• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To the op, I think that IngSoc is too securely entrenched in your society and guns are too demagog-ed to make much headway. Your people have been disarmed regularly by the Crown for centuries to keep rebellions at a minimum, so they are used to government control of weapons. America was founded by people with a different mindset and have resisted most of governments attempts to disarm the populace. I doubt that you will be able to make any headway against centuries of oppression without the total collapse of your government. Unfortunately, usually the government that arises from a collapse is more oppressive than the original. You would need a popular revolution, based on respecting everyone's individual God given rights, and preventing government intrusion into peoples lives. But like I stated earlier, you have centuries of government interference into peoples lives, so they are accustomed to it and probably can't even imagine a society without the government telling them what they can and can't do. Good luck.

If you have some marketable skills, then it makes the whole US immigration process easier, or so I hear. IANAL, YMMV.

Mark-of-Scotland

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To the op, I think that IngSoc is too securely entrenched in your society and guns are too demagog-ed to make much headway. Your people have been disarmed regularly by the Crown for centuries to keep rebellions at a minimum, so they are used to government control of weapons. America was founded by people with a different mindset and have resisted most of governments attempts to disarm the populace. I doubt that you will be able to make any headway against centuries of oppression without the total collapse of your government. Unfortunately, usually the government that arises from a collapse is more oppressive than the original. You would need a popular revolution, based on respecting everyone's individual God given rights, and preventing government intrusion into peoples lives. But like I stated earlier, you have centuries of government interference into peoples lives, so they are accustomed to it and probably can't even imagine a society without the government telling them what they can and can't do. Good luck.

If you have some marketable skills, then it makes the whole US immigration process easier, or so I hear. IANAL, YMMV.

You sir get rep for knowing what IngSoc is.

Other than that there is a huge amount of growing dissatisfaction with the self defense laws here. Many many people carry weapons either for crime or defense regardless of the law and many have taken notice of the surge in violent Criminal activity connected to the growing African and Eastern European Immigration.

I feel i have a good shot at gaining public opinion here.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    what weapons could you carry? I thought that the government was even making pointy knives illegal, since the uptick in stabbings. I had also heard that all of the bar mugs were going to have to be plastic because too many glass ones were being broken and used as weapons. Also, isn't there a law prohibiting "offensive" weapons, which could be anything you could defend yourself with? I am not trying to be funny or anything, this is what I have heard, and unfortunately not taken the time to confirm. Is this true?

Mark-of-Scotland

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what weapons could you carry? I thought that the government was even making pointy knives illegal, since the uptick in stabbings. I had also heard that all of the bar mugs were going to have to be plastic because too many glass ones were being broken and used as weapons. Also, isn't there a law prohibiting "offensive" weapons, which could be anything you could defend yourself with? I am not trying to be funny or anything, this is what I have heard, and unfortunately not taken the time to confirm. Is this true?

Yes.
    It's been illegal to carry knives here for some time though. We are not allowed to carry ANYTHING.

In Glasgow and some other cities (not sure about England) you do get your pint of beer served in a plastic cup instead of a pint glass in some places.

Though i had a glass pint just a few weeks ago

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    You sir get rep for knowing what IngSoc is.

Other than that there is a huge amount of growing dissatisfaction with the self defense laws here. Many many people carry weapons either for crime or defense regardless of the law and many have taken notice of the surge in violent Criminal activity connected to the growing African and Eastern European Immigration.

I feel i have a good shot at gaining public opinion here.

Since you seem to disavow violent or non-violent replacement of unjust and/or tyrannical Government, my sole suggestion for you is to move to these United States of America, where the God-granted right to self-defense is more appreciated. Seeing as this is probably an unacceptable solution to a man who is proud of his motherland and what it means to him and his people, I would merely remind you of Wallace and his men - is violence truly always unacceptable as a means of liberation? Of self-defense?

But you're probably better off petitioning the tyrants of your oppressive Government for redress - who now wears baldricks?

:ingo:

Mark-of-Scotland

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since you seem to disavow violent or non-violent replacement of unjust and/or tyrannical Government, my sole suggestion for you is to move to these United States of America, where the God-granted right to self-defense is more appreciated. Seeing as this is probably an unacceptable solution to a man who is proud of his motherland and what it means to him and his people, I would merely remind you of Wallace and his men - is violence truly always unacceptable as a means of liberation? Of self-defense?

But you're probably better off petitioning the tyrants of your oppressive Government for redress - who now wears baldricks?

:ingo:

I will do everything i can to avoid violent revolution and the overthrowing of my government based on might alone. Life is precious and it must be protected at all costs. To gives ones life in the pursuit of your rights is indeed an honorable thing but even so. I want the citizens of Britain to be armed in order to prevent bloodshed. I don't want to cause it.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Question; do you know the crime rate in comparison to the US? I had heard there was a large surge in assault, robbery, and mugging since the English defacto gun ban went in effect.

If I lived there, I would create a campaign like the folks stuck in Illinois that created the "Guns Save Life" campaign. They use short, rhyming signs along the interstate highways to promote their argument. If you can push info into the public conscious that allowing guns may make them safer overall (even if the "firearm homicide rate" increases), you may be able to create a tipping point in the coming years.

The important thing to explain is that overall crime would likely decline (as folks are more able to defend themselves, regardless of size), but some of the bad guys may get killed, resulting in more "gun homicides".

Top Bottom