is looking for victims. If there were none here, not likely getting their attention.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Are you seriously saying that multiple men in tactical gear firing shots in a coordinated attack on whatever it is they were shooting at is normal? We're all used to common street thugs popping off their gats, but don't you think that this particular occurence seems just a tad bit out of the ordinary? If not, please let me know. I need all the ammo I can find in convincing my wife to move out of this **** hole city.
    You are inferring a lot here. Initial reports are not always accurate. Anymore, the media calls our PIO to ask about such runs. The PIO calls the reporting officer to get a more accurate account for the media. If the more accurate account is not news worthy, it doesn't make the news. Happens all the time.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A shootout, forty shell casing, mil gear and not any reporting. Weird.

It's only weird because you don't know how often this goes unreported. The difference here is likely that it occurred in an area that people post about it in social media circles that some INGOers move in.

As far as how close you think the media is to the mayor, I get just a little peek into that world more often than I'd like and I will softly chuckle and say no, they don't only say what he wants them to say.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Given the fact that it took how many years for a reporter to ask a hard question about the riots and his whereabouts, this is plausible. The local media is 100% in bed with him. Ever notice nobody complains that they he wont do interviews or press conferences? He only comes out of his office for PR events. You'd think with all of the crime and violence and other issues the city is facing, they'd be wanting to ask how we get out of this mess.

Why would they feel a need to ask the question, when they already know the answer?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's only weird because you don't know how often this goes unreported. The difference here is likely that it occurred in an area that people post about it in social media circles that some INGOers move in.

As far as how close you think the media is to the mayor, I get just a little peek into that world more often than I'd like and I will softly chuckle and say no, they don't only say what he wants them to say.
    Im not saying they are a mouthpiece for him. But they are clearly sympathetic towards his administration and simply ignore much of his shortcomings.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Found this, for what it's worth, for those saying no local reporting. Maybe by now everyone has seen it, but just in case...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You are inferring a lot here. Initial reports are not always accurate. Anymore, the media calls our PIO to ask about such runs. The PIO calls the reporting officer to get a more accurate account for the media. If the more accurate account is not news worthy, it doesn't make the news. Happens all the time.
    Maybe I should just ask more directly...

Are multiple men equipped with tactical gear involved in "shots fired" reports a common occurence in Marion County, Indiana?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe I should just ask more directly...

Are multiple men equipped with tactical gear involved in "shots fired" reports a common occurence in Marion County, Indiana?

If you're a random citizen minding their own business living in most of the county? No.

If you engage in certain group oriented activities that sometimes irritate others similarly engaged in certain group activities? More so. And, perhaps, trending upward.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you're a random citizen minding their own business living in most of the county? No.

If you engage in certain group oriented activities that sometimes irritate others similarly engaged in certain group activities? More so. And, perhaps, trending upward.
    Got rerouted off of the interstate a couple of days ago and had to double back along 16th Street near Methodist to get back to I-70. Glad to hear that their marksmanship has improved, perhaps along with their adoption of tactical gear, so that nobody is any danger from stray bullets. Luckily, I was also just minding my own business on my way back to the Green Zone.

:):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Top Bottom