• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I said what I meant and I meant what I said. Advancing on cops with a knife and refusing orders to put it down is a good shoot.

Are you sure that's what you mean?
    Its just so hard to tell because when you're type that, it doesn't look like your lips are moving at all. :dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Are you sure that's what you mean?
    Its just so hard to tell because when you're type that, it doesn't look like your lips are moving at all. :dunno:
    I could even state it without every caveat known to man that might possibly exonerate a guy advancing on cops with a knife and refusing to put it down.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Never been stabbed, but someone tried to take a little off the top with a machete one night.

Did he really swing at your head? I think you would have been justified shooting him as many times as you wanted. I don't know how you guys deal with people like that every night......but I am sure glad you guys do. Thanks man for what you do....and I don't want anyone think I am looking down on LEO's. I was just blown away that it took that many shots from point blank range......maybe they were using Glocks ;)

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Did he really swing at your head? I think you would have been justified shooting him as many times as you wanted. I don't know how you guys deal with people like that every night......but I am sure glad you guys do. Thanks man for what you do....and I don't want anyone think I am looking down on LEO's. I was just blown away that it took that many shots from point blank range......maybe they were using Glocks ;)

I think part of the trick is it's not "how many shots it took", but "how many times they shot".

From when they started shooting till the last shot is a small amount of time.

The guy is coming at you with a knife and screaming to kill him. He's unhinged, he knows you have a gun and he is charging you. Your heart is ramped up, your adrenaline is pounding, you fire and he goes down and afterwards you see from the video that you fired eight times. You don't remember firing eight times, you just remember thinking "oh **** this guy is going to make me shoot him, don't do it, don't do it, don't do it, ************ bang bang, it's over".

For me the bottom line is this guy was being a dick and he made the officers shoot him. That sucks for the officers, now they have to deal with the aftermath. It could have gone a million different ways, the officers could have tased him or let him stab them to death or tried to ninja kick him in the jaw, but the dude could have just put down the knife or better yet not started all this **** in the first place.

Top Bottom