• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I think I had mentioned this in a thread like this one before, but I'm a descendant of Admiral François Joseph Paul de Grasse. So that makes me German/Scottish/Irish/French. I am also told I'm related to Abraham Lincoln's wife.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Some very interesting genealogy here.
    My wife has always claimed to be a descendant of John Wilkes Booth. I don't believe she herself has followed up on it.
    My family has claimed to be from the same family as Union General Meade. In my free time I need to verify that.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I am a high quality French model.
    Bonjour...

DDfPpzd.jpg

:)

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    My great grandfather was the youngest of 10 children and the only one to survive of his entire family when a fire was improperly banked one night.
    On the Celtic side of the family, every male has been fighting since the time of Cain and Abel and still fight to this day with good reason or not. One served with the NY 49th at Gettysburg. Was wounded in 1865 at the Siege of Petersburg.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have another ancestor that was a Virginian....and when the civil war broke out he went north and fought in some Union outfit...after the war he was a traveling preacher and roamed Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky. When he died, 5 women filed as his wife to collect whatever was left of his widows pension from his service in the war. His name was Spencer and he loved women...so much he was married to five of them at the same time...all spread out over four states. Not sure who ended up with his pension. As far as we can tell, he fathered between 17 and 23 children with those women. HAHAH.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had a direct relative on the Mayflower, can't remember their name without looking it up. I just found out this summer that 2 of my great grandfathers (father and son) were both killed in the American Revolution and that I have a direct uncle, Benjamin Overfield from Meshoppen, PA who was in Gen. Washington's boat when they crossed the Delaware to kill the Hessians on Christmas eve. My aunt has letters from him to his wife talking about the ordeal.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I have 2- 2nd cousins (sisters), that were Playboy centerfolds in the late-70's.

You would think I'd get a free pass to the mansion, but nooooo...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had ancestors on the mayflower.
    2 ancestors in the revolution. Both were friends with General Washington. One more so than the other. One was a continental light dragoon from Virginia. The other a general.
    2 relatives for sure that fought in the war of 1812. They were friends with Daniel Boone and his family and moved west with them.
    i had several relatives who fought on both sides of the civil war.
    my family that Lives down south don't like Yankees, LOL! And that's what they call people up north still.

Thats some of the older history. I have documents that back it all up. I'm looking to join sons of the American revolution but I haven't yet.
    Also like another member, I had family that served in every major conflict since our county's birth to today. Very proud to know that answering the call is In my blood.
    i think knowing who you came from does explain certain personal traits. Especially for me being so passionate about patriotism. It's true living history.

Very cool stories everyone is sharing!

SNS: have you thought about a DNA history being done on you? There is a place you can send it to and it's relatively inexpensive. You may have your whole world change! I feel for your circumstances buddy.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I had ancestors on the mayflower.
    2 ancestors in the revolution. Both were friends with General Washington. One more so than the other. One was a continental light dragoon from Virginia. The other a general.
    2 relatives for sure that fought in the war of 1812. They were friends with Daniel Boone and his family and moved west with them.
    i had several relatives who fought on both sides of the civil war.
    my family that Lives down south don't like Yankees, LOL! And that's what they call people up north still.

Thats some of the older history. I have documents that back it all up. I'm looking to join sons of the American revolution but I haven't yet.
    Also like another member, I had family that served in every major conflict since our county's birth to today. Very proud to know that answering the call is In my blood.
    i think knowing who you came from does explain certain personal traits. Especially for me being so passionate about patriotism. It's true living history.

Very cool stories everyone is sharing!

SNS: have you thought about a DNA history being done on you? There is a place you can send it to and it's relatively inexpensive. You may have your whole world change! I feel for your circumstances buddy.
    Where do you do this? I'm interested.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My wife's great, great uncle was General George Custer (maybe it was 3 "greats" on that) ... as much as he may have seemed like a fool, still a notable figure in history. The last person bearing the Custer name in her lineage (her great Grandpa) passed away a few years ago at the age of 99. Her grandmother's (still living) maiden name was Custer...

Nobody really cool in my ancestry except my Great, Great, Great Grandfather was a mounted officer for the Indiana Cavalry (IIRC) during the civil war.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow...some pretty interesting stories there.

On my mom's side, one of her great-great?-grandparents fled Scotland because he'd insulted some earl. He first went to Nova Scotia and left behind some sort of mill-business-property in Scotland. He later settled in North Carolina. Mom also had some great grand parent that was a stereo-typical colonel for the Confederates in the Civil War.

Dad's side of the family had to leave Kentucky after the Civil War (they lost their farm) and (I don't remember the time line) either they or their offspring wound up settling in Oklahoma, in the Cimarron after the rush.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The farthest back I go is this guy, Adam who had no belly button. No last name either because there was no one else around and therefore, no need for last names.

Top Bottom