• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not even sure why you even bother any more. Anything you state won't be a good enough answer. Here, anything stupid one cop does will be presented as something you are personally responsible for. But +1 to you for your effort.

Nobody here is blaming you or Denny for that cop's actions. I simply want to know why none of you can state in plain English that deadly force would have been justified against that cop.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nobody here is blaming you or Denny for that cop's actions. I simply want to know why none of you can state in plain English that deadly force would have been justified against that cop.
    Probably because no one here can see what is taking place outside the view of the camera. Probably nothing that warranted his reaction. But you nor I neither know for sure.

Face value? I'd say the guy would have been justified. But then what? Someone produces a damning video showing something none of us saw going on outside the camera view? You're asking for an answer to a question that no one can really answer. Although again, it's probable and likely nothing else was going on.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Because the camera sees only a fraction of what was going on.

Assuming arguendo no justification for pointing a gun, then yes, deadly force could be justifed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Because the camera sees only a fraction of what was going on.

Assuming arguendo no justification for pointing a gun, then yes, deadly force could be justifed.

Well, cameras don't show everything, but....wow, that looks like a guy who, at the very least, needs to find a new line of work. Possibly even prosecuted. As for self-defense, too much speculation for me.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, cameras don't show everything, but....wow, that looks like a guy who, at the very least, needs to find a new line of work. Possibly even prosecuted. As for self-defense, too much speculation for me.

I'd simply be satisfied for fellow blue liners to call for his resignation but you won't get that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, arguendo, the crowd is holding rocks and bottles. That COULD be self-defense.

And the fellow officer who pulls him off is completely oblivious to said rocks and bottles.

You think the officer who pulled him off filed a report on that incident?

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    One would have to be pretty damn stupid to have a problem with this shooting. The guy got exactly what he deserved (and apparently wanted.)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think he should resign...barring anything we didn't see off camera. Fair enough?

What could have happened off camera that would have justified his actions? Was he threatened? If so, why did he and the other officer turn their backs on the crowd and walk away? Remember, common sense tells us that cops just don't go around murdering people without justification. Common sense also tells us that cops don't take threats, point their rifles at people and just walk away.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What could have happened off camera that would have justified his actions? Was he threatened? If so, why did he and the other officer turn their backs on the crowd and walk away? Remember, common sense tells us that cops just don't go around murdering people without justification. Common sense also tells us that cops don't take threats, point their rifles at people and just walk away.
    As I said earlier...no reply will be good enough for you. What exactly is it you're wanting? Several of us have told you the cop was likely wrong. Can we give you a definitive response? Nope...we weren't there.

Really...we're giving you the best reply we can without have been personally there and seeing it first hand. Nothing is cut and dry or black and white.

Top Bottom